The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

As someone mentioned, 38 pages about a pony who died 14 months ago!!! For what? Is everyone unaware that almost every video being alluded to were secretly recorded by ra ra's? BUT did you not also realize that the 'abusers' in those clandestine videos were also ra ra's? Peta, hsus, alf, mfa, etc, infiltrated plants with undercover 'workers' and then infiltrated plants with undercover videotapers. I don't believe there has ever been a confirmed case where videos showed any actual employees abusing animals. The ra ra's count on us to be so emotionally enflamed by the mere video that we don't even think about whether it is 'real.' Now, we can clearly see the posters on this very site who are demanding that ra ra's be allowed to enter the plants and handle the taping! They are screaming about the ag-gag laws! They don't even realize that they are exposing themselves as the 'sleeper' ra ra's that they are! Look around. Many thought that little pony just died last week! Did anyone ever determine whether the shooter was actually a member of alf? Look at the peta/aspca folks who drove from kill shelter to kill shelter in vans, collecting dogs/cats from deathrow. When they were finally pulled over for a routine traffic stop, it was revealed that they were strangling the animals in the van and then throwing the bodies in landfills. Wake up people! No more chicken/egg farms in Californian and soon there will be no cattle farms in California. The ra ra's are making headway all over the U.S. and are paying some posters on this board to post their pablum!

2 members found this post helpful.

for the love of Pete, throw in some paragraphs and use the shift key now and then...my eyes are bleeding!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    for the love of Pete, throw in some paragraphs and use the shift key now and then...my eyes are bleeding!
    Thank you!
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

1 members found this post helpful.

And now horsemeat in Chicken nuggets in Greece... and not just a trace...

In an update on its website, published on Friday (22 March), EFET said frozen chicken nuggets made by a Greek company and supplied to a local catering company had tested positive for between 10% and 25% horse DNA. The nuggets were sold in 3kg cardboard boxes and had a best-before date of 7 January 2014.

http://www.thegrocer.co.uk/topics/fo...237827.article

Quote Originally Posted by Dispatcher View Post
    It doesn't make sense because there are no animal rights extremists on this board. Only pro-slaughter and anti-slaughter. No RaRa's exist here. It's really simple to confrim that. People on this board own horses, ride horses, use horses. RaRa's do none of those things.
    Sorry but youi are wrong. HSUS have repeatedly stated they are FOR horse ownership as so many of their employees own and actively ride horses.

Then they try and bring in laws that are foolish and impossible for any horse owner to live with. I.E. New Hampshire...Water available 24.7..

To a horse owner..that would mean keep your horse hydrated and if you are going on a long trail ride make sure there is water at some point.

WRONG...the "lawyer" for them, at her little educational talk said 24/7 means exactly that. Horses must have water available ALL of the time. Guess one would have to take a truck into the back country with a water tank.

Ingrid always wanted individuals with PETA to have animals so she could do a show and tell..with WE "LOVE PETS..just not when anyone else owns them.

Individuals such as Angela who will NOT state they are not nor never have been a member or donated to HSUS obviously supports them including their lies regarding the circus...paid the "liar they hired" $147,000 to lie on stand...and up coming suits from another seizure where the lawyers were given evidence (accidently) that instructed the rescue agencies to falsify the pictures. Those rescues have NOT come out and called me a liar because they know --there is proof.

So HSUS and other groups do lie..they do send posters to threads and forums and their biggest lie...

We are all Vegans within HSUS H.O. BUT we dont expect others to follow our lead.

Brocholi anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Freda View Post
    And now horsemeat in Chicken nuggets in Greece... and not just a trace...

In an update on its website, published on Friday (22 March), EFET said frozen chicken nuggets made by a Greek company and supplied to a local catering company had tested positive for between 10% and 25% horse DNA. The nuggets were sold in 3kg cardboard boxes and had a best-before date of 7 January 2014.

http://www.thegrocer.co.uk/topics/fo...237827.article
    Again..you are missing the point

It has NOTHING to do with the slaughter in North America

When the meat is shipped it is not mixed with any other type of meat as the slaughter plants for equines ONLY kill equines and the odd exotic i.e. ostrich

If someone decides to mix in beef, lamb, pork...that would be at the point of packaging and obviously that is done in Europe

The mislable that occured in Mexico was not that there was another type of meat in the box. It was the wrong CUT listed. Wrong label but correct product type.

So..how many died due to consumption of Greek chicken nuggets with horse?

Ah, mystery meat. In fact, we used to call bologna "Monkey Meat" when I was growing up. Yeah, you can get that too, in New York, and it may be carrying Ebola. Be careful whom you sit next to on the subway!

"Food beyond compare
    Food beyond belief
    Mix it in a mincer
    And pretend it's beef.

