The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Equine Studies View Post
    Where are you? I use kinek.com and ship to Wellesley Island then pick up. If you really, really want one I'm happy to have you ship it to "me" and I'll go get it then ship to you-PM me if you want. Extra cost to you would be shipping from Kingston-ish to you, $5 for the pick up and likely the 13% if they make me go in and pay duty. Not sure when I'm going overnight next.
    Unfortunately I am in SK, aka the frozen white north according to any company that ships :/ Oh well, I don't REALLY need an new bridle, and the Vespucci O/S are GINORMOUS! I have a true 17.2 oversize boy, and he fits into my horse sized Vespucci's just fine, everything else he wears is O/S or WB size.

Snatched up some new reins ($60 with shipping). Thanks for the link!!

I am trying it but it's not changing the price in my cart. Is it doing it to anyone else? I don't want to enter my card info and end up with being charged the whole price!

Quote Originally Posted by Star's Ascent View Post
    I am trying it but it's not changing the price in my cart. Is it doing it to anyone else? I don't want to enter my card info and end up with being charged the whole price!
    Did you go in the OUTLET section on the left column? It will only mark down those items in that section.
    How people treat you is their KARMA.... how you REACT is yours!

Yep, I'm a dummy. Reading comprehension is a good thing. It's been a long day

LOL I did the same thing, that's how I know..

Does anyone have comments about the Amergio jumping boots? I wanted to get fronts and hinds but didn't know if they are good. They look really nice on line. I did notice the web site colors are off. The Oakbark is the lighter color and the Brown is the darker color but in the photos they are not the same as the color says.

I did order an Oakbark bridle because I know the darken so quickly anyway. But the boots I want dark.

Any thoughts on the boots? Thanks.

at work and the barn...middle of nowhere PA

Wow! Thanks for the information on a GREAT deal! I've been debating on which of my boys gets the "good" show bridle and which will be showing in the "OK" show bridle, but problem solved! I didn't want to spend any serious $$, but I don't want a crap bridle, so this is a perfect solution for me! Now they can fight over which gets the "good" show bridle and which gets the Vespucci! I got the O/S Fancy padded in Oakbark, my horse's heads are pretty big, so hopefully it doesn't stretch and get too big!
    I'm so excited! Breaking from work to check COTH finally pays off!!

Oh dear, then I got paranoid the o/s would be too big, so ordered a h/s just in case lol. BTW, shopatron (who fills the orders) has a 30 day return policy, so if it doesn't fit don't forget to return it quickly or they won't take it back (not that I've learned this from personal experience or anything ).

I was eyeing the Amerigo boots too. Of course the bridles I really wanted weren't in horse size and then the one that was cob that would probably work is in black not brown.

Quote Originally Posted by Star's Ascent View Post
    I was eyeing the Amerigo boots too. Of course the bridles I really wanted weren't in horse size and then the one that was cob that would probably work is in black not brown.
    There was a square raised hunter bridle in brown or oakbark in horse size.

I ended up buying the Amerigo boots because they were 133.00 vs 300 ish. Any leather jumping boots are around 250 to 350 so I figure if I hate them I can use them for schooling. They do have green straps on them which I wish they were black or brown but I will see once I get them. Thought about taking a Sharpie to them LOL..... I was hoping someone knew something about them....

Quote Originally Posted by doublesstable View Post
    There was a square raised hunter bridle in brown or oakbark in horse size.

I ended up buying the Amerigo boots because they were 133.00 vs 300 ish. Any leather jumping boots are around 250 to 350 so I figure if I hate them I can use them for schooling. They do have green straps on them which I wish they were black or brown but I will see once I get them. Thought about taking a Sharpie to them LOL..... I was hoping someone knew something about them....
    I did some review checking & the boots scored better than the "newer" bridles which seem inconsistent in quality & sizing - coincidentally looked at one of these bridles recently & was not wowed by the leather ... of course at the discount price, I'd likely reconsider (except in Canada, so I'll just wait for the new efo shipment - got a gorgeous Cavallo bridle last year )

I needed a new bridle like a kick in the head but oh well..... couldn't turn down that sale. Ha ha. Thanks for the link.
    You don't scare me. I ride a MARE!

Quote Originally Posted by doublesstable View Post
    LOL I did the same thing, that's how I know..

Does anyone have comments about the Amergio jumping boots? I wanted to get fronts and hinds but didn't know if they are good. They look really nice on line. I did notice the web site colors are off. The Oakbark is the lighter color and the Brown is the darker color but in the photos they are not the same as the color says.

I did order an Oakbark bridle because I know the darken so quickly anyway. But the boots I want dark.

Any thoughts on the boots? Thanks.
    I bought the boots and really like them. I ordered them in brown. When I got them, they were a moderately dark brown. Lovely feel to the leather. I gave them a nice light oiling with Ledersoft and they were immediately a dark chocolate brown. Super lovely leather. Like doublestable, I too wish the elastic was black or brown, but I can live with the dark green. I have a pair of Hadfield leather boots and the elastic is dark blue. The price is great!

Oh, and don't worry about the color on the website versus the description. Go with the written description. If the description says "brown" the boots will be brown. I was a little worried at first, but have no fear. Shop away!

Both my horses have average heads....my americana bridle they wear all the way at the top and the aramas almost all the way at the top....would you guys recommend the cob or horse size?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. (Aristotle)

And now out of panic I have bought a horse size too....

Quote Originally Posted by Button View Post
    Oh dear, then I got paranoid the o/s would be too big, so ordered a h/s just in case lol. BTW, shopatron (who fills the orders) has a 30 day return policy, so if it doesn't fit don't forget to return it quickly or they won't take it back (not that I've learned this from personal experience or anything ).
    Hey I noticed on the outlet section it states "ALL SALES FINAL", but for all the other products they will honor the 30 day return policy.

Happy Shopping!

Quote Originally Posted by SSQUAREDAWAY View Post
    Hey I noticed on the outlet section it states "ALL SALES FINAL", but for all the other products they will honor the 30 day return policy.

Happy Shopping!
    I really should pay more attention. Perhaps I can spin this with DH... "See I have this extra bridle, I need another horse to fill it, otherwise it'll just go to waste and you know you hate to waste stuff."

1 members found this post helpful.

I like the way you think! I have 3 extra bridles, I wonder how convincing I can be

Thank you, and DAMN YOU TO HELL. you made me order a new non-essential bridle. But all pretty new bridles are essential, right? Right?

2 members found this post helpful.

Does anyone know the difference in the Quarter Horse bridle versus the regular?