The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 LastLast

In response to a letter under the Freedom of Information (FOIA)
    act, the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) indicated
    that during an ‘‘exploratory project” they found two of twenty-four
    horse carcasses tested (8.3%) that were violative for PBZ in 2004–

The USDA also stated that they determined PBZ levels in
    equine fat samples in 2002 and 2003 and none was detected.

Horse carcasses were not among those animal carcasses tested for PBZ
    during the year of 2006, the year that horses were under Federal
    Inspection by the Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS), the USDA’s
    Public Health Regulatory Agency.

This agency works with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and FDA ‘‘to control veterinary drug, pesticide, and environmental contaminant residues in
    meat, poultry, and egg products.

The FDA has set no safe residue limits of PBZ in animal carcasses. If PBZ is found
    to be present in food animal tissue, it is considered a violation.
    Given that musculoskeletal injuries are frequent in horses and are treated commonly with PBZ to ameliorate the pain associated with these injuries, it is unclear why none of the horse carcasses were tested for PBZ in 2006.

Moreover, it is unclear why FSIS would analyze fat to determine PBZ levels because the volume of distribution indicates that almost the entire drug stays in the bloodstream.
    In fact, the FSIS directive requires that PBZ levels be determined in
    kidney. Kidney is the organ that exhibits the highest levels of PBZ.

\"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by 7arabians View Post
    Also, please realize that all these references to awful abuses and videos brought up lauraky and her clan of raras is fallacy. The ar folks sent their own people in to work on the lines and commit the abuses in front of their buddies' cameras! They were rewarded with money and high-ranking positions within hsus, peta, etc. The slaughterhouses fired all of them, but of course, there was never any media coverage of the fact that it was the raras who were actually committing the abuses.
    Whoa, Your comments are so off the topic of what we were discussing, I can't imagine what you are drinking.
    And for that matter, I would be careful about the accusations you are making.
    I would not lump people into a catagory you have no proof of.
    And what proof do you have of your accusations?
    Lets see the documentation on that whopper.
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post
    And as usual Jetsmom, who has NEVER been to a slaughter plant is still quoting 6 plus year old information.

Her statements could be compared to blaming President Obama for Richard Nisxon's Watergate.

Bottom line...the anti crowd are in trouble. Chicken Little syndrome...

They do NOT want slaughter to reopen because in the past 6 years there have vbeen so many changes to equipment, attitudes, staff training, etc that the industry will function with. Of course there are going to be exceptions., Same as McDonalds..when they fired the employee who told the old lady who was complaining about her 3rd rpelacement burger to go to Burger King

So...prove Bluey wrong. Provide evidence she is NOT accurate...find a verifiable source that states ALL slaughter plants did not check all the horses.
    There is a very simple reason why Jetsmom is quoting 6 plus year old information; because that is when the Dallas Crowne plant was still in operation. You know, the one Bluey was claiming that she "knew" they tested every single horse because someone told her so.

We do not need to prove Bluey wrong by finding a "verifiable source that states All slaughter plants did not check all the horses" because that is not what Bluey claimed. She just falsely claimed the Dallas Crowne plant.

Hope that helps!
    Annabelle Mayr, Arcadia Farm
    Home of Fitz, Max, Daeo & Austria
    Now over the Rainbow Bridge: Finn, Jake & Seamus

Very good info lovemytbs. TFS
    from sunridge1:Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.it is going to be good until the last drop!Eleneswell, the open trail begged to be used. D Taylor

I call BS - we have slaughter because someone in Europe, Asia or wherever wants to eat a horse. It is not about doing anything "nice" for the horse, oh and there's lots of money in it for someone. Not sure why we don't process dogs and cats either because someone somewhere eats them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Eboshi View Post
    It's like arguing with a cactus.
    For ONE reason. So many post that those who slaughter are lazy. They are criiminals. It is THEIR fault they got in trouble and over produced.

Then they ATTACK individuals who send their horses to LEGAL AUCTIONS because they MIGHT be purchased by a kill buyer.

They also post it is CHEAP to euthanize and no one has an excuse NOT to do that.