Kidney of a horse
    Liver of a cat
    Filling up the sausages with
    This-and-that . . . "

Les Mis had it right!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Eboshi View Post
    Ah, mystery meat. In fact, we used to call bologna "Monkey Meat" when I was growing up. Yeah, you can get that too, in New York, and it may be carrying Ebola. Be careful whom you sit next to on the subway!

"Food beyond compare
    Food beyond belief
    Mix it in a mincer
    And pretend it's beef.

Kidney of a horse
    Liver of a cat
    Filling up the sausages with
    This-and-that . . . "

Les Mis had it right!
    You know, adulterated products happen because someone is a crook, not because of horse slaughter.

Growing up right after WWII, rabbits hanging at the butchers had to have their tails with hair left on, because if not, no one could tell if that is really what that was, or if it had not hopped around, but said meow.
    Of course, not many would have objected anyway, food was so scarce and rationed, most welcomed anything that didn't eat them first.

Still, to want to blame that there are crooks out there, watering down the wine and such, on horse slaughter?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    You know, adulterated products happen because someone is a crook, not because of horse slaughter.

Growing up right after WWII, rabbits hanging at the butchers had to have their tails with hair left on, because if not, no one could tell if that is really what that was, or if it had not hopped around, but said meow.
    Of course, not many would have objected anyway, food was so scarce and rationed, most welcomed anything that didn't eat them first.

Still, to want to blame that there are crooks out there, watering down the wine and such, on horse slaughter?
    No, but it's not exactly high-end human beings involved therewith--as per the fact that this has all been in the mainstream news every day for a month.

IKEA meatballs, you first!

The problem is packaging and mislabeling. We have enough other things in our food as it is.
    We are having problems with our food system in general.
    This shouldn't be a "let's wing it and see how it goes" kind of thing.
    Thanks but I prefer knowing what's in my food.

[QUOTE Fairfax;6902678]Again..you are missing the point

It has NOTHING to do with the slaughter in North America
    When the meat is shipped it is not mixed with any other type of meat as the slaughter plants for equines ONLY kill equines and the odd exotic i.e. ostrich

If someone decides to mix in beef, lamb, pork...that would be at the point of packaging and obviously that is done in Europe

The mislable that occured in Mexico was not that there was another type of meat in the box. It was the wrong CUT listed. Wrong label but correct product type.

So..how many died due to consumption of Greek chicken nuggets with horse?[/QUOTE]

Last time I checked WWII was over 60+ years ago. I get what you're saying but it sure isn't that way now.
    These people being crooks?? Yep that's part of the whole problem.

QUOTE=Bluey;6902739]You know, adulterated products happen because someone is a crook, not because of horse slaughter.

Growing up right after WWII, rabbits hanging at the butchers had to have their tails with hair left on, because if not, no one could tell if that is really what that was, or if it had not hopped around, but said meow.,

Still, to want to blame that there are crooks out there, watering down the wine and such, on horse slaughter?[/QUOTE]

"Great green globs of greasy, grimy, gopher guts,
    Mutilated monkey meat,
    Little birdies' dirty feet,
    Great green globs of greasy, grimy goper guts,
    And I forgot my spoon
    (but I brought a straw!)"

And by the way did yall know that spam can actually last for at least 15 years?

Another reason not to eat Spam. (Sorry Elvis-long live the King).

Quote Originally Posted by OBXPony View Post
    "Great green globs of greasy, grimy, gopher guts,
    Mutilated monkey meat,
    Little birdies' dirty feet,
    Great green globs of greasy, grimy goper guts,
    And I forgot my spoon
    (but I brought a straw!)"

And by the way did yall know that spam can actually last for at least 15 years?

Quote Originally Posted by JGHIRETIRE View Post
    Another reason not to eat Spam. (Sorry Elvis-long live the King).
    yeah but when the world goes to hell the person who survives is the one with the largest supply of spam! Plus its sooooo good on two pieces of toast with a fried egg, sausage patty, bacon, mayo, and hoop cheese

on no wait what if spam gets tainted????!!!?????

on no wait what if spam gets tainted????!!!?????
    what, worried there are other parts than lips and a-holes in your oversalted lunch meat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    what, worried there are other parts than lips and a-holes in your oversalted lunch meat?
    heck we already don't know what is in it to begin with so eh what the hell. If it can last for 15 years it can't be meat anyway must be meat kinda, maybe?

my fiancee just said spam stands for "someones pets are missing"

3 members found this post helpful.

Did you know that Spam is actually a delicacy in Hawaii? Go figure. Then there's Libby's potted luncheon meat...which looked like ground up spam with some liquid added.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

my fiancee just said spam stands for "someones pets are missing"
    Did you ever notice that there's almost always a small animal vet in the same strip mall with Chinese restaurants...just saying....
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant