The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Utah dressage instructor with schoolies?

I am looking for recommendations for a dressage instructor in Utah with school horses. I am not a complete beginner, but I have been out of the saddle for nearly two years now so I am definitely rusty. Something in the Salt Lake valley would be great, but Park City/ Heber would be OK too.

I have been to the Utah dressage society and eventing websites- I am just hoping to get a few good referrals.

I would also be open to an eventing instructor. I used to do h/j and I kinda miss the fences.

Thanks!

I'd highly recommend Lani Taylor, and she's in Bluffdale (at Keystone). I love working with her for jumping lessons, and her dressage is solid as well. I know she also speaks very highly of Ingrid George, who I want to say is in Heber. Both Lani and Ingrid are eventers. David MacMillan is INCREDIBLE. He doesn't have schoolies, but he does do lessons at Keystone, and Keystone has lease horses that could be an option. I can't say enough good about David. My riding has grown in leaps and bounds working with him.

I've heard good things about Lynnleigh, and they do have schoolies.

The trainer list they have posted is a bit out of date, I know some of the trainers have switched barns.