The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 75
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan. 28, 2004
    Posts
    744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Equine Studies View Post
    Where are you? I use kinek.com and ship to Wellesley Island then pick up. If you really, really want one I'm happy to have you ship it to "me" and I'll go get it then ship to you-PM me if you want. Extra cost to you would be shipping from Kingston-ish to you, $5 for the pick up and likely the 13% if they make me go in and pay duty. Not sure when I'm going overnight next.
    Unfortunately I am in SK, aka the frozen white north according to any company that ships :/ Oh well, I don't REALLY need an new bridle, and the Vespucci O/S are GINORMOUS! I have a true 17.2 oversize boy, and he fits into my horse sized Vespucci's just fine, everything else he wears is O/S or WB size.



  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct. 11, 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Snatched up some new reins ($60 with shipping). Thanks for the link!!



  3. #23
    Join Date
    Sep. 17, 2011
    Location
    Cheney, WA
    Posts
    537

    Default

    I am trying it but it's not changing the price in my cart. Is it doing it to anyone else? I don't want to enter my card info and end up with being charged the whole price!



  4. #24
    Join Date
    Oct. 14, 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Star's Ascent View Post
    I am trying it but it's not changing the price in my cart. Is it doing it to anyone else? I don't want to enter my card info and end up with being charged the whole price!
    Did you go in the OUTLET section on the left column? It will only mark down those items in that section.
    How people treat you is their KARMA.... how you REACT is yours!



  5. #25
    Join Date
    Sep. 17, 2011
    Location
    Cheney, WA
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Yep, I'm a dummy. Reading comprehension is a good thing. It's been a long day



  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct. 14, 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,730

    Default

    LOL I did the same thing, that's how I know..

    Does anyone have comments about the Amergio jumping boots? I wanted to get fronts and hinds but didn't know if they are good. They look really nice on line. I did notice the web site colors are off. The Oakbark is the lighter color and the Brown is the darker color but in the photos they are not the same as the color says.

    I did order an Oakbark bridle because I know the darken so quickly anyway. But the boots I want dark.

    Any thoughts on the boots? Thanks.
    How people treat you is their KARMA.... how you REACT is yours!



  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jun. 30, 2008
    Location
    at work and the barn...middle of nowhere PA
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Wow! Thanks for the information on a GREAT deal! I've been debating on which of my boys gets the "good" show bridle and which will be showing in the "OK" show bridle, but problem solved! I didn't want to spend any serious $$, but I don't want a crap bridle, so this is a perfect solution for me! Now they can fight over which gets the "good" show bridle and which gets the Vespucci! I got the O/S Fancy padded in Oakbark, my horse's heads are pretty big, so hopefully it doesn't stretch and get too big!
    I'm so excited! Breaking from work to check COTH finally pays off!!



  8. #28
    Join Date
    Mar. 10, 2013
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    259

    Default

    Oh dear, then I got paranoid the o/s would be too big, so ordered a h/s just in case lol. BTW, shopatron (who fills the orders) has a 30 day return policy, so if it doesn't fit don't forget to return it quickly or they won't take it back (not that I've learned this from personal experience or anything ).



  9. #29
    Join Date
    Sep. 17, 2011
    Location
    Cheney, WA
    Posts
    537

    Default

    I was eyeing the Amerigo boots too. Of course the bridles I really wanted weren't in horse size and then the one that was cob that would probably work is in black not brown.



  10. #30
    Join Date
    Oct. 14, 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Star's Ascent View Post
    I was eyeing the Amerigo boots too. Of course the bridles I really wanted weren't in horse size and then the one that was cob that would probably work is in black not brown.
    There was a square raised hunter bridle in brown or oakbark in horse size.

    I ended up buying the Amerigo boots because they were 133.00 vs 300 ish. Any leather jumping boots are around 250 to 350 so I figure if I hate them I can use them for schooling. They do have green straps on them which I wish they were black or brown but I will see once I get them. Thought about taking a Sharpie to them LOL..... I was hoping someone knew something about them....
    How people treat you is their KARMA.... how you REACT is yours!



  11. #31
    Join Date
    Jun. 30, 2009
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doublesstable View Post
    There was a square raised hunter bridle in brown or oakbark in horse size.

