The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

View Poll Results: Did the Animal Communicator Establish Communication With the Horse?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. There are people with such an ability.

12 21.43%
  • No. Fraudulent.

32 57.14%
  • I'm on the fence about it.

10 17.86%
  • No opinion.

2 3.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Poll: Video of Animal Communicator with Horse - Do You Believe or Not?

So, do CotHers believe or not after watching this video?

http://youtu.be/MGSRDSFvjGM
    "No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

I must say, first of all, that I could only watch the first half before I gave up on the video.

I think the horse was enjoying the calm and peaceful manner of the person. I think the person had her own agenda of messages that she wanted to put forward.

And what's the deal with 'exhaling through both his nostrils'?

What the text described as 'release' looked more like discomfort to me.
    Last edited by draftdriver; Mar. 24, 2013 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Spelling

5 members found this post helpful.

Correct me if I'm wrong but was th HORSE going to recommend a book? I can't bear to scroll back through to look. Lady had an agenda, that's for sure.

6 members found this post helpful.

I didn't watch the video so no opinion on that, but I DO know the AC I used definitely was reading my guy, because I gave her NO info to go on other than where, what, color, sex, name age....

She was spot on with the behavior he was experiencing....

Some are frauds...like anything else.
    "As a rule we disbelieve all the facts and theories for which we have no use."- William James
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Proud member of the Wheat Loss Clique.

2 members found this post helpful.

I just saw 1:30 of the video...here is my issue with this particular video: I wish they had left off the music and just allowed us to hear what the AC was saying. I'm sure that she is "great" but I understand that many people are skeptical (and rightfully so). I think the video might have been fantastic if we were able to experience the communication as it took place, but I will never know now because of the way this video was "doctored". I am not sure who released the video (AC, Owner, or someone else), so I really can't comment on this particular AC or reading.
    Certified Spiritual Medium/ Animal Communicator
    www.heatherevebristol.com
    www.meliorastables.net

4 members found this post helpful.

I only lasted a minute and 43 seconds. Nice worldview music and the rest of it was . . . pointless? No opinion.
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible

1 members found this post helpful.

For the record, I am bitter that you all did not suffer through the whole thing. Misery does love company.

9 members found this post helpful.

There are people who can communicate with animals. (Our owner, we're warmbloods, has esp some of the time. Not all of the time, but enough that her vets don't question her when she says something. Unfortunately her esp did not work for lotto or we'd be in a barn with a 24/7 concierge.)

There are people who rip off owners of animals by picking up on signals from the owners.

Figuring out which is a fraud and which is esp is sometimes not easy to do.

Don't pay anyone unless that person can tell you something about your horse/animal that they cannot pick up from you.

Takng advantage of horse owners is not nice!

Nope. AC is BS. There are certainly people who are incredibly astute, intuitive readers of animal and human BEHAVIOR, but there is no mystical or psychic element. However if what an AC says has a positive effect on a person's life, then I guess it isn't completely without value.
    "Winter's a good time to stay in and cuddle,
    but put me in summer and I'll be a... happy snowman!!!"

Trolls be trollin'! -DH

4 members found this post helpful.

I lasted 4 mn and 37 seconds to right after the "release of the drop of mucus from his left nostril"
    The messages that foals wanted to be with their mothers and horses wanted to be with horses, as well as people not listening were such a revelation to me!!!
    And my favourite part was when the horse took a step forward to reposition himself to where he wanted the "healer" to be...and she promptly got down from her stool and moved it back forward to where it was before!

I'll let you guess what my position is

Plus I now have to go take a nap after the soothing indian meditation music... (I would have preferred to hear the comments from the AC.)
    A friend told me I was delusional. I almost fell off my unicorn.

5 members found this post helpful.

I communicate with my horses, regularly and frequently. But I don't insult their intelligence, or that of the wider world, with drivel. This reminds me more of a PETA or HSUS fund raising commercial than anything else. I will admit just getting through the first five minutes. If I had spent more the makers of this travesty would be guilty of felony theft of my time.

Of coure maybe I'm just prejudiced because my AN/ASA-4A Detector Set, Night Soil, Bovine, Male was screaming loudly in my ear.

Sorry, but it doesn't wash.

G.
    Mangalarga Marchador: Uma Raça, Uma Paixão

If they submit to agreed upon test protocols (i.e., both sides must agree) and prove they can "communicate" they can win a million bucks from JREF. For some reason, no "animal communicator" has ever won the money (I don't know if they've even tried). What is proven is that people remember the correct GUESSES such supposed communicators make and tend to forget the incorrect ones (which are usually much more numerous).

I've offered the following test to such communicators, and for some reason they don't take me up on it: Come to the barn. My horse is one of 25 in the barn. It certainly knows who I am. Go out there and "communicate" and figure out which horse is mine and tell me what it says. I'll wait in the house. With no feedback from me, no reaction to the guesses....no supposed communication with the horse Quelle surprise!! Duh.

3 members found this post helpful.

I made it until the horse RECOMMENDED A FREAKING BOOK. Are you kidding me? Was the horse on amazon last night, searching for books that would help his owner understand him? Horses don't even know what books ARE. AC is crap--people taking advantage of others.
    Charlie Brown (1994 bay TB X gelding)
    White Star (2004 grey TB gelding)

Mystical Moment, 1977-2010.

6 members found this post helpful.

Where humidity isn't just a word, it's a way of life.

Didn't watch the entire thing, but did she come up with one single thing that was very particular to that horse (i.e. I hate the bay with three white socks that is usually in the stall on my left) and not a generalization that could apply to most horses ("they took me away from my mommy before I wanted to go")?

Most I have seen are quite generalized; "that blonde woman", "the brown horse in the barn," when my last owner had me I had a slightly sore leg for a while"; nothing that wouldn't apply to many horses and allows the AC to play the odds.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonoverMississippi View Post
    Didn't watch the entire thing, but did she come up with one single thing that was very particular to that horse (i.e. I hate the bay with three white socks that is usually in the stall on my left) and not a generalization that could apply to most horses ("they took me away from my mommy before I wanted to go")?

Most I have seen are quite generalized; "that blonde woman", "the brown horse in the barn," when my last owner had me I had a slightly sore leg for a while"; nothing that wouldn't apply to many horses and allows the AC to play the odds.
    How hard is it to note where a horse is stalled in a barn and what other horses are nearby?

G.

Where humidity isn't just a word, it's a way of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilherme View Post
    How hard is it to note where a horse is stalled in a barn and what other horses are nearby?

G.
    Sorry, I should have made myself clearer, I was suggesting not "the bay with three white socks that is right next to me now" but something more along the lines of "the bay with the three white socks that is usually next to me but is no longer there now". In other words, did the AC come up with anything that isn't obvious with simple observation, or a generalized comment that could apply to many (i.e. playing the odds).

Quote Originally Posted by AliCat518 View Post
    I made it until the horse RECOMMENDED A FREAKING BOOK. Are you kidding me? Was the horse on amazon last night, searching for books that would help his owner understand him? Horses don't even know what books ARE. AC is crap--people taking advantage of others.
    Ditto friend.. I could not even last that far. Animals do not communicate in human words. What a serious crock and rip off!
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

The only "release" going on in that video was a moron releasing her wallet to a charlatan.
    Try to break down crushing defeats into smaller, more manageable failures. It’s also helpful every now and then to stop, take stock of your situation, and really beat yourself up about it.The Onion

Pffft. I figured out the tricks to that scam while a college student over 40 years ago, working on a fun little independent study project with a psych major. But we were able to convince a whole lot of otherwise intelligent, rational people.

Have often thought gee, it's popular now, one could earn a good living at it. Sadly I am too honest for my own good.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairview Horse Center View Post
    I have seen that scene before, but the A/C says, not? hmmm, maybe it was a month, year, last barn "before" "maybe the horse meant next to him outside? in the trailer, at the show stalls, or line-up? on the trail rides?, "or was it 2 socks? <hehe>
    Not exactly a firm foundation of the Art of the A/C, eh?

Folks who are inclined to consider this stuff should Google "Clever Hans." That should be enough of an inoculation for all but the truly credulous.

Or try my Test for Animal Communicator Credibility:

Place the Communicator in a position where they have “communication” with your animal but are not in “line of sight.” This can be in a separate room, behind a stall wall, or simply with their back to the animal (and no reflective surfaces in the area).

Once “communication” is confirmed hold your credit card in front of the animal so that it is clearly visible to it. Then ask the Communicator to read back to you the card number. If they can do that, pay them. If not, tell them to cop a walk.

G.