The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 64
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec. 13, 2004
    Location
    NE Pa
    Posts
    280

    Wink A Public Apology to 2 Former Boarders...

    In light of all the past threads regarding barn owners, boarders, complaints, what you expect from a barn, etc. I would like to take this opportunity to issue a public apology to two past boarders that felt one was owed to them.

    To B.B. - I'm sorry that I got upset with you when asking you to remove your horse from the front paddock. I didn't realize that your trainer had told you to "watch him in his natural environment." However, I don't think she meant for you to remove your herdbound horse from his friends and put him in the paddock that is not within sight of the other horses. Watching him run around like a lunatic, screaming for the other horses may not be what she had in mind. Don't worry that Mr. BET had just raked, rolled, reseeded and watered the paddock. He wanted to do it a 2nd time, just for fun. And the "PADDOCK CLOSED" sign hung on the gate clearly was not intended for you.

    To L.S. - About that missed blanket change, I apoligize from the bottom of my heart that Poopsie had to wear her mid weight turnout rather than her mid weight stable blanket for one night. I had planned on doing it after my doctor's appointment, but I didn't think I'd be sent directly to the hospital. Seems that my OB was concerned about my high blood pressure due to pre-eclampsia. I begged him to let me go home and change blankets but he really was the one who insisted on an emergency c-section 3 weeks before my due date. And in answer to your 5 cell phone messages about why the blanket wasn't changed and why the f*** was my cell turned off, I blame my doctor again. No cell phones in the OR and recovery. My 70 year old mother really did the best she could bringing horses in for the night and feeding until Mr. BET and the barn help could arrive the next morning.

    In my 18 years of being a barn owner I know that there are more apologizes due. Be on the lookout for them - you just may recognize yourself!!
    On the 8th day God created the Quarter Horse. On the 9th day, he Painted the good ones.


    63 members found this post helpful.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2001
    Location
    Packing my bags
    Posts
    31,341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun. 20, 2009
    Location
    Hunterdon County NJ
    Posts
    2,996

    Default

    You know, I once met a small animal vet who got her dream farmette and brought her horses home. She was used to keeping them at a fairly fancy 'A' show barn. By the end of the first year, her horses were unclipped, unblanketed, surviving on 'cold' water in the winter, etc. She was pretty impressed by how all the 'do or die' details of horse care she agonized over as a boarder, went out the window when she was doing all the work herself....


    44 members found this post helpful.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct. 12, 2005
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    3,064

    Default

    LOL!


    1 members found this post helpful.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep. 2, 2005
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    11,960

    Default

    Like!



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan. 28, 2013
    Location
    Southeastern US
    Posts
    1,441

    Default

    Outstanding!


    1 members found this post helpful.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct. 18, 2000
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Excellent, OP!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

    http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/...2011%20Photos/



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec. 29, 2007
    Posts
    961

    Default

    "Those who know the least often know it the loudest."



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct. 26, 2010
    Location
    Orygun
    Posts
    2,890

    Default

    Poopsie....*snork*...
    GR24's Musing #19 - Save the tatas!!


    1 members found this post helpful.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun. 30, 2011
    Posts
    1,188

    Default

    I apologize for laughing when a past boarder from years ago came to my door crying about her horse's frog falling off and that it must be because of bad management.


    8 members found this post helpful.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug. 22, 2012
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Eyed Tovero View Post
    In light of all the past threads regarding barn owners, boarders, complaints, what you expect from a barn, etc. I would like to take this opportunity to issue a public apology to two past boarders that felt one was owed to them.

    To B.B. - I'm sorry that I got upset with you when asking you to remove your horse from the front paddock. I didn't realize that your trainer had told you to "watch him in his natural environment." However, I don't think she meant for you to remove your herdbound horse from his friends and put him in the paddock that is not within sight of the other horses. Watching him run around like a lunatic, screaming for the other horses may not be what she had in mind. Don't worry that Mr. BET had just raked, rolled, reseeded and watered the paddock. He wanted to do it a 2nd time, just for fun. And the "PADDOCK CLOSED" sign hung on the gate clearly was not intended for you.

