The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Cool Hanoverian sire - Elektron by Einblick

Can anyone tell me about him? Or where to find information about him and pictures?

He is the grand sire of my new mare - and I no nothing about him.

A stallion called Elektron is not listed as licensed son of Einblick in the german databases.
    I am not responsible for spelling misstacks - just my PC
    www.hannoveranerzuechter.de
    Filly Londontime - Sandro Hit - Rouletto
    http://youtu.be/1O23BeiKpkY

IIRC, there were two Elektron's in the US in the middle '80's. The Hanoverian Elektron by Einblick stood at stud at a farm in Rancho Mirage, CA. I saw him there: a big handsome liver chestnut, with lots of caliber and presence. He was a big mover and a fairly good jumper (scopey, don't remember technique). I also recall that he was well mannered. Nice stallion, kind of got lost after a divorce sale.
    Judy
    Sylvan Farm~Breeding for Performance
    Ramzes SF, approved GOV and Belgian http://sylvanfarm.com
    (former)Chair, USSHBA Positive ID Working Group; USSHBA Steering Committe member

1 members found this post helpful.

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

One of the Elektron's was Swedish. The German one was probably never licensed in Germany before he was imported. His dam was Waldrun by Winnetou.

Have you checked with the AHS? He seems to have had at least one daughter who is described as Hanoverian.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

I have an OLD (1991) Chronicle stallion issue with this stallion's ad. He stood then in Missoula, MT - Elektron x Einblick - St. Pr. Waldrun x Winnetou. Approved for breeding by hannoverscher Warmblutzucher e.V., the American Hanoverian Society, the Oldenburg Verband, the ISR and the KWPN (ASA). The farm where he stood was Premiere Farms. The ad states that "Due to a heavy show season planned for 1992, his book will be limited" - his photo was of him jumping. The ad also states he showed to PSG. One of those registries should have more information. Good luck!
    PennyG

3 members found this post helpful.

His dam was Waldrun by Winnetou.
    That is the one. It says that he was Hanoverian on her papers. Can I email AHS with questions like this?

The mare is currently registered in the main mare book of the Oldenburg registry, but I hoped to get her approved for Hanoverian this fall (since I will be using Hanoverian sires and the inspections are hosted locally). Although her sire was KWPN (Inspekteur/Calypso/Uniform).

Thank goodness that the owner of the stallions I will be using is helping me understand the registry/approval/membership process - otherwise I would be lost. :-)

Thanks TKR!!! I will email those registries. I would love to find a picture of him.

Very strange - if approved by German Han and Old Verband he should be in the database of our FN. I will check later for the dam (but that is a common name...) Any idea of further pedigree after Winnetou ?

Southern California - on a freeway someplace

The woman who owned him in Rancho Mirage (Sharon something...Keating maybe?) had him in the Palos Verdes, CA area (Portuguese Bend Riding Club) at one point and perhaps had some connection to the area so there were a lot of his get around the area at one point. At some point after the divorce he ended up with David Wilson (now at W Farms in Chino Hills, but then at Cinema Farms in either Hacienda Heights or Riverside) who eventually sold him to Montana. I don't remember if David used him for breeding.

None of the get that I knew (about 4) had the complete package of athleticism, soundness, brain, and looks. Elektron himself was, as someone else described, a powerful mover with much presence. Given that he grabbed a friend by the back of her shirt while she was hosing him off and picked her up off the ground, I don't know if I'd describe him as good minded. Perhaps he was having a bad day.

To the OP - what is the rest of your horse's pedigree? One of the horses I knew was a mare so there is a possibility there and maybe David did breed him at some point. Given that you're in Canada, I suppose it's likelier that your horse was produced once the stallion was in Montana.

alexandra - I don't think there is a c in the name--maybe that's why you can't find him? I recall that he was Hanoverian. David was involved with the Old group (or one of them) at one point so he could have gotten him approved with them. Here's a pedigree: http://www.sporthorse-data.com/d?i=10894322. The one offspring listed with that pedigree is out of a mare that I'm pretty sure David had. Nice mare from what I remember.
    Last edited by Peggy; Mar. 25, 2013 at 04:36 AM.
    The Evil Chem Prof

Thanks - found the mare in the database, but nothing about a son and nothing about a licensed son.
    Rather strange, but could also be an error.
    The breeder has had fullsisters to Waldrun and used them in breeding, but I can find nothing that is interesting enough to mention in the damline.

Ysabel, if you would PM your mailing address to me, I will send you the page for Elektron in the '91 COTH Stallion Issue. There are a couple of photos.
    PennyG

To the OP - what is the rest of your horse's pedigree?
    Here it is: http://www.sporthorse-data.com/db.ph...ime=1364265171

Default Resurrected....

While researching the pedigree of one of my horses I found this thread. Elektron was the damsire of my first Hanoverian; the mare who eventually produced 2 daughters for me (one by Rubino Bellisimo & one by Weltmeyer) who are the foundation of my program.

I have an ad for Elektron while he was standing at Rancho Manana in CA.

He was foaled in Germany in 1978 (#315212178), about 17hh, a liver chestnut w/a blaze & 4 whites.

Not sure when he was imported to America.

As noted, he was by Einblick o/o SPS Waldrun (Winnetou/Ferdinand). Per the ad, "Elektron has the distinction of being the #1 2 yr old stallion chosen from a field of 103 at the 1980 licensing at Verden, Germany."

I only saw pics of his daughter, the dam of my mare, but she had some of the worst hind leg conformation I've ever seen (luckily Batido seemed to fix that in my mare, because she was ok in that dept.)

By a interesting coincidence, I met the people who boarded this stallion near the end of his career, who flat out HATED him...said he was stupid & mean & generally a PITA (probably not what the OP wanted to hear...).

Here is a fine example of a licensing champ. with a very solid pedigree (best to best) turning out to be a total bust as a stallion...I guess that's why he ended up here.

I'd be curious to know what he produced in Germany before coming to the States.

PS I tried to PM alexandra regarding him, but her mail box is full! So if she sees this, can you give any info?

315212178 Well I checked with this number, but I still can not find anything.
    I can not find a horse with that number, nor a licensed son of Einblick.
    But I will ask a friend who has much more insight and who has done a lot of pedigree research in the past.