The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Punxsutawney Phil 'indicted'

Authorities in the state of Ohio have issued an indictment against Punxsutawney Phil, the groundhog famed for predicting spring's arrival, after he got it wrong this year.

:LOL:

"Punxsutawney Phil did purposely, and with prior calculation and design, cause the people to believe that spring would come early," wrote Mike Gmoser, Butler County prosecutor, in an official-looking paper.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-21901544

I guess it depends on where you are. It's been spring here well over a month. All of the trees are blooming and gorgeous and everyone is in shorts and t-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Beentheredonethat View Post
    I guess it depends on where you are. It's been spring here well over a month. All of the trees are blooming and gorgeous and everyone is in shorts and t-shirts.
    Where are you? We still have 40 degree highs with cold mean winds. Winter WILL NOT LEAVE. GO AWAY WINTER.

I'm in Indiana and we have 12 inches of snow coming tommorow.

It is a beautiful day down here in FL (Ocala area) It has been cold/rainy but now it is nice
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

1 members found this post helpful.

I say hang the varmint!!! Spring, Summer, and Fall have ALL been cancelled in Oklahoma due to bad weather!! 84 10 days ago...snow, COLD, and wind tonight!! Ugh!!!
    www.crosscreeksporthorses.com
    Breeders of Painted Thoroughbreds and Uniquely Painted Irish Sport Horses in Northeast Oklahoma

2 members found this post helpful.

Shoot the varmint!!! Hell, shoot all three - the varmint called Phil, Wiarton Willie and Balzac Billy.

It's STILL snowing here, and I had to call in someone with a 50HP tractor and a monster snowblower to tackle the lane. Three days stuck inside because of the storm......going to make an assault on the door and see if I am really stuck, Enough of this crap, already. It's past due for melting and I am afraid it's going to warm up too fast if the cold hangs on any longer; a fast warm-up would be a disaster at least the size of the one in '11
    Founder of the Dyslexic Clique. Dyslexics of the world - UNTIE!!

Member: Incredible Invisbles

Quote Originally Posted by clanter View Post
    Authorities in the state of Ohio have issued an indictment against Punxsutawney Phil, the groundhog famed for predicting spring's arrival, after he got it wrong this year.

:LOL:

"Punxsutawney Phil did purposely, and with prior calculation and design, cause the people to believe that spring would come early," wrote Mike Gmoser, Butler County prosecutor, in an official-looking paper.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-21901544

Local press is quoting Phil's lawyers as saying their client does not know his rear from a hole in the ground and they are considering a plea of Ignorant.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

yes winter returned to Fort Worth, back down into the low 50s ... but it does help the winter grasses to grow

That rodent is the worst kind of liar.
    What's Horsie in the Twin Tiers? Find out here:
    http://thetwintiershorse.blogspot.com/

Former user name: GilbertsCreeksideAcres

1 members found this post helpful.

And his unindited co conspiritor Paspatansy Pete
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

In the words of Donald Trump: "You're Fired !!!!"

I'm in CA. We had a lot of rain before December, which is unusual, but pretty much warm and sunny for the most part since then. We're headed for a nasty drought if we don't get some serious rain, though.

People and animals around here are sneezing like crazy. So much is blooming it's hard not to have some kind of allergy.

Well, I have to say, our state groundhog, Chuckles, got it right. No early spring here. Then again, Chuckles is a girl, so maybe it's a gender thing, I don't know. She was hurt in an accident so she resides in the window of a children's library. The sun comes up and gently shines into her large cage in the library window and thus her 'prediction' is made. Her fans gather around quietly with coffee and donuts, and that's about as much hoopla as she gets.

I'm feeling kinda sorry for poor Phil. Getting hauled out of his burrow into spotlights by men dressed up in ridiculous costumes, with crowds yelling and screaming, well it's no wonder his prediction got all goofed up. The poor guy needs to come up to CT, where prognosticators are treated with kindness and respect. Heck, Miss Chuckles' predecessor, Mr. Chuckles, prognosticated for 6 years before we all found out he was blind. Eh, he missed once or twice, but overall he did okay.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/...2011%20Photos/

Quote Originally Posted by Chief2 View Post
    Mr. Chuckles, prognosticated for 6 years before we all found out he was blind. Eh, he missed once or twice, but overall he did okay.
    heck that dude could have gotten a job at any of the TV stations here since they must be blind also; it could be raining 5 inches an hour and they are saying be sure ot put your sun screen on before stepping out doors

Quote Originally Posted by enjoytheride View Post
    I'm in Indiana and we have 12 inches of snow coming tommorow.
    I'm really, really hoping they're right and up here (border area) we are only going to get the dusting/2" they claim--the southern counties are supposed to get slammed tonight. That rotten woodchuck lies.

BREAKING NEWS: Punxutawney Phil exposed as one of Al Gore's Global Warmist acolytes.

Film at eleven.
    “There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”
    John Adams

Throw the book at him!!
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

what no one sees here is the stress from all the media attention probably drove him to spend his time imbibing instead of hibernating. I bet the poor guy was on uppers downers and all arounders. When he came out of his hole he probably was detoxing and just out of whack. The poor celebrity will probably be seen next in the "A Night In Punxsutawney" film. As we all know he may be indicted right now but just like OJ he will get off lightly, will not go to rehab as is needed and will eventually just crash and burn like most drug addled celebs. Poor Phil, we all need to support him and hope he gets rehab! That is my reasoning as to why he gave us a false reading. I bet if they drug tested they would find everything in his blood stream!