Slaughter is only ONE piece of the puzzle.

Feel free to replace it with a workable solution that can work within 24 hours and solve the issue and save 100,000 horses.

You can't. If you could..there would be no such thing as slaughter.

AR activists don't care about solutions. They care about donations and limiting anyone regarding livestock ownership.

If EVERY industry that had a problem was forced to quit and all of their competitors were also forced to quit..there would not be a COTH...or anything else.

Why not go to Roswell N.M. and ask all of those who will have jobs how they feel about you taking them away...I know...how about if you give them a hug...get back on your bus and tell them you are sure everything will work out.....won't happen because you don't care.

You don't care that equine slaughter can be done humanely, transportation laws can be enforced and people can have respectable employment.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytbs View Post
    The proof was already out there as jetsmom stated. We are not going to search for it, you can.
    We have already seen it and yes it was a few years ago.

On the other hand, why don't YOU provide proof that they did test every horse.
    And bluey saying it does not make it so.
    On the contrary.
    NOPE..YOU are the ones calling Bluey and others a LIAR.

You do the search or we will just stand by the posting that YOU can not prove anything... to substantiate your position

Politicians don't actually know anything before they pass laws. They rely on information they have been told. So..here is your opportunity...find proof that no slaughter plant for horses in the U.S. tested every horse before slaughter
    Why should we, Bluey brought it up, We asked you first.
    And besides your a canadian right? What do you know about the US slaughter houses. I am still waiting to hear your credentials.
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

Don't think I will hold my breath on that one.

The standard mode of opperation by Jetsmom and her little group is to call those they disagree with LIARS...then when we defend ourselves...find our proof..they disappear for a thread or so and them re-hit. NEVER do they say..okay..thanks

Since we are not under Napoleonic Law...guilty until proven innocent...I suggest Bluey to NOT defend herself. It is up to YOU, who don't believe her to find proof she is wrong.

If she is proven wrong I bet she will quickly acknowledge..unlike so many here

2 members found this post helpful.

You do the search or we will just stand by the posting that YOU can not prove anything... to substantiate your position
    Nice Cop out, Your just as big a phoney as Bluey.
    Nice twisting things around. You cannot substantiate your position either.
    So Mexican Stand Off!

Quote Originally Posted by JGHIRETIRE View Post
    I call BS - we have slaughter because someone in Europe, Asia or wherever wants to eat a horse. It is not about doing anything "nice" for the horse, oh and there's lots of money in it for someone. Not sure why we don't process dogs and cats either because someone somewhere eats them too.
    Someone doesn't need their horse/horses...they can't afford them...so they sell them...at an auction or to a buyer. NOT all horses sold to KB's end up on the table. There have been many posts stating otherwise. If you have ever sold a horse...YOU also are guilty of making money...whether or not you lost money...you still took some in. YOU are part of the solution. AND problem

You want to control who a person can sell to..their reason for selling etc. WOW..

THAT is the A R agenda pure and simple

Quote Originally Posted by Sannois View Post
    So Mexican Stand Off!
    Not a cop out at all. It is the SAME one Jets Mom etc use all the time.

I have already volunteered to make things better at a slaughter plant. WHAT have you done..other than post...

Saved any horses..I have....worked for free to make a difference...I have...If you have..you need to say who what where when and why...

So Mexican Stand Off!
    Sorry, doll.
    But if you call somebody out and accuse them of being untruthful it is you who has to bring the proof.

I missed something between going to bed late and waking up this morning...
    Did I fall on my head or you?

Somehow you sounded nicer yesterday and the day before....and you didn't call people liars (btw, name calling unless you prove it)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Watch it, they are going to gang-team on you now.

I don't have to prove anything, already said what I know, that is from several credible sources, over several years, one the one taking and running the samples.
    Anyone is free to believe it or not.
    Moot question, the plants have been closed many years now.
    Any new plant opening will have way new protocols, to fit whatever is requested of them today.

It is full moon, some just get a bit agitated when we have those.

Whoa, Your comments are so off the topic of what we were discussing, I can't imagine what you are drinking.
    And for that matter, I would be careful about the accusations you are making.
    I would not lump people into a catagory you have no proof of.
    And what proof do you have of your accusations?
    Lets see the documentation on that whopper.
    Prove 7 wrong

PETA did that on a regular basis. And they STILL do it. Ask law officers.

Wow, Angela and Laura are having a fit when in fact, one would have to eat 500 to 600 burgers of 100% horse meat per day just to register the faintest reading in a human! As we have been saying, the rara's are now diminished to using hysterics (which have clearly been proven unfounded) as proof of their points!
    Last edited by 7arabians; Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:26 PM. Reason: added per day

Quote Originally Posted by 7arabians View Post
    Also, please realize that all these references to awful abuses and videos brought up lauraky and her clan of raras is fallacy. The ar folks sent their own people in to work on the lines and commit the abuses in front of their buddies' cameras! They were rewarded with money and high-ranking positions within hsus, peta, etc. The slaughterhouses fired all of them, but of course, there was never any media coverage of the fact that it was the raras who were actually committing the abuses.
    Riiiiggghht....Good thing you ferreted this information out. Please provide us with more breaking news as soon as the voices in your head start again.
    Annabelle Mayr, Arcadia Farm
    Home of Fitz, Max, Daeo & Austria
    Now over the Rainbow Bridge: Finn, Jake & Seamus

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Watch it, they are going to gang-team on you now.

I don't have to prove anything, already said what I know, that is from several credible sources, over several years, one the one taking and running the samples.
    Anyone is free to believe it or not.
    Moot question, the plants have been closed many years now, any new plant opening will have way new protocols, to fit whatever is requested of them today.

It is full moon, some just get a bit agitated when we have those.
    I enjoy the Kumbaya singing and group hugs...they all pat each other on the back and high five...

BUT

they have no solutions...only quotes 10 years old

They REFUSE to volunteer to make a difference because they do not ever spend their own money...that is for "others" to do.

Their solution is..like the environmentalists..keep the "common people" out of the parks and wild areas. Only TRAINED environmentalists should be able to view wild animals..not the unwashed tax payer.

Same with horses. They have no problem with having ONE..but for breeders such as myself they want to tax me out of existence.

The AR come on here and "rile their groupies" and voila..

Ever notice how they sound like those anti carriage horse "girls" from New York...

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytbs View Post
    In response to a letter under the Freedom of Information (FOIA)
    act, the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) indicated
    that during an ‘‘exploratory project” they found two of twenty-four
    horse carcasses tested (8.3%) that were violative for PBZ in 2004–

The USDA also stated that they determined PBZ levels in
    equine fat samples in 2002 and 2003 and none was detected.

Horse carcasses were not among those animal carcasses tested for PBZ
    during the year of 2006, the year that horses were under Federal
    Inspection by the Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS), the USDA’s
    Public Health Regulatory Agency.

This agency works with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and FDA ‘‘to control veterinary drug, pesticide, and environmental contaminant residues in
    meat, poultry, and egg products.

The FDA has set no safe residue limits of PBZ in animal carcasses. If PBZ is found
    to be present in food animal tissue, it is considered a violation.
    Given that musculoskeletal injuries are frequent in horses and are treated commonly with PBZ to ameliorate the pain associated with these injuries, it is unclear why none of the horse carcasses were tested for PBZ in 2006.

Moreover, it is unclear why FSIS would analyze fat to determine PBZ levels because the volume of distribution indicates that almost the entire drug stays in the bloodstream.
    In fact, the FSIS directive requires that PBZ levels be determined in
    kidney. Kidney is the organ that exhibits the highest levels of PBZ.
    Nuff said. Bluey?? ~ Crickets~
    24 carcasses huh, a bit less than ALL. There you go Fairfax.

Gee--2004?

Of course they are not going to conduct every test known to man kind...for PBZ it would be random.

Gosh..4H kids know that..do you even own animals?

LOL, I think a link would be better to an official site....she can type out a lot of things as the day goes on.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.