The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast

Sannois, clearly, you don't read for comprehension. The FOIA letter may indicate that 24 horses were tested by usda, but that does not have anything to do with the test performed by the slaughterhouses! Gosh, did everyone drop out of school in 3rd grade?

Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post
    Not a cop out at all. It is the SAME one Jets Mom etc use all the time.

I have already volunteered to make things better at a slaughter plant. WHAT have you done..other than post...

Saved any horses..I have....worked for free to make a difference...I have...If you have..you need to say who what where when and why...
    Really? We are supposed to take your word for it?
    I have never sent any of my horses to Slaughter. Humanely ended their life when the time came. Oh Wait, I forgot I am not qualified, I do not own a horse anymore.
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

Quote Originally Posted by 7arabians View Post
    Sannois, clearly, you don't read for comprehension. The FOIA letter may indicate that 24 horses were tested by usda, but that does not have anything to do with the test performed by the slaughterhouses! Gosh, did everyone drop out of school in 3rd grade?
    Honey.
    You are NOT helping.

Be - if at all possible - less disagreeable, since polite is out of the question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

NOPE..YOU are the ones calling Bluey and others a LIAR.

You do the search or we will just stand by the posting that YOU can not prove anything... to substantiate your position
    You two can go ahead and stand together on this issue, that does not make it any more true. I suspect that Alagirl will also join you in your threesome stand for the sake of solidarity. Otherwise, the general consensus seems to be that no one else is buying that load of BS.
    Annabelle Mayr, Arcadia Farm
    Home of Fitz, Max, Daeo & Austria
    Now over the Rainbow Bridge: Finn, Jake & Seamus

1 members found this post helpful.

So all our rara friends are in a tizzy because if you eat 500-600 horse meat burgers per day, you still wouldn't register bute or its by-products in a human! However; if you drank 500-600 glasses of water per day, you would die after just several glasses. So let's ban water!

Gee--2004?

Of course they are not going to conduct every test known to man kind...for PBZ it would be random.

Gosh..4H kids know that..do you even own animals?
    Nice deflecting there Fairfax.
    This still goes back to Bluey saying the slaughter house she reported knowing someone who worked there tested every animal.
    You gave the answer in your post! All testing is random, That is why we knew that not every horse according to her was tested.
    But she insisted that she KNEW they were at the Dallas plant.
    And could not back it up other than a friend told her.
    or him, I have no idea if it is a man or woman.
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sannois View Post
    I have never sent any of my horses to Slaughter. Humanely ended their life when the time came. Oh Wait, I forgot I am not qualified, I do not own a horse anymore.
    Oh, that is what this all is, you want a halo also, so you can brag on internet forums.
    Welcome to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    Honey.
    You are NOT helping.

Be - if at all possible - less disagreeable, since polite is out of the question.
    It's the moon I tell you!! LOL
    Hey, I'm a non horse owner, I have no right to an opinion.
    Or to question anything. So on that note, Nighty Night all!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Oh, that is what this all is, you want a halo also, so you can brag on internet forums.
    Welcome to the club.
    What?? Whatever Bluey. Mature of you, Whoever you are.
    Brag? Not hardly, Just stating facts. I have owned 6 horses in my lifetime, And never sold them. or sent them to slaughter. Just worked out that way.
    Nice dig though. I have nothing to hide at all, Do you?

ha ha, Sannois reminds me of that SNL character who just has to have the last word!

What?? Whatever Bluey. Mature of you, Whoever you are.
    Brag? Not hardly, Just stating facts. I have owned 6 horses in my lifetime, And never sold them. or sent them to slaughter. Just worked out that way.
    Nice dig though. I have nothing to hide at all, Do you?
    You see, that comes from assuming as you have been doing.
    I have owned and trained and cared for way, way more horses than most people, comes with the territory when you are in the horse business and you know what, we also have never sent a horse to slaughter, just happen to work that way also.

Growing up in Europe, working on this or that riding center, some horses were taken to slaughter for several reasons and it was a very sad but an honor to be the one designated to groom and give them treats and take them there and see them off, just as we may do here when one is euthanize by a vet.

I don't think we should ban slaughter for many already stated reasons, it is very foolish to do so and that is my strongly held opinion, if you do or don't find yourself in a situation to use any horse that one last time.

The same reasons we should not ban any other out there that someone may do wrong or abuse, like alcohol or other that is legal for a good reason.

Now you go on and sleep on all that has been said and see which leg you get out of bed tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    LOL, I think a link would be better to an official site....she can type out a lot of things as the day goes on.....
    Link found, originally published by 'Food and Chemical Toxicology':

http://www.equinewelfarealliance.org...logy_FINAL.pdf
    Annabelle Mayr, Arcadia Farm
    Home of Fitz, Max, Daeo & Austria
    Now over the Rainbow Bridge: Finn, Jake & Seamus

Quote Originally Posted by ADM7040 View Post
    Link found, originally published by 'Food and Chemical Toxicology':

http://www.equinewelfarealliance.org...logy_FINAL.pdf

yes, much better....

much.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Please provide post showing I stated that.

