The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bloomer View Post
    As a clinician, Dr. Redden puts on quite a show.
    I have heard he does!
    An amusing story ~ About 13 - 15 years ago, my then farrier (would still be my farrier, but I moved too far south & he got too many clients), Jeff told a tale about when he went to Dr. Redden's yearly farrier's clinic/seminar in KY - a tale not about Dr. Redden, but about this farrier who'd devised a pogo-stick/stool combo, that he strapped to his butt. Jeff could barely tell me about this experience, without nearly asphyxiating with laughter. He said it was such genius and so outrageous, you had to laugh!

east central Illinois and working north to the 'burbs

Quote Originally Posted by nasalberry View Post
    [/COLOR]I DO recognize this vet/farrier's expertise and authority in the matter
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by nasalberry View Post
    I have heard he does!
    An amusing story ~ About 13 - 15 years ago, my then farrier (would still be my farrier, but I moved too far south & he got too many clients), Jeff told a tale about when he went to Dr. Redden's yearly farrier's clinic/seminar in KY
    The Bluegrass Laminitis Symposium, sometimes referred to as "Redden World" was a great experience. One year as the closing act, Dr. Redden performed a deep flexor tenotomy in one of the large conference rooms of IIRC, the Gault Hotel. All of the attendees watched it on large closed circuit TV. He started at the mid-cannon level and quickly realized that because of adhesions between the DFT and SFT, the surgery would not be successful. So, he started over in a different location. Extra Credit: Where did he perform the tenotomy and Why there?

"Today" pix of my horse's shoes.

On Friday, 3-15-13, he got his RF shoe caught in the wire fence, and pulled it off. Very little horn came with it, but it was a week before I could get farrier out (as it was a non-emergency). He was re-shod with new aluminum wide-web rockers on 3-21-13.
    So, this pic is 4 days post-shoeing. it snowed overnight, so not the best pix (and there are 3 other today pix to view on my photobucket, if you like). The ice fills in the original blown-wall site, as well as the chips from yanking the shoe. He was not lame at any time.
    3-25-13 RF Lateral picture
    Last edited by nasalberry; Mar. 25, 2013 at 04:05 PM.

To me, that shoe looks like a flat PLR shoe not a full roller motion shoe. And, no, they are not one in the same..

That reminds me I need to put bananas on my grocery list . . .

1 members found this post helpful.