The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Never thought I'd start a Craigslist thread, but Oy Vey!

http://maine.craigslist.org/grd/3880908602.html

"Beautiful Appaloosa stallion standing at stud! Don't have papers as I rescued him and a made off of a cow farm. Kenny has the best personality I could ever ask for. He's very willing, calm, and smart. When I got him a month ago he had no training. Now he lunges and takes a saddle and bit. These characteristics are what you want to breeds with your mare. When he was with his previous owners the woman said he had a foal with another made but I'm unsure of that. He has bred with my made though. Either way, he has wonderful conformation and markings which should be passed onto your foal. The way I breed, it that your made comes to my home and paddock breeds. (I have 3 horses and other animals so were not a facility but everything is legitimate.) Your made would stay for 7 days and after a day of being in her own paddock, she and the stallion would share a paddock. This is the easiest and most stress free way of breeding for the both of them. Made care a day is $10 which includes 2nd cut hay fed twice a day and a 10X12 stall. I can provide 12:12 but I don't have any other grain, so if you have supplements or other grain it must be sent with her. Stud fee is $250. If your made doesn't take, she can come back for a free rebreeding. (My contract states all of this) Also, your made must be up to date on all vaccinations and a negative coggins. Texts or emails preferred because I work. Calls are okay if you can't text or email, I'll get back to you when I can. (207) 480 0164 Also for sale!! "

There are pics in the ad.

Sounds like someone passed their "Hillbilly Horse Breeding 101" test with flying colors.

28 members found this post helpful.

Made, Maid? Which is it?

Dang, should I send my fully funded 401k to her instead of the others?

I guess her stallion doesn't mind a free rebreeding to be given away at his expense?

And, since he makes color, he is worthy of making more with said made/maid.

12:12. I haven't fed grain in many years, is that a type of grain? Is that 12 protein and 12 of what else? 12:12. Hmm. Got me. Oh, maybe it is like 11 herbs and spices, yeah that is it.

And he paddock breeds made/maids? Guess nobody gets hurt and nobody runs off with the butler or other staff in the hotel.

6 members found this post helpful.

You can have an appy with no papers! Wahoo! Lordy.
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible

Well lunging and taking a saddle and a bit are the characteristics I'm looking for in a stud. I'm sold!

Ha. No.
    You are what you dare.

21 members found this post helpful.

:facepalm:

He's really incredibly cute... Obviously he'd be 1000x cuter as a gelding.

The bare feet are just making me cringe. Yes, let's handle the unbroke "rescue" stallion in bare feet. That's a good idea

13 members found this post helpful.

Poor guy!
    In the last picture posted he looks disgusted, as if he is thinking "get this horrible, ill fitting thing off of my back already"..

5 members found this post helpful.

I love those saddles. Made by Bob.

Poor guy, he really is cute, but not "at stud" material.
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

1 members found this post helpful.

Quick, someone buy him and cut off his *ahem*(s), then market him as "Appaloosa Stallion turned made!"

Sorry. I crack myself up.

He's also for sale. And looks like he'd make a nice gelding. Sadly I can only afford the one I already have.

I dare you to post this in the Sport Horse Breeding forum.
    I heard a neigh. Oh, such a brisk and melodious neigh as that was! My very heart leaped with delight at the sound. --Nathaniel Hawthorne

13 members found this post helpful.

I would have to haul about 4 hours but I wonder if she would guarantee SPOTS? I have an un-paper, 25 yo, chestnut mare and I want kolour! And if she has a colt, then I can start my very own BYB operation.

3 members found this post helpful.

He is really cute. Wonder what his breeding actually is, because he doesn't look like a 5th generation fugly. Not saying I'd breed to him, but he is surprisingly attractive (given the circumstances). Wonder what the mare (errr...made) that came with him looks like?

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by RedmondDressage View Post
    :facepalm:

He's really incredibly cute... Obviously he'd be 1000x cuter as a gelding.

The bare feet are just making me cringe. Yes, let's handle the unbroke "rescue" stallion in bare feet. That's a good idea

I love that pic because' he's so obviously trying to graze, and she's hauling on him to keep the head up.

Quote Originally Posted by OneGrayPony View Post
    .. Wonder what the mare (errr...made) that came with him looks like?
    Let's just hope the "made" that came with him isn't his mother, since the Hillbilly Breeder has bred the two of them together...
    "If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple payments..."

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by SuckerForHorses View Post
    Let's just hope the "made" that came with him isn't his mother, since the Hillbilly Breeder has bred the two of them together...
    Geez Sucker. First rule of BYB, of course he would not breed his mother so if he bred the made/mare/free horse it must not have been his mother.

4 members found this post helpful.

Wow. What astonishes me is how people like this are able to get/hold a job and just plain function in the everyday world. And apparently do well - looks like a nice area.

11 members found this post helpful.

Awww Sucker that's just line breeding ;-) I am kidding, of course.

My real query was regarding who this horse may really be. I doubt he's an actual rescue, if she has only had him for a month and he's in good condition (for an unbroke stud). So the cow farm must have been feeding him.

The barefoot picture makes me giggle and cringe at the same time. But he does seem like an awfully cute horse and he has a very tolerant "feel". Looks like a good "first horse" (after the required surgery and training).

4 members found this post helpful.

He's adorable. I'm glad he's waaaay too far away—he'd be in Tenn. minus two appendages in a heartbeat! (I'm a sucker for that "look" he's giving in the saddle photo—the Evil Princess gives me the same one!)
    "Dogs give and give and give. Cats are the gift that keeps on grifting." –Bradley Trevor Greive

I'll see your add and raise it:

http://bad-riding.livejournal.com/729093.html#comments

Also, look what a great way to market your horse!!
    http://buckshorsecompany.com/horses-for-sale.html
    Yes, I smell like a horse. No, I don't consider that to be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DottieHQ View Post
    You're just jealous because you lack my extensive koalafications.