The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default At risk Free CL pony Hamburg PA

Not my pony. I board my horse so I can't help this pony. However I can enable by trailering her. I am willing to drive a few hours each way. I likely can find a place to stash her briefly if somebody needs a week or so to make arrangements. We are too close to New Holland for comfort. ****If you call about the pony please be polite, or at least not rude. I know he sounds like an a$$ but berating him until he takes down the post won't help get pony safe.

http://reading.craigslist.org/grd/3694894041.html

Free Pony (Hamburg)

Calm OLD pony. Nothing seems to bother her. Come and get her. No Return Policy or guarantees. Need the room and i dont want to spend the money to ship her to auction. once she is yours, you can do as you please with her. I dont care if you take her right to the auction! She is good with my kids, but i need the space. email phone number please.
    Last edited by SonnysMom; Mar. 23, 2013 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Adding the "Be Polite" sentence
    Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community. (Tidy Rabbit)

Bump for the poor old girl

Quote Originally Posted by Stushica View Post
    Bump for the poor old girl
    Another bump. I can help with a dribble for gas $ if someone can take her. Even if she needs to be loved for a bit then peacefully PTS. Anything to keep her from the "other" option.
    "Those who know the least often know it the loudest."

1 members found this post helpful.

Saw this ad on the same craigslist:

http://reading.craigslist.org/grd/3700092867.html

Maybe someone in the area can get the two of them together?

Yes someone please put the wheels in motion. I'm on a cell phone so limited in what I can do.
    "Those who know the least often know it the loudest."

I emailed and received no response.

I posted on the other thread that I can offer a safe layover and be a driving buddy, as I'm close to the location. But I can't do anything permanent.

1 members found this post helpful.

CharingHounds has also emailed the pony owner but has not gotten a reply. She will let me know if she hears anything.
    Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community. (Tidy Rabbit)

I'm good for a dribble. Wish, wish, wish I could take her in but, alas, cannot. The ad has been removed. How old is she? How does she look?

Happy to say she's gone beyond a soft landing-she's set for life :-D found out through a FB friend. Here is the link they were using to fundraise-might have a way to get in touch with the rescuer. wish all scary Craigslist stories had such a happy ending!
    Real Horses. Real Riders. Real Results! www.wvhorsetrainer.com

2 members found this post helpful.

Default That's great news!

Quote Originally Posted by thathorse View Post
    Happy to say she's gone beyond a soft landing-she's set for life :-D found out through a FB friend. Here is the link they were using to fundraise-might have a way to get in touch with the rescuer. wish all scary Craigslist stories had such a happy ending!
    Thank you so much for letting us know of CL pony's good fortune! I didn't see the link but trust all is wonderful for her.