The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

BIG jingles from me and my 5 cats for Puddin kitteh!! (SSS comes to mind re: those dogs . . . .)
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

1 members found this post helpful.

SSS is a great idea

reminds me of the Dixie Chicks song.."and it turns out Earl was a missing person who nobody missed at all"

Any updates on Pudding. I'm still jingling for her. I love cats (I have 6 of them) and hate it when bad things happen to them.

I am scheduled to bring Pudding home today, when I can get away from the back2back2back meetings. It takes about 1 hour for the round trip and any conversation with the vet.
    I had promised a LD visit to my Mom in an assisted care facility this weekend so we decided it best Pudding stay at the vet office. As of Saturday they were really happy with her improvement, what goes in-comes out and she appeared more alert. We also agreed it was best for her to stay in the confined space for a few extra days to allow her ribs, and we know the subsequent bruising, to heal, before I put her in the outside office. There she will have more room to move about, so we will have to watch her very carefully.
    Extra good news is it appears no drains will be needed for any of the puncture wounds.

Thanks all for your jingles and kind words. I didn't see the dogs before I left and DH kept a lookout for them also. Just keeping a steady head count on remaining barn-kitties and gave my gelding the go-ahead to dispatch any canine that entered his paddock.
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

3 members found this post helpful.

Thanks for the happy update!!!
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

I'm so glad to read the good news! I love a happy ending!

I'm so happy this story is having a happy ending!
    Mystic Owl Sporthorses
    www.mysticowlsporthorses.com

Glad to hear Pudding is recovering well.
    Jingles that it continues to be completely boring and uneventful.

Glad to hear the good news about Pudding. Keep us updated as you can.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

First 24 hours home. She is a little sore from getting up and down from a tall chair yesterday. I moved the chair so is no longer there to tempt her.
    She is eating and drinking well, but has a way to go before she is allowed outside full time and even longer to be fully healed. This really bone-chilling cold doesn't help. I am thinking of putting the heating pad under her sleep pallet since she felt a little cold earlier. Will see if the heater is keeping the room warm enough, I bumped up the temp, or if she needs a little extra warmth.

Heading out now for night check of horses and to feed "Fancy Feast crack" to all the kitties. The vet said it was ok for her have her portion of FF.

No sign of the dogs since that day. Both vets said to keep a watch as they often return.

Again Many Thanks to all for your jingles and good wishes for Pudding cat.
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

1 members found this post helpful.

Glad to hear she's home-I came home to find my Suzie cat scared to death clinging to a window sill b/c a neighbor dog was in the driveway. I hated to see how scared she was though she was safe on her perch. Made me think of Pudding.

Quote Originally Posted by cowboymom View Post
    Glad to hear she's home-I came home to find my Suzie cat scared to death clinging to a window sill b/c a neighbor dog was in the driveway. I hated to see how scared she was though she was safe on her perch. Made me think of Pudding.
    Oh my! Glad she had safe spot. People are really annoying. I hate to think we may have to dispatch what are probably some nice dogs because someone else didn't take care of them. Am mad at the dogs for attacking my cat,even more angry with the humans who didn't control/maintain their dogs.
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

Yes-our neighbor dog is a little dog but he likes to chase the cats. I have a Great Pyrenees but he doesn't have free access to the entire neighborhood and the little dog knows it. A couple days ago Able got loose and he ran straight for the Little Dog two blocks away with DH right behind him-he said Little Dog barely made it in the front door before Able grabbed him. So even though he can't be there at all times The Galoot is watching and keeping score!
    Last edited by cowboymom; Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:13 PM.

I hope she gets well soon. I can't stand loose dogs.
    You are what you dare.