The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    No, I don't mean only one, there are several, don't tell me you really have not noticed that?

Yes, refuted time and again and that seems to be the only time you notice, evidently, not when those on your side keep bringing the same over and over again.

Heck, I have even been told to go somewhere else, as if this was an animal rights extremist site and any other than agreeing with them is not acceptable.

Well, not really, this is a HORSE OWNING, TRAINING, CARING FOR site, if some have not noticed yet.
    Happy, happy happy!
    "My doctrine is this, that if we see cruelty or wrong that we have the power to stop, and do nothing, we make ourselves sharers in the guilt.”
    ― Anna Sewell

What you know, our local news just reported that the bill to permit horse slaughter plants just passed in OK, waiting now to be signed into law by the governor, that indicated it would sign it.
    The bill is still not permitting the sale of horse meat in the state for human consumption, so if a plant opens, it will have to be selling their production somewhere else.

No telling how this will end.

Wow, so the pro-slaughter posters are still calling people who are anti-slaughter animal rights activists.....I guess it is easier than trying to understanding a different opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    Wow, so the pro-slaughter posters are still calling people who are anti-slaughter animal rights activists.....I guess it is easier than trying to understanding a different opinion.
    Not all, just some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    Bluey, I don't believe there is any plant in this country that tests every single animal. They might test one out of an x number and separate by lots, so if there's a problem, that lot can be recalled. I think you're just full of it.

Heck, we don't even test every cow for BSE. And in this case, we're talking about the Kaufman plant that polluted their own environment, racked up thousands in fines and never paid it. You're trying to tell me they tested every horse, out of the goodness of their hearts, even though they weren't required to do so? The BS meter just went sky high.
    She is full of it. In 2006 or 2008,(I'd have to search for the info again), NO horses were tested for bute at the US SH's. In fact in the UK from 2007-2011, only 150 horses were tested.

That stmt about every horse being tested is like Fairfax stating they wouldn't want cameras that others could see in order to protect Proprietary methods. Umm...there are no proprietary methods on slaughtering a horse. Not like you can patent a shooting position.

3 members found this post helpful.

What you know, our local news just reported that the bill to permit horse slaughter plants just passed in OK, waiting now to be signed into law by the governor, that indicated it would sign it.
    The bill is still not permitting the sale of horse meat in the state for human consumption, so if a plant opens, it will have to be selling their production somewhere else.

No telling how this will end.
    Just to give you an idea of the intelligence level of the politicians voting to bring slaughter to Oklahoma:

Sens. Al McCaffrey, D-Oklahoma City, and Constance Johnson, D-Forest Park, were among those who spoke against the measure, questioning the safety of horse meat that would be slaughtered in Oklahoma and sold for consumption in other countries.

“Why is it OK for us to approve meat that has been contaminated with injections?” she asked.

Sen. Eddie Fields, R-Wynona, the Senate sponsor of HB 1999, said horses are not to be slaughtered until 21 days after receiving their last injection so that the meat is not contaminated.

After their last injection of what?! Idiots.

http://newsok.com/horse-slaughter-bi...3771464http://
    Last edited by jenm; Mar. 26, 2013 at 08:39 PM. Reason: added quote
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

1 members found this post helpful.

Not all, just some of them.
    Yup you in particular. Bluey. Still.
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsmom View Post
    She is full of it. In 2006 or 2008,(I'd have to search for the info again), NO horses were tested for bute at the US SH's. In fact in the UK from 2007-2011, only 150 horses were tested.

That stmt about every horse being tested is like Fairfax stating they wouldn't want cameras that others could see in order to protect Proprietary methods. Umm...there are no proprietary methods on slaughtering a horse. Not like you can patent a shooting position.
    Well I knew it.. Yet Bluey continues to skirt the issue and say she KNEW someone who said they tested every horse.
    And I have quoted from her post in a post above after she claimed to lauraky that they were not even talking about horse meat.??????? ~Crickets~
    Well now they have both lost credibility, And I am not even anti slaughter!
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

Look, I don't know where your brother worked, but in the Dallas plant, as per people working there over the years, several of them, that is what they said they were doing and why.
    So did some inspectors.

Tell me, why is it wrong to say that is what I know and why, take it as you wish?

Yes, two wrongs don't make a right, but that was a pertinent example of someone lying, was I not clear?
    I am not lying as accused, as already explained many times, I just state what I know and where from and you are free to believe it or not.
    There are also inspectors, that have testified before congress (and the video and transcript is out there), that here in the US when they found severe Humane handling violations, and brought it to the SH owners attn., and then their bosses attn., they were told to shut up, and stay out of the way, and then reassigned to someplace else, and the SH continued as before.

2 members found this post helpful.

It's like arguing with a cactus.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Eboshi View Post
    It's like arguing with a cactus.
    I wouldn't want to argue with a cactus.......pricks, I tell you!
    "My doctrine is this, that if we see cruelty or wrong that we have the power to stop, and do nothing, we make ourselves sharers in the guilt.”
    ― Anna Sewell

Quote Originally Posted by jetsmom View Post
    I am late to the party I guess.

jetsmom, I remember that as well. Certainly it's still out there on the net.

And BTW, county called bluey out on BS on more than one occasion.

\"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"

Look, I don't know where your brother worked, but in the Dallas plant, as per people working there over the years, several of them, that is what they said they were doing and why.
    So did some inspectors.

Tell me, why is it wrong to say that is what I know and why, take it as you wish?

Yes, two wrongs don't make a right, but that was a pertinent example of someone lying, was I not clear?
    I am not lying as accused, as already explained many times, I just state what I know and where from and you are free to believe it or not.
    Bluey, at this point in time you are "lying as accused" and it is ridiculous for you to continue to try to push this as fact on almost every slaughter thread that comes up. You seem to believe that you are some sort of sage that everyone must believe simply because you say so? Well, when you post BS, people are not going to believe the BS, especially when the only source you have for your BS facts are some story about how someone who worked at a plant told you this.

That excuse might have worked the first time you used it, then a reasonable person would have stopped trying to push that false information after the first link from the USDA proving that to be completely untrue. Perhaps you "were had" by your source at Dallas, but you continuing to try to perpetuate it as fact, after it has so obviously been proven to be wrong, completely destroys your credibility. Trying to deflect by screeching about RARAs doesn't help you either.
    Last edited by ADM7040; Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:18 PM. Reason: wrong acronym
    Annabelle Mayr, Arcadia Farm
    Home of Fitz, Max, Daeo & Austria
    Now over the Rainbow Bridge: Finn, Jake & Seamus

Quote Originally Posted by ADM7040 View Post
    Bluey, at this point in time you are "lying as accused" and it is ridiculous for you to continue to try to push this as fact on almost every slaughter thread that comes up. You seem to believe that you are some sort of sage that everyone must believe simply because you say so? Well, when you post BS, people are not going to believe the BS, especially when the only source you have for your BS facts are some story about how someone who worked at a plant told you this.

That excuse might have worked the first time you used it, then a reasonable person would have stopped trying to push that false information after the first link from the FDA proving that to be completely untrue. Perhaps you "were had" by your source at Dallas, but you continuing to try to perpetuate it as fact, after it has so obviously been proven to be wrong, completely destroys your credibility. Trying to deflect by screeching about RARAs doesn't help you either.
    I think I have answered that a time or ten already, so please read thru what has already been posted a bit more carefully if you want to make sense with what has been stated.

Just in case you missed it, believe what you want, all I do is put forth what I know and why and, really, that is the way it was, but you are free not to believe it, if it doesn't fit with what you want to have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytbs View Post
    I am late to the party I guess.

jetsmom, I remember that as well. Certainly it's still out there on the net.

And BTW, county called bluey out on BS on more than one occasion.
    That was his name.. I was trying like crazy to remember his name.
    What ever happened to him?

I think I have answered that a time or ten already, so please read thru what has already been posted a bit more carefully if you want to make sense with what has been stated.

Just in case you missed it, believe what you want, all I do is put forth what I know and why and, really, that is the way it was, but you are free not to believe it, if it doesn't fit with what you want to have happened.
    Are you for real? You cannot be. Now several people have called you on this and yet you persist in saying you answered it.
    I think adm stated it very well. You have pretty much lost all credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Sannois View Post
    That was his name.. I was trying like crazy to remember his name.
    What ever happened to him?
    He died unexpectedly.

The differences we had is that he worked in a small slaughter plant at times, one of those individuals take their one head to, of several species and it seems it was not quite always run as it should.

Of course that is not the same as the only beef ones with a whole work force with several shifts and several inspectors there all the time, that is what I mentioned a time or two, where it would have been harder for that to happen as he described.
    The other was about how some hauled where he lives, so very different than here, where truckers are extremely regulated.

Best I remember, that was only in two occasions from many, many we both posted, that we had a difference.
    Hardly what that one poster just stated, trying to make it other than the rare occurrence it really was.

Once again, you don't KNOW it, you heard it. Maybe you heard it wrong, maybe not. But you certainly don't KNOW it.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

Quote Originally Posted by Sannois View Post
    Are you for real? You cannot be. Now several people have called you on this and yet you persist in saying you answered it.
    I think adm stated it very well. You have pretty much lost all credibility.

He died unexpectedly.

The differences we had is that he worked in a small slaughter plant at times, one of those individuals take their one head to, of several species and it seems it was not quite always run as it should.

Of course that is not the same as the only beef ones with a whole work force with several shifts and several inspectors there all the time, that is what I mentioned a time or two, where it would have been harder for that to happen as he described.
    The other was about how some hauled where he lives, so very different than here, where truckers are extremely regulated.

Best I remember, that was only in two occasions from many, many we both posted, that we had a difference.
    Hardly what that one poster just stated, trying to make it other than the rare occurrence it really was.
    Oh, you mean the big, reputable beef slaughter houses like this one...one that had a contract with the federal government that required humane treatment?

http://grist.org/news/abusive-slaugh...t-recall-case/

The solution to that? Ag Gag laws so that whistleblowers can no longer film the abuse.

Or maybe this one? http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...ire&id=8888136

Or like this upstanding meat packer with child labor violations? http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/30/us/30fine.html?_r=0

Or this one that polluted the Sioux Falls River? http://minnesota.publicradio.org/dis...cker-pollution

Or this one abusing calves? http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/a...-cruelty-claim

How about this hog slaughter plant dumping waste in the river? http://www.meatpoultry.com/News/News...ste.aspx?cck=1

That's not even beginning to list the abuses at poultry plants and farms. And the factory farm and slaughter house solution? Ag Gag rules to keep anyone from finding out.

It's enough to turn someone vegan.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant