The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default TB Pedigrees

I really enjoy the TB pedigree threads, which inspired me to look up pedigrees for some of the thoroughbreds that I have sat on over the last forty years or so, where I actually know their Jockey Club names....

My first horse...

Elegant Idol, by Sol Invictus out of Hypnotic Idol.

A few more OTTB that I rode thirty-some years ago:

Bold Gloria, by Bold Legend out of Dancy Nancy. She was the dam of a horse who was very successful jumper in this neck of the woods named Mary the Money by New Alibhai

Dance Alone, by Restless Native out of Green Hat

Little Myron, by Nashua Blue out of Miss M and M

Beacon Charm, by Windsor Charm out of Yonder Beacon.

Bar None Doll, by Elmer L. Brown out of Dynamite Miss

Fast forward to the 21st century and my current project:

Four Score nTwenty, by Robyn Dancer out of Carletty

I had a fabulous mare with Stage Door Johnny and Nijinski as granddads. Another wonderful horse I had was supposedly by a stallion called Kalad(????). I never got my geldings papers, but someone that recognized him from the track and remembered that tidbit.

Anyone know what that stallions name might be, I'm sure I slaughtered the spelling.
    "All top hat and no canter". *Graureiter*

Gestalt, how long ago are you talking about? The first stallion that comes to mind is "Khaled" (rhymes with "salad"). He sired 61 stake winners, with 2 Kentucky Derby winners (one of which was Swaps)...
    Last edited by CharingHounds; Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:04 PM. Reason: more info

I used to train horses for a big OTTB rehab and I will always love the OTTB above others.

When I got married - we went to vegas and I bet on all the horses closest related to Mr Prospector and I won 9 of 11 bets - it would be legendary if I had bet more than 2$ a race. I just did that because I had trained a lot of Mr P sons and grandsons.

But I will say that every single SEATTLE SLEW descendant that was fairly close descendant - was a GREAT sporthorse type TB. Like a great mover - animated and a jumper - brave.

Bottomline though - a lot of TBs have heart and athleticism that surpasses their conformation and size.

Quote Originally Posted by CharingHounds View Post
    Gestalt, how long ago are you talking about? The first stallion that comes to mind is "Khaled" (rhymes with "salad"). He sired 61 stake winners, with 2 Kentucky Derby winners (one of which was Swaps)...
    You are brilliant!!! Yes, they said his name and it rhymed with salad. So the stallion that was my horses sire would have the word "Khaled" in the name and would have been born in the late sixties or seventies.
    "All top hat and no canter". *Graureiter*