The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Thinking of offering my horse to a Jr for NAJYRC-Update- No rider yet!

I'm a big supporter of the advanced jr/yr program (I am a member of the national committee) and have been thinking that it could be a win win to offer a good junior that for what ever reason (horse injuried, sold, ect) won't have the opportunity to potentially qualify for NAJYRC this year. Problem is, I don't personally know a region 6 kid that fits the bill (I'm not sending my horse away, rider would spend June and July here.) We are days away from the deadline to declare for this year, but I thought I would see if anyone knew of a special rider in the NW that "needed a break." The horse is fairly simple to ride, but has a BIG trot to sit, so the rider must already be capable of sitting a spring loaded trot (no time for that learning curve )

I'm not asking for any cash, so I'm hoping this isn't breaking any advertising rules.
    Last edited by flyracing; Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:29 PM.

1 members found this post helpful.

Sounds like a great opportunity for someone out that way! I would have loved that kind of break as a kid!

I'd email Lendon and see if she knows of a kid that applied to one of her programs that didn't have a suitable horse. graydressage@me.com

Jeremy Steinberg's both the USEF national YR coach AND a Region 6 resident. He'd be your best bet.

Default Prospective rider

Please email me Liana@EquestrianInsider.com. I have a candidate. Thanks!

I just want to say (even though I am on the opposite side of the country) that this is a very generous and helpful thing to do. My own daughter's horse got diagnosed with a deadly disease and has to be put down, and so few angels came along, and so I vowed that if I am ever laid up, my nice dressage horse gets offered to a sane, responsible JY/YR in need. You are an angel to do this and I hope the right rider comes your way.

2 members found this post helpful.

Wow, I wish I were close to you (yay Canada). That would be an amazing opportunity! Hope you find someone suitable.

Good idea, when you're out, to do this to keep your horse in shape and competing. Good luck and keep us updated about what you can put together for your horse!
    Trainer's website - photos of my horse Airborne under About and Francesca Edwards also in media page 1

http://www.patricianorciadressage.com/

No leads from me but I think that is such a generous offer.

The word is getting out, I just saw a link to this on Facebook via Dressage Today.

Quote Originally Posted by Dune View Post
    The word is getting out, I just saw a link to this on Facebook via Dressage Today.
    They actually tweeted it last week, as well.
    *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=
    Dressage becomes art when it is a joy for the horse. -KBH

Mighty Thoroughbred Clique Now on Facebook ... ... show the loff

Just an update! I haven't heard from any potential junior riders yet! Additional horses can be added to a declared riders application until June 1st, so maybe he'll be useful for a rider whose horse comes up lame between now and then.

Just to clarify, the rider doesn't have to be from region 6, but the horse needs to stay with me, so that means probably doing all three qualifiers in OR/WA in June (there is a local qualifier may 18-19). The rider would therefore need to be willing to stay in Boise between shows. I know of two dressage families that have offered a room if a rider comes to stay.

The rider would be responsible for showing expenses and an insurance policy, but I will continue paying his normal expenses. He's going to be in training for April and May to prepare him for summer showing.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GztreHo6kXw

Here is a short video of Rio lunging (all I can do with him right now and he goes into training the first of the month to keep him fit).
    Last edited by flyracing; Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:48 PM.

1 members found this post helpful.

What a stunning horse and an amazing opportunity!

People like you renew my faith in the sport.
    "There are times when you can trust a horse, times when you can't, and times when you have to."

What a generous offer. Luckily I have a sound horse. But this is a great opportunity for that someone who does not.