The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    12th floor of the Acme building in a city that knows how to keep it's secrets.

Default Disturbing info on New Jersey Trainer- Is this true?

Last edited by Midge; Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:02 AM.
    You will not rise to the occasion, you will default to your level of training.

Is this a public link? I cant get it to load. Info??

Same - link doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Midge View Post
    It's telling me I don't have permission to view the page.
    Screenshot?

Also, you can edit the title by clicking on "go advanced".

You can edit the title if you edit your original post, it'll show up as the subject line.

Sorry! I thought it was. Must be set as friends of friends. Let me see if I can copy it.

1 members found this post helpful.

It works. He sounds like a jerk.

I saw that post on my FB page too. It made me ill. Thank the Internet for being able to spread the word about people like this. I am glad the story had a happy outcome.
    "I used to have money, now I have horses."

3 members found this post helpful.

Could someone please post a short summary on here?

Quote Originally Posted by lrp1106 View Post
    Could someone please post a short summary on here?
    CL horse offered for free to a trail-riding home. Prominent NJ equestrian took the horse ostensibly for his personal trail-riding use. The horse was found at the Camelot auction less than two weeks later. Saved by some nice folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Abberlaze View Post
    CL horse offered for free to a trail-riding home. Prominent NJ equestrian took the horse ostensibly for his personal trail-riding use. The horse was found at the Camelot auction less than two weeks later. Saved by some nice folks.
    That's terrible. Very shady. Is the equestrian named? I would hope so, so that people in the area can steer clear.

why would someone take a free horse and then dump it at an auction? esp if they are a well known trainer? must be far more to this story.....

also, i find it disturbing (but wish i had thought of it sooner!) that someone can take a private/friends only FB post and do a screen shot and then post it publicly.

<shudder> well there goes the last amount of FB posting i will ever do!

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by mbm View Post
    why would someone take a free horse and then dump it at an auction? esp if they are a well known trainer? must be far more to this story.....
    Because they lack moral fiber. Unfortunately this isnt the first time I have heard of someone doing something like this.

also, i find it disturbing (but wish i had thought of it sooner!) that someone can take a private/friends only FB post and do a screen shot and then post it publicly.

Agreed...even with security settings I only try to post things I wouldnt mind a complete stranger seeing!!

The trainer named is Brandon Clinton. The link I posted was from a public page.

2 members found this post helpful.

Why would they do it?

MONEY!!!!

He isn't the first, nor will he be the last.
    Some riders change their horse, they change their saddle, they change their teacher; they never change themselves.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by comingback View Post

Agreed...even with security settings I only try to post things I wouldnt mind a complete stranger seeing!!
    Facebook "private" settings do NOT protect against many internet reactions/processes, except other Facebook users. You should NEVER post anything you don't want everyone knowing. For example, if someone posts something on their "private" Facebook profile, someone can still talk about it off of Facebook, can't they? It's the same really. Facebook profiles are NOT private, even if they are set to "friends only".

ok, i want to get clear on one thing since i am now getting PMs. The guy took a free horse. it was given to him - since that is the case he has every right to do as he pleases with HIS horse. If the prior owners were concerned they should of had a contract that stipulated that they wanted first right of refusal.

Once you give up ownership you give up any rights to control of the horse. the law is on the guys side. whether we like it or not. bashing him is just bad manners.

the prior owners should of thought more before handing the horse over to stranger without a buy back contract in place - and in fact if the prior owners were so concerned they should not of sold/given away the horse - they should of kept it or leased it.

as for FB - i dont post much there anyway and nothing that cant be "out there" it just never occurred to me people would do something like that - but having been on coth all these years i should of known

7 members found this post helpful.

Agreed you can do anything you want with a horse you own-- and nothing about a horse you gave away (even, often, if you attached a buy back clause) but if there is nothing wrong with what he did -then there is nothing wrong with putting people on notice that he picks up freebies to flip for cash. (edited to add--or so the timing sure looks like it).

17 members found this post helpful.

Oh my goodness ... I really hope there is much more to this story than meets the eye. The trainer in question will be working with my horse in the next couple of weeks to help with the lead changes. Nothing is final yet, so I will be talking to my trainer about this to determine if it is still something I want to do.

Legally, he was entitled to do what he did - and I do not dispute that! Morally ... that's another question. The only influence I or anyone else has is the power of the check book.
    ~ In the chaos of the showing, remember riding should be fun for all, including our 4-legged kids.

8 members found this post helpful.