    I ended up buying the Amerigo boots because they were 133.00 vs 300 ish. Any leather jumping boots are around 250 to 350 so I figure if I hate them I can use them for schooling. They do have green straps on them which I wish they were black or brown but I will see once I get them. Thought about taking a Sharpie to them LOL..... I was hoping someone knew something about them....
    I did some review checking & the boots scored better than the "newer" bridles which seem inconsistent in quality & sizing - coincidentally looked at one of these bridles recently & was not wowed by the leather ... of course at the discount price, I'd likely reconsider (except in Canada, so I'll just wait for the new efo shipment - got a gorgeous Cavallo bridle last year )



  12. #32
    Join Date
    Jun. 8, 2012
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    1,385

    Default

    I needed a new bridle like a kick in the head but oh well..... couldn't turn down that sale. Ha ha. Thanks for the link.
    You don't scare me. I ride a MARE!



  13. #33
    Join Date
    Jan. 13, 2003
    Location
    where there is no snow in the winter
    Posts
    645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doublesstable View Post
    LOL I did the same thing, that's how I know..

    Does anyone have comments about the Amergio jumping boots? I wanted to get fronts and hinds but didn't know if they are good. They look really nice on line. I did notice the web site colors are off. The Oakbark is the lighter color and the Brown is the darker color but in the photos they are not the same as the color says.

    I did order an Oakbark bridle because I know the darken so quickly anyway. But the boots I want dark.

    Any thoughts on the boots? Thanks.
    I bought the boots and really like them. I ordered them in brown. When I got them, they were a moderately dark brown. Lovely feel to the leather. I gave them a nice light oiling with Ledersoft and they were immediately a dark chocolate brown. Super lovely leather. Like doublestable, I too wish the elastic was black or brown, but I can live with the dark green. I have a pair of Hadfield leather boots and the elastic is dark blue. The price is great!

    Oh, and don't worry about the color on the website versus the description. Go with the written description. If the description says "brown" the boots will be brown. I was a little worried at first, but have no fear. Shop away!



  14. #34
    Join Date
    Apr. 1, 2006
    Posts
    965

    Default

    Both my horses have average heads....my americana bridle they wear all the way at the top and the aramas almost all the way at the top....would you guys recommend the cob or horse size?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. (Aristotle)



  15. #35
    Join Date
    Mar. 30, 2012
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,053

    Default

    And now out of panic I have bought a horse size too....



  16. #36
    Join Date
    Mar. 26, 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Button View Post
    Oh dear, then I got paranoid the o/s would be too big, so ordered a h/s just in case lol. BTW, shopatron (who fills the orders) has a 30 day return policy, so if it doesn't fit don't forget to return it quickly or they won't take it back (not that I've learned this from personal experience or anything ).
    Hey I noticed on the outlet section it states "ALL SALES FINAL", but for all the other products they will honor the 30 day return policy.

    Happy Shopping!



  17. #37
    Join Date
    Mar. 10, 2013
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SSQUAREDAWAY View Post
    Hey I noticed on the outlet section it states "ALL SALES FINAL", but for all the other products they will honor the 30 day return policy.

    Happy Shopping!
    I really should pay more attention. Perhaps I can spin this with DH... "See I have this extra bridle, I need another horse to fill it, otherwise it'll just go to waste and you know you hate to waste stuff."


    1 members found this post helpful.

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Mar. 26, 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default

    I like the way you think! I have 3 extra bridles, I wonder how convincing I can be



  19. #39
    Join Date
    Jan. 9, 2012
    Posts
    1,811

    Default

    Thank you, and DAMN YOU TO HELL. you made me order a new non-essential bridle. But all pretty new bridles are essential, right? Right?


    2 members found this post helpful.

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Jan. 22, 2011
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Does anyone know the difference in the Quarter Horse bridle versus the regular?



Similar Threads

  1. Steal of a Deal
    By trainingtree in forum Dressage
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Aug. 13, 2011, 04:21 PM
  2. Vespucci Bridles?
    By LvdSprtHorse in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: Nov. 18, 2010, 12:43 PM
  3. Steal of a Deal
    By enjoytheride in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Apr. 10, 2010, 05:44 PM
  4. Vespucci bridles, experiences, pics?
    By JustABay in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: Mar. 9, 2010, 11:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •