The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

...because how can you not smile when you're greeted by this at the barn each day?
    Proud member of the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

Former owner of the best Amish-carthorse-turned-eventer ever

4 members found this post helpful.

I never have to guess what he thinks of my riding - no one is quicker to point out my weaknesses, like 'What was that?? That move? Bullsh*t, that's what. You think Uthopia gets ridden that way? You think Tinne does this? Carl? I don't think so. Ride me like a proper lady or get off. Jesus Christ.' But he rewards me with fantastic things when I ride well. He also hates salsa music, which I think is a reasonable way to feel.
    Last edited by inne; Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:13 AM.

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunset Ponies View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/mary.laing3 It should be the first thing on my page and I made it public so everyone can see how clever Fella is
    Fella is sure is a smart and persistent guy!

My gelding rocks...because, despite past abusive riding (from someone else), he was willing to trust again and is teaching me everything he knows. He tells me when it's wrong and rewards me when it's right. And he's a very steady fellow who allowed me to regain my confidence at the canter.

My mare rocks...because she's nearly bombproof on our favorite trails. She allows both of us to relax and enjoy a mellow weekend ride.

...he managed to become a nice horse with teenager me doing all the training in the saddle! And now he gets to be move up horse for a talented pony rider.

...he makes my heart smile, and I'd rather hang out with him than most humans.
    Last edited by pony baloney; Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:21 PM.

4 members found this post helpful.

...she gives me her best effort every day and really tries even when she's tired or unsure.
    If i smell like peppermint, I gave my horse treats.
    If I smell like shampoo, I gave my horse a bath.
    If I smell like manure, I tripped.

My horses rock because thy are the best therapists in the world.

\"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"

3 members found this post helpful.

...because when it really, REALLY counts, he does the right thing. [But the rest of the time, he sure does enjoy screwing around with you.]

2 members found this post helpful.

... she will do the jumpers with me, and still get an 8 in the 5 stride with her short stirrup lease kid

1 members found this post helpful.

'cause she (X2) puts up with me and my "riding" - when I get it right, they do it right. When I get it wrong - heck, they make an effort to do it right regardless - a degree of interpretation required tho' . Told on Sat by my trainer "well, she gave you that one didnt she!?!?!"
    Still Working_on_it - one day I will get it!

Back to Normal.. or as close as I'll ever get

The Big Guy:
    Because after 3 months of no riding, he put up with a 2h session with the saddle-fitter. Tried on 5 different saddles - including one that could not be girthed, so I had to get on while it just sat on his back - even walked a bit with that one.
    *Good*BOY*

The Pony:
    Because despite the genetic challenge of Hackney-brain, in our 3yrs together he has become quite the obedient & well-mannered little guy.
    And I can look him straight in the eye
    *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
    Steppin' Out 1988-2004
    Hey Vern! 1982-2009
    Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009

My horse rocks because she literally does not spook at ANYTHING and I can ride anywhere I want without worrying about what might happen. She also will come in the house.
    "If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple payments..."

...because he passed his final test being exposed to a huge variety of medical devices and is ready to meet the veterans at the local VA hospital on Tuesday (Phoenix, AQHA gelding).

...because she trusts me on her blind side completely now. She used to be so nervous and hard to catch (Libby, rescued Morgan mare).

...because the little squirt follows me around now and enjoys scratches on his shoulder, chest and neck (Gus, the feral Shetland).

...because I can trust her with our son (Maggie, the lovely little Shetland).

...because he always makes me laugh (Donkeyotee, the large standard donkey).

2 members found this post helpful.

My gelding (https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...55524005_n.jpg) rocks because he can: Drink from a water bottle, unzip sweatshirts, pants you in both jeans and breeches, pull a shirt up over your head, throw a jolly ball over the stall wall accurately enough to bounce it off your head, tip your water bottle so it soaks you, and take a halter off another horse.

My mare (https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...67456519_n.jpg) rocks because she comes out every single ride ready and willing to give 100%. If you give her 120%, she gives you 120% right back.

My horse rocks because he developed a nasty dirty stopper habit with his last owner, literally stopped on everybody, but since I've started with him he's saved my butt so many times, and not stopped once <3

He's a less than 2 years OTTB who is often the quiestest and easiest horse in the barn
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

...because in good times and bad, she always makes me laugh!

1 members found this post helpful.

he is a quirky, goofy lovebug who is almost always up to something semi-naughty and riding him is like riding a rocket ship you can guide with your mind (I know I'm quoting some other Pas owner on that last part but it's true!).
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!