The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Quote Originally Posted by strides View Post
    Silly that it has become as personal as his riding abilities, or lack thereof, whichever anyone prefers.
    How is talking about his morals, or lack thereof, less personal?

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by trubandloki View Post
    How is talking about his morals, or lack thereof, less personal?
    Yes, really? Morals, versus how one rides, hhmmmm. I am far from the paranoid type, but strides always come up with "some" reason to feel sorry.....kind of weird to me.
    Adriane
    Happily retired but used to be:
    www.ParrotNutz.com

Quote Originally Posted by Parrotnutz View Post
    Yes, really? Morals, versus how one rides, hhmmmm. I am far from the paranoid type, but strides always come up with "some" reason to feel sorry.....kind of weird to me.
    My point is that you are saying people are getting too personal talking about his riding. I think discussing his morals is far more personal than discussing riding ability.

My point is that you are saying people are getting too personal talking about his riding. I think discussing his morals is far more personal than discussing riding ability.
    tru.....I am agreeing with You....and not with "stride" lol
    Adriane
    Happily retired but used to be:
    www.ParrotNutz.com

Morals is far more personal and honestly isn't how a trainer rides important since they are the pros. And to whoever asked about where is is located as far as I know he is still at anjelheart which is near the horse park but he has been kicked out of stargate

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Parrotnutz View Post
    You may be "far from the paranoid type" however that is a paranoid way of thinking. Understandable considering you aren't speaking face to face with anyone here, so I get that. Let me reinstate what was said before. I do not know this person. Because I "always come up with some reason to feel sorry" means absolutely nothing. It means that I am able to put myself in multiple shoes. Once again, to defend that statement, that by no means says that I am defending this trainer. I do not agree with what he did according to what I have heard, and I do not particularly care for anyone who has the audacity to do what he did. I didn't think it was necessary to leave half of my opinion out.

This is very true. I suppose I was only looking at this from the business perspective, which ultimately does come down to ones morals. You are right.

Wicked good quote. May I use?
    Quote Originally Posted by Martha Drum View Post
    mbm, I very respectfully disagree with your comment about bad manners. Taking in a free horse just to turn it around to Camelot for a little $ is perfectly legal, but if he misled the previous owners about his intentions, it's still a crappy thing to do.

"The law is not a ceiling of good behavior we require people to rise up to; it is a floor of minimally acceptable behavior beneath which we do not permit them to fall."