The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Trainer needed

Hello, I am moving to Mt Pleasant Michigan-yeah I am coming home--and need to find an "A" level trainer for Equitation/hunter
    jumping. I was in So California doing the adult "A" medals and finals. Honestly I just love horses and want to continue that relationship with horses and continue to improve my riding skills.
    So if anyone knows of any trainers in that general area or within about an hours drive--I am all ears. Thanks again for all your help!
    Deb

I would suggest you change your thread title to something like "Trainer needed in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan area" or something to better target people who know something about that area.
    It's just grass and water till it hits the ground.

1 members found this post helpful.

Former Long Islander now in the middle of the Great Lakes

Default Barns near Mt Pleasant Michigan

As Far as I know there are NO trainers or Hunter Jumper Barns in that area I am in the Grand Rapids area and Mt Pleasant is aprox an 1 & 1/4 hours. The closest Hunter / Jumper Barn would be in Dewitt aprox 60 miles south of Mt Pleasant , but a pretty direct route. It is called Fox Brush Farms, VERY nice people excellent care of the horses, but I don't believe they do any A shows . From there you can head another 35 to 45 minutes South, East or West and find Fieldstone Farms in Jackson , Windsong Farms in Battle Creek, Rivendell Farms in Lowell, Kentree in Grand Rapids and Meadowview in Ada . All do A Shows . There are some barns on the other side of Flint in Oxford Like Win -A -Gin but that may be closer to Two hours they have several trainers and host A shows themselves There is Woodbine in Chelsea , again about Two hours from you and they too host A shows . I think I covered them all within a 2 hour drive. If you would likre to know specifics please feel free to PM me.