The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Canaqua View Post
    The Goode Rider denim breeches are really nice...fit well, nice fabric, comfortable. They look good enough that if you take your boots off no one will look askance at you on the street, they'll just look like skinny jeans . Don't put them in the dryer, though, they shrink.
    I love my Goode Rider denim breeches. Love them. By far the most comfortable breeches I have ever worn.

I have the Riding Sport jean breeches and I really love them. The waistband is nice and wide and comfy. They are sort of mid-rise, I wouldn't really call them low-rise. I think the price is reasonable too. So far they are holding up well - I only have one pair and I ride in them about twice a week. I've had them since this past summer.

http://www.doversaddlery.com/kerrits...at/p/PB-35743/

(I'm not sure why the link says they are Kerrits brand.)

Seconding the love for the Riding Sport breeches. I've had problems finding breeches (and jeans) that don't gap at the waist, and the RS breeches fit me well. I'm thinking of getting a second pair in the dark denim.
    Last edited by Sunnyhorse; Apr. 1, 2013 at 04:58 PM.

I dig the Riding Sport denim breeches. They're comfy, have a wider waistband and seem like they'll hold up.
    "And my good dreams? They all come with a velvet muzzle and four legs. All my good dreams are about horses."--In Colt Blood

COTH Barn Rats Clique!

FITS! I have the Laura model (full seat) but know several who have the Beka (knee patch). Super comfy and they look and fit great!

Default Another vote for Goode Riders!

I have the full seat ones and would wear them every day if I could. Can't read the tag anymore, so not sure of the original size, but like good jeans they stretch, feel good on the body, and wash like a dream. I do actually put mine in the dryer with no ill effects. Can't wait til I get a job so I can buy more....but with a full time job, I'll probably be riding less and won't need them .

One caveat: the pocket linings are very shallow, so they tend to creep up out of the pocket with little motivation. I ended up stitching the front pockets closed, which solved the problem, but now leaves me pocketless.

I just ordered a pair of Riding Sport ones from Dover, so glad to hear good reviews on those. Now if they'd just get here....
    Jonah 4:4: And the Lord said, "Do you do well to be angry?"

College football season is HERE!!!

Thumbs up Another vote for...

Horze brand Silvia full-seat denim breeches. My very favorites in fit and quality.

hands down, Goode Rider.

Just bumping up to mention I had an email earlier today that denim breeches are 15% off at Adam's. I see they have Goode Rider, mentioned by many of you, plus other brands.

Quote Originally Posted by horsepoor View Post
    Just bumping up to mention I had an email earlier today that denim breeches are 15% off at Adam's. I see they have Goode Rider, mentioned by many of you, plus other brands.
    I received that also and along with a coupon for another $12 off, I ordered a pair.

I have a pair of denim breeches by FITS that I absolutely adore, I actually just posted on a different thread about how much I love FITS Beka Kneepatch breeches. They are a mid-rise with a nice thick waistband that doesn't dig into your waist, and they are very durable.

I have the Goode Rider ones (both full-seat and knee patch), the Equine Couture, and the FITS Beka. Hands down, I prefer the FITS Beka, because they're flattering to a chunky body like mine. In fact, if I could replace all my breeches with the Beka ones, I would, but $$$$... If you like the jean feel (meaning soft, washed denim), you can't go wrong with Goode Rider. They look like regular skinny jeans, really flattering in my Dubarry knockoffs when I run around town, and they wash and wear like jeans (unlike the Bekas, which are made of some different sort of material). They are a mid-rise, and have a wide waistband, which is also flattering. I have two pairs of full-seat Goode Riders, both purchased on sale, and their original knee patch.

I hate the Equine Couture ones. They're ugly, slippery, and the waist is huge and I have to wear a belt to keep them up, and I'm pretty rectangular in shape (not a curvy, little-waisted hourglass). I rarely wear them and have been considering donating them to the local equine rescue consignment shop. Don't waste your money.
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

So, the Zen Buddhist says to the hotdog vendor, "Make me one with everything."

eventer_mi, depending on what size your EC ones are, I'd buy them from you.

Cavallo jean breeches. Very comfortable, I have the full seat ones. They fit me better than any other breeches I have had.

I just rode in my HKM "Blink" jeans today and I think I died and went to heaven. Finally a cute riding jean that is just denim enough but the perfect fabric for breeches. And LOVE the high waist in back...they even fit my curvy shape like a glove. I think I might buy a pair in every style..

The Dover Riding Sport and FITS are both super. Fits gets the edge in my book due to the sock bottoms versus the velcro on the dover.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Thumbs up Bradley Jeans by SmartPak

http://www.smartpakequine.com/bradle...x?cm_vc=Search

For me these have been great! I've owned them about a year and they've held up nicely. The color is nice and little embroidery detail on the back pocket is really cute.
    Aunt Esther for President 2012

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    The Dover Riding Sport and FITS are both super. Fits gets the edge in my book due to the sock bottoms versus the velcro on the dover.
    My Riding Sports have the sock bottom. I got 'em last summer -- either yours are older and they switched to sock bottoms or mine are older and they switched to Velcro, I guess.