    To L.S. - About that missed blanket change, I apoligize from the bottom of my heart that Poopsie had to wear her mid weight turnout rather than her mid weight stable blanket for one night. I had planned on doing it after my doctor's appointment, but I didn't think I'd be sent directly to the hospital. Seems that my OB was concerned about my high blood pressure due to pre-eclampsia. I begged him to let me go home and change blankets but he really was the one who insisted on an emergency c-section 3 weeks before my due date. And in answer to your 5 cell phone messages about why the blanket wasn't changed and why the f*** was my cell turned off, I blame my doctor again. No cell phones in the OR and recovery. My 70 year old mother really did the best she could bringing horses in for the night and feeding until Mr. BET and the barn help could arrive the next morning.

    In my 18 years of being a barn owner I know that there are more apologizes due. Be on the lookout for them - you just may recognize yourself!!
    How are you and the baby? Oh my, don't know whether to laugh or not...


    1 members found this post helpful.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul. 31, 2007
    Posts
    15,135

    Default

    Unprofessional.

    I imagine you posted this in response to the "PSA"/complaint about some other barn. That was certainly stupid on the HOs part. But then again, she never claimed to be a professional HO.

    You are claiming to be a pro BO. You are held to a higher standard.

    Vent away, but you have to do that where the public and clients can't see you.... just like every other professional.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat


    21 members found this post helpful.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep. 2, 2005
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    11,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mvp View Post
    Unprofessional.

    I imagine you posted this in response to the "PSA"/complaint about some other barn. That was certainly stupid on the HOs part. But then again, she never claimed to be a professional HO.

    You are claiming to be a pro BO. You are held to a higher standard.

    Vent away, but you have to do that where the public and clients can't see you.... just like every other professional.
    I think it was posted to simply be funny.....

    Try laughing...it is fun. Far more fun than going from thread to thread telling everyone else how they are wrong.


    67 members found this post helpful.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May. 10, 2001
    Location
    NW Washington
    Posts
    1,080

    Default

    I really try soooo hard not to be that boarder! Also the reason I could never run a barn - I'd go to jail for homicide. Probably pre-meditated.


    14 members found this post helpful.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec. 13, 2004
    Location
    NE Pa
    Posts
    280

    Default

    Never fear, my post was an exaggerated attempt at humor. If that is lost on some, sorry. It's been a very long slow afternoon in the office today.

    psb, the baby and I were fine. No exaggeration about the pre-eclampsia. He is now 4 years old and i have since had another, with a problem free pregnancy. Thanks for asking. You certainly have my permission to laugh!
    On the 8th day God created the Quarter Horse. On the 9th day, he Painted the good ones.


    22 members found this post helpful.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun. 16, 2001
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    3,383

    Smile

    Excellent post!!!
    The Denver Broncos went to visit an orphanage. "It's so sad looking into their faces so devoid of hope." Sara aged 6



  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct. 9, 2007
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    1,045

    Default

    Oh good gracious.....humor is now a civil crime. You just might "hurt" someone's feeling.

    OP - that was funny! Thanks
    Last edited by skykingismybaby1; Mar. 22, 2013 at 03:49 PM. Reason: I forgot


    18 members found this post helpful.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov. 13, 2010
    Posts
    2,220

    Default

    Awesome post OP.



  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul. 31, 2007
    Posts
    15,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trubandloki View Post
    I think it was posted to simply be funny.....

    Try laughing...it is fun. Far more fun than going from thread to thread telling everyone else how they are wrong.
    IMO, laughing at the expense of customers isn't a sustainable strategy.

    There's plenty of funny things around the world, even COTH to laugh at. I can find 'em. Not to worry.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat


    7 members found this post helpful.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2001
    Location
    Packing my bags
    Posts
    31,341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mvp View Post
    IMO, laughing at the expense of customers isn't a sustainable strategy.

    There's plenty of funny things around the world, even COTH to laugh at. I can find 'em. Not to worry.
    Oh, I am sorry...but some people need to be laughed at....the other solution would be SSS....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.


    7 members found this post helpful.

Similar Threads

  1. TB Bloodlines apology
    By vineyridge in forum Sport Horse Breeding
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: Aug. 7, 2013, 12:25 PM
  2. Public apology to Theo <g>
    By canyonoak in forum Dressage
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Mar. 10, 2009, 06:31 AM
  3. Apology
    By Cathy in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 419
    Last Post: Jan. 26, 2007, 10:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •