The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default The Rolling Stones and Kitten Season

Just a PSA from Mic Jagger's weird lips to your ears, "You can't always get what you wa-hant.... but if you try some times, you get what you need."

This relates to adopting kittens vs. cats, and regular cats vs. killahs or behemoth slackers.

Do you get what you want in a cat? Or do you get what you need?
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

My first thought when I saw this thread was "because baby kittehs gather no moss?" LOL.

IDK - a little of both maybe? I would have said that you get what you need, but I had to rehome one a few years ago I got as a baby kitteh because he NEEDED to go outside, and where I live indoor/ outdoor kittys get turned into cat pancakes.

But the two I have now are what I need. Especially the orange guy. He's like Chubby Hugs from Get Fuzzy LOL. He was always a nice cat, but now that the bigger personalities in my house have crossed the bridge (my Rottie, CollieX and my Coon cat) we hang out 24/7. He LOOOVES me and I suppose its mutual And I taught him to do "hi five" which is cool.

I posted this PSA because during Kitten Season at shelters, I see great adult cats-- usually with resumes and integrity (What You See Is What You Get)--get passed by for kittens.

A kitten is an unknown quantity AND has to be raised up like a kid or a puppy (but easier), AND will go through a nuts stage.

Just a plug for honesty and introspection on the owner's part. I should know what I want in a cat before I go get one.
    Last edited by mvp; Mar. 24, 2013 at 03:10 PM.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

My youngest, Bubba, was a year old on 12/12/12 and he is STILL in a "nuts stage." And has convinced my 6 year old Lucy Goosie to join him.
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

you get what you want but you don't always get what you need I cannot go to a shelter to adopt, because personally I would be like a kid in a toy store. I have always said the perfect kitty will come to me. Normally they show up in droves known as a feral cat colony

Quote Originally Posted by oliverreed View Post
    My youngest, Bubba, was a year old on 12/12/12 and he is STILL in a "nuts stage." And has convinced my 6 year old Lucy Goosie to join him.
    Ah, the cautionary tale.

I didn't think of the kitten causing a mutiny.....that adds to my point in a new way.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat