The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Wink A Public Apology to 2 Former Boarders...

In light of all the past threads regarding barn owners, boarders, complaints, what you expect from a barn, etc. I would like to take this opportunity to issue a public apology to two past boarders that felt one was owed to them.

To B.B. - I'm sorry that I got upset with you when asking you to remove your horse from the front paddock. I didn't realize that your trainer had told you to "watch him in his natural environment." However, I don't think she meant for you to remove your herdbound horse from his friends and put him in the paddock that is not within sight of the other horses. Watching him run around like a lunatic, screaming for the other horses may not be what she had in mind. Don't worry that Mr. BET had just raked, rolled, reseeded and watered the paddock. He wanted to do it a 2nd time, just for fun. And the "PADDOCK CLOSED" sign hung on the gate clearly was not intended for you.

To L.S. - About that missed blanket change, I apoligize from the bottom of my heart that Poopsie had to wear her mid weight turnout rather than her mid weight stable blanket for one night. I had planned on doing it after my doctor's appointment, but I didn't think I'd be sent directly to the hospital. Seems that my OB was concerned about my high blood pressure due to pre-eclampsia. I begged him to let me go home and change blankets but he really was the one who insisted on an emergency c-section 3 weeks before my due date. And in answer to your 5 cell phone messages about why the blanket wasn't changed and why the f*** was my cell turned off, I blame my doctor again. No cell phones in the OR and recovery. My 70 year old mother really did the best she could bringing horses in for the night and feeding until Mr. BET and the barn help could arrive the next morning.

In my 18 years of being a barn owner I know that there are more apologizes due. Be on the lookout for them - you just may recognize yourself!!
    On the 8th day God created the Quarter Horse. On the 9th day, he Painted the good ones.

63 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

You know, I once met a small animal vet who got her dream farmette and brought her horses home. She was used to keeping them at a fairly fancy 'A' show barn. By the end of the first year, her horses were unclipped, unblanketed, surviving on 'cold' water in the winter, etc. She was pretty impressed by how all the 'do or die' details of horse care she agonized over as a boarder, went out the window when she was doing all the work herself....

44 members found this post helpful.

LOL!

1 members found this post helpful.

Like!

Outstanding!

Excellent, OP!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/...2011%20Photos/

"Those who know the least often know it the loudest."

Poopsie....*snork*...
    GR24's Musing #19 - Save the tatas!!

I apologize for laughing when a past boarder from years ago came to my door crying about her horse's frog falling off and that it must be because of bad management.

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Eyed Tovero View Post
    In light of all the past threads regarding barn owners, boarders, complaints, what you expect from a barn, etc. I would like to take this opportunity to issue a public apology to two past boarders that felt one was owed to them.

To B.B. - I'm sorry that I got upset with you when asking you to remove your horse from the front paddock. I didn't realize that your trainer had told you to "watch him in his natural environment." However, I don't think she meant for you to remove your herdbound horse from his friends and put him in the paddock that is not within sight of the other horses. Watching him run around like a lunatic, screaming for the other horses may not be what she had in mind. Don't worry that Mr. BET had just raked, rolled, reseeded and watered the paddock. He wanted to do it a 2nd time, just for fun. And the "PADDOCK CLOSED" sign hung on the gate clearly was not intended for you.

To L.S. - About that missed blanket change, I apoligize from the bottom of my heart that Poopsie had to wear her mid weight turnout rather than her mid weight stable blanket for one night. I had planned on doing it after my doctor's appointment, but I didn't think I'd be sent directly to the hospital. Seems that my OB was concerned about my high blood pressure due to pre-eclampsia. I begged him to let me go home and change blankets but he really was the one who insisted on an emergency c-section 3 weeks before my due date. And in answer to your 5 cell phone messages about why the blanket wasn't changed and why the f*** was my cell turned off, I blame my doctor again. No cell phones in the OR and recovery. My 70 year old mother really did the best she could bringing horses in for the night and feeding until Mr. BET and the barn help could arrive the next morning.

In my 18 years of being a barn owner I know that there are more apologizes due. Be on the lookout for them - you just may recognize yourself!!
    How are you and the baby? Oh my, don't know whether to laugh or not...

Unprofessional.

I imagine you posted this in response to the "PSA"/complaint about some other barn. That was certainly stupid on the HOs part. But then again, she never claimed to be a professional HO.

You are claiming to be a pro BO. You are held to a higher standard.

Vent away, but you have to do that where the public and clients can't see you.... just like every other professional.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

21 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp View Post
    Unprofessional.

I imagine you posted this in response to the "PSA"/complaint about some other barn. That was certainly stupid on the HOs part. But then again, she never claimed to be a professional HO.

You are claiming to be a pro BO. You are held to a higher standard.

Vent away, but you have to do that where the public and clients can't see you.... just like every other professional.
    I think it was posted to simply be funny.....

Try laughing...it is fun. Far more fun than going from thread to thread telling everyone else how they are wrong.

67 members found this post helpful.

I really try soooo hard not to be that boarder! Also the reason I could never run a barn - I'd go to jail for homicide. Probably pre-meditated.

14 members found this post helpful.

Never fear, my post was an exaggerated attempt at humor. If that is lost on some, sorry. It's been a very long slow afternoon in the office today.

psb, the baby and I were fine. No exaggeration about the pre-eclampsia. He is now 4 years old and i have since had another, with a problem free pregnancy. Thanks for asking. You certainly have my permission to laugh!
    On the 8th day God created the Quarter Horse. On the 9th day, he Painted the good ones.

22 members found this post helpful.

Smile

Excellent post!!!
    The Denver Broncos went to visit an orphanage. "It's so sad looking into their faces so devoid of hope." Sara aged 6

Oh good gracious.....humor is now a civil crime. You just might "hurt" someone's feeling.

OP - that was funny! Thanks
    Last edited by skykingismybaby1; Mar. 22, 2013 at 03:49 PM. Reason: I forgot

18 members found this post helpful.

Awesome post OP.

Quote Originally Posted by trubandloki View Post
    I think it was posted to simply be funny.....

Try laughing...it is fun. Far more fun than going from thread to thread telling everyone else how they are wrong.
    IMO, laughing at the expense of customers isn't a sustainable strategy.

There's plenty of funny things around the world, even COTH to laugh at. I can find 'em. Not to worry.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp View Post
    IMO, laughing at the expense of customers isn't a sustainable strategy.

There's plenty of funny things around the world, even COTH to laugh at. I can find 'em. Not to worry.
    Oh, I am sorry...but some people need to be laughed at....the other solution would be SSS....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

7 members found this post helpful.