The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 64 of 64
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jun. 14, 2010
    Posts
    170

    Default

    I don't know why people think that you have to have been a BO to not be "that boarder". I've never owned or managed a barn. And it never stopped me from being damn grateful for the services I got. I've managed to leave barns without burning bridges, because maybe the fit wasn't right for either of us any more. Does that make me superhuman? No, maybe it just means I'm slightly reasonable. I didn't know reasonable people were in such short supply!


    6 members found this post helpful.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2001
    Location
    Out for Lent
    Posts
    34,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeFigs View Post
    Really, mvp? Sorry, but some unreasonable clients NEED to be laughed at!

    Great post OP, and happy to year you and the baby survived & thrived!

    sure beats strangling them and hiding them in the manure pile....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.
    GNU Terry Prachett


    3 members found this post helpful.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Nov. 13, 2010
    Posts
    2,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    sure beats strangling them and hiding them in the manure pile....
    I've been so close to doing that...



  4. #64
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2001
    Location
    Out for Lent
    Posts
    34,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    I don't know why people think that you have to have been a BO to not be "that boarder". I've never owned or managed a barn. And it never stopped me from being damn grateful for the services I got. I've managed to leave barns without burning bridges, because maybe the fit wasn't right for either of us any more. Does that make me superhuman? No, maybe it just means I'm slightly reasonable. I didn't know reasonable people were in such short supply!
    lol, well, most people are reasonable.

    but 'that boarder' would probably have a rude awakening once he/she realizes what is really involved in horse keeping. And soon the blanket change (from same weight to same weight) becomes unimportant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.
    GNU Terry Prachett


    1 members found this post helpful.

Similar Threads

  1. TB Bloodlines apology
    By vineyridge in forum Sport Horse Breeding
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: Aug. 7, 2013, 12:25 PM
  2. Public apology to Theo <g>
    By canyonoak in forum Dressage
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Mar. 10, 2009, 06:31 AM
  3. Apology
    By Cathy in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 419
    Last Post: Jan. 26, 2007, 10:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
randomness