I owe you an apology...it wasn't you who said they wouldn't video inside SH for outsiders to see because of proprietary info, it was bluey, Here-

But, but, that is what they have now.
    All slaughter plants that provide meat for most bigger companies at least, per their contract.
    Yes, independent companies handle the monitoring, just as there is one handling my security cameras from town.
    Not everyone has access to those and should not.
    The ones in charge and their in house management, from both, the plant and the ones they sell to, have access to those videos.
    It is understandably that, in todays world, not everyone out there does, other than carefully vetted ones.
    Not because they hide anything, but because of so many reasons like security and proprietary methods, etc.

On the other hand, if anyone is up to no good to lie about any abuses, the video cameras will also catch that.
    So yes, animal rights extremists are a bit miffed about that.

You are deliberately being obtuse.
    You want to portray this rosy idea that slaughter is actually good for the horse when I would imagine the horse or the pig or the cow would beg to disagree with that.
    It's an industry plain and simple.
    I want control what I eat. I want to know what's in my food. If it's supposed to be hamburger the neither horsemeat, pork,lamb or chicken should be in it.
    You don't seem to care what you put in your mouth. You want some salt with that???
    If that makes me RARA then RARA REE Kick em in the knee jeez man.
    Have a damn glass of wine with that.

Someone doesn't need their horse/horses...they can't afford them...so they sell them...at an auction or to a buyer. NOT all horses sold to KB's end up on the table. There have been many posts stating otherwise. If you have ever sold a horse...YOU also are guilty of making money...whether or not you lost money...you still took some in. YOU are part of the solution. AND problem

You want to control who a person can sell to..their reason for selling etc. WOW..

THAT is the A R agenda pure and simple

The standard mode of opperation by Jetsmom and her little group is to call those they disagree with LIARS...then when we defend ourselves...find our proof..they disappear for a thread or so and them re-hit. NEVER do they say..okay..thanks

Since we are not under Napoleonic Law...guilty until proven innocent...I suggest Bluey to NOT defend herself. It is up to YOU, who don't believe her to find proof she is wrong.

If she is proven wrong I bet she will quickly acknowledge..unlike so many here

Wow, delusional much. There is no "little group" just people who disagree with horse slaughter and we are the majority.

You aren't qualified. I accept that

Too much proof with rescue, involvement AGAINST HSUS and its affiliates and volunteering Wednesdays at the Fort.

What you think, since you admit you aren't qualified..means nothing..

You aren't qualified. I accept that

Too much proof with rescue, involvement AGAINST HSUS and its affiliates and volunteering Wednesdays at the Fort.

What you think, since you admit you aren't qualified..means nothing..
    And you as a breeder stand to gain from horse slaughter, so what you think also, "means nothing".

Thanks all excellent job, she used to be on your side.

Quote Originally Posted by 7arabians View Post
    ha ha, Sannois reminds me of that SNL character who just has to have the last word!

Quote Originally Posted by JGHIRETIRE View Post
    You are deliberately being obtuse.
    You want to portray this rosy idea that slaughter is actually good for the horse when I would imagine the horse or the pig or the cow would beg to disagree with that.
    It's an industry plain and simple.
    I want control what I eat. I want to know what's in my food. If it's supposed to be hamburger the neither horsemeat, pork,lamb or chicken should be in it.
    You don't seem to care what you put in your mouth. You want some salt with that???
    If that makes me RARA then RARA REE Kick em in the knee jeez man.
    Have a damn glass of wine with that.
    I do NOT think it is good for the horse...that is why I became involved with rescue for the ASB and became critical of the rescues under the umbrella of HSUS and also HSUS. They are after the money...looking aftrer horses is a necessary evil..they do not care how many people and horses they destroy in their rampage.

I have stated all along that slaugher is ONLY ONE PIECE of the Puzzle

Bluey is actually more in tune with reality..it is not just meat..IF the horse must be slaughtered then why not USE all of the products including its meat...rather than just dump it in a landfill.

We have continued to say..make the changes...get the facilities as stress free as possible and some have been it working..and working well. NOTHING is 100% and that is the demand of the Rara's. They demand impossible knowing that they can not meet that bar themselves..

A lot can be done with transportation and violators should be removed from ANY livestock transportation. That would cut very very deep into the industry and violators. Fine the shipping company. Not the auction nor the slaughter plant.
    Fire employees who are abusive. Tape and review all of the tapes. Train your employees. i think many things are going to operate to the better in the states as the owners KNOW they are under the microscope. I don't object to that.

Volunteer to be an oversee'er. No...it isn't pleasant..but it does make a difference.

As for a majority..NOPE..many don't like it..but they do not see an alternative and some pretty great people have tried to find a solution to no avail.

No ban needs to be put in place. Regulations and follow thru do..