The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best Denim Breeches?

I want to buy a pair of denim breeches and wanted to know what everyone thought. Quality and fit are important and I don't want the low rise ones.
    Any suggestions? Thanks.

I bought some of the Horze Silvia denim breeches when they were doing the 50% off discount codes. I really like them, especially for <$50, but not sure I'd pay full price. The fabric is one of my favorites, sturdy but stretchy, and they are not low rise (nor too high). They do run quite long and only come in one length, but I can just turn them up and it works ok. Others might not like that.

I also have some Trainer's Choice Champion denim breeches that I adore. The fabric is lighter weight, so I do worry they may not last that long, but I find them to be really comfortable and I think they were around $100 or so, probably on sale (knowing me!). They have the Euro seamed seat that is popular now. Sizing is a bit odd as they run really big, like you might go one or two sizes down from normal. Don't seem low rise to me, just medium. Great breeches.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenyatta View Post
    I want to buy a pair of denim breeches and wanted to know what everyone thought. Quality and fit are important and I don't want the low rise ones.
    Any suggestions? Thanks.
    I buy skinny jeans at Forever 21 for $10.80 and use them as riding pants. I have the low rise version but it may be worth looking for regular rise there. Not sure if they have them. I have had mine for over 4 years and they are still holding up. They are super comfy and you can switch out of boots and wear them somewhere after riding if you need to.

2 members found this post helpful.

I also bought the Horze Silvia breeches during a half-price sale. The are sort of between low-rise and mid-rise. They are also a bit long as horsepoor reported above. Other than that they are very comfortable and good-looking, and I like them.
    I heard a neigh. Oh, such a brisk and melodious neigh as that was! My very heart leaped with delight at the sound. --Nathaniel Hawthorne

I have a pair of denim breeches from Equine Couture and I really like them. I don't think they're low-rise and they're pretty comfortable. I believe that they're under $100.

I have a pair of Goode Rider demin breeches. I LOVE them! They are low rise but with a thicker waistband so no muffin top. They are a beauitful color, fabric, etc. I snagged them off a clearance rack for $70 but I would total pay retail (and I am a total sale junkie, I never pay retail )

I am impossible to fit for jeans... Seriously, I need new jeans and I have been to every large retailer in town and tried every style and nothing fits. I almost cried when I put these on and they FIT.

I wear them to work with fashion boots occasionally for casual day and everyone is always like ohhhhh prreeettyyy.

I love the Goode breeches, but was worried they were too low a rise.
    Do they fit true to size?

Another vote for the Horze breeches. I even paid full price.
    \"In all manners of opinion, our adversaries are insane.\" Mark Twain

Another vote for Horze Silvia! I've even worn mine to work (casual days) and out and gotten compliments I bought a dark grey pair for $69 during the clearance sale, but full price is a bit high on some of the colors- $100+ I think.

"Back in the day" I used to wear riding jeans (denim breeches) all the time (Millers back then). But I had a harder leather saddle. I'm afraid now of marring the seat of my soft leather saddle with the back seam of jeans. Anyone have this problem? Otherwise, I love the look of riding jeans, at least for non-summer riding.
    Last edited by ParadoxFarm; Mar. 24, 2013 at 09:09 PM.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

The seam in the back of the Horze denim breeches is not a raised seam, and there is no seam at all on the inside of the thigh, so they wouldn't be harder on a saddle than any other breeches.

The fabric is a stretchy denim, not too heavy.
    I heard a neigh. Oh, such a brisk and melodious neigh as that was! My very heart leaped with delight at the sound. --Nathaniel Hawthorne

City of delusion in the state of total denial

I also wear cheap skinny jeans to ride in.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

Thanks, Dewey! I may have to check these out.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

Pikeur has great denim breeches- I have 2 pairs & live in them!

I can't be the only one who wants to try those horrible "pajama jeans" am I?? I think they would work!!
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

These are the softest most comfortable jean breeches. Depending on you body type they come up to my belly button. The Animos are pricey but look for sales. The hold up very well too.

http://www.theridersshoppe.com.au/in...product_id=340
    Train like you have never won and show like you have never lost!!!

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ParadoxFarm View Post
    "Back in the day" I used to wear riding jeans all the time (Millers back then). But I had a harder leather saddle. I'm afraid now of marring the seat of my soft leather saddle with the back seam of jeans. Anyone have this problem? Otherwise, I love the look of riding jeans, at least for non-summer riding.
    I totally agree, jeans ruin the leather on the seat of the saddle. I don't let people ride in my saddle in jeans.

The Goode Rider denim breeches are really nice...fit well, nice fabric, comfortable. They look good enough that if you take your boots off no one will look askance at you on the street, they'll just look like skinny jeans . Don't put them in the dryer, though, they shrink.

Quote Originally Posted by ParadoxFarm View Post
    "Back in the day" I used to wear riding jeans all the time (Millers back then). But I had a harder leather saddle. I'm afraid now of marring the seat of my soft leather saddle with the back seam of jeans. Anyone have this problem? Otherwise, I love the look of riding jeans, at least for non-summer riding.
    The demin breeches all have flat seams and a soft fabric. I don't want to ride in regular jeans, the seams chafe and it's rough on the saddle.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJenners View Post
    I can't be the only one who wants to try those horrible "pajama jeans" am I?? I think they would work!!
    They are horrible. I looked at a pair and they look like sweat pants.