The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    Did you know that Spam is actually a delicacy in Hawaii? Go figure. Then there's Libby's potted luncheon meat...which looked like ground up spam with some liquid added.
    yeah cannot eat that Looks like a cat ate soft food then got a hairball right after and puked although I do so love kennel rations aka corned beef in a can

Did you ever notice that there's almost always a small animal vet in the same strip mall with Chinese restaurants...just saying....
    nope not down here, its a mexican "taco" bar

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by OBXPony View Post
    yeah cannot eat that Looks like a cat ate soft food then got a hairball right after and puked although I do so love kennel rations aka corned beef in a can
    Did we have the same mother?
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

Did we have the same mother?
    I don't know..... hmmmmm twilight zone. We share the same first name to which is freaky......... hmmmmmm dam doppelganger?

The chinese restaurant yes -try to stay away from those. Watch out for one by an alley.

Did you ever notice that there's almost always a small animal vet in the same strip mall with Chinese restaurants...just saying....

You can mock Spam all you want but it is actually high quality meat. They are currently using spiral cut hams in it because production is so far behind they can't catch up. Other countries (especially those with refrigeration issues) can't get enough of it. There are 13 different varieties sold in the US and many more sold in other countries.

As far as the looney tune in the video. He is just a looney tune looking for attention. He really didn't prove anything other then he's a nut case.

Seriously anyone who even looks at fast food is crazy, and packaged lunch meats! Just slit your wrists it is faster.
    No Sorry, This thread has jumped the shark again.
    Full moon tonight? I know it is soon.
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sannois View Post
    Seriously anyone who even looks at fast food is crazy, and packaged lunch meats! Just slit your wrists it is faster.
    No Sorry, This thread has jumped the shark again.
    Full moon tonight? I know it is soon.
    I think we passed the full moon...but the effects linger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    I think we passed the full moon...but the effects linger.
    Nope it is at it's full point tonight, I just looked it up, and we have clouds so I cannot see it. LOL
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

Nope it is at it's full point tonight, I just looked it up, and we have clouds so I cannot see it. LOL
    LOL

I think my comp froze up the other day when I checked it.

These threads are so predictable, several years ago I downloaded the desktop gadget to track it (but killed that computer since and MS does not offer it anymore): the week before they pop up

that does tell you something....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Look, I've had situations over the course of 60yrs. that having someone that could end a horse's suffering with a correctly placed bullet was welcome. That said, I agree with other posters that the action, combined with the statement makes this disturbing. That you included his preference for horsemeat makes this guy more disturbed ,in my opinion. But carry on-are we next defending those that want kitty 'puppy burgers?

Thank you stolen virtue,I had a post here(I thought) about puppy/kitty burgers,ugh!

mods , is this the place for for right to lifers/choice people to post their views?

The computer freezing up might be Mercury retrograde AND the full moon. Just sayin........

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    LOL

I think my comp froze up the other day when I checked it.

These threads are so predictable, several years ago I downloaded the desktop gadget to track it (but killed that computer since and MS does not offer it anymore): the week before they pop up

that does tell you something....

The OP has managed to anger alot of the local ra ra residents! Hsus sure has a friend in her.
    Much like the farce of 'global warming' we have had Angela give us silly reports on chicken nuggets, warnings of bute in foodchain, etc. etc.
    In the end, look what we have: Much ado about nothing. There is NO science behind any of Angela's (the sky is falling) claims! Just more drivel straight from the pages of the hsus handbook.
    People are actually arguing that it wasn't that shooting the pony was so bad, but those awful words the shooter spoke!
    Best of all, we now have Zoma playing tattle tale, when clearly, the ra ra's have lost what little honest debate has been allowed to squeak through in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by 7arabians View Post
    The OP has managed to anger alot of the local ra ra residents! Hsus sure has a friend in her.
    Much like the farce of 'global warming' we have had Angela give us silly reports on chicken nuggets, warnings of bute in foodchain, etc. etc.
    In the end, look what we have: Much ado about nothing. There is NO science behind any of Angela's (the sky is falling) claims! Just more drivel straight from the pages of the hsus handbook.
    People are actually arguing that it wasn't that shooting the pony was so bad, but those awful words the shooter spoke!
    Best of all, we now have Zoma playing tattle tale, when clearly, the ra ra's have lost what little honest debate has been allowed to squeak through in this thread.
    What debate would that be? I saw very little debate. With few exceptions, any offers of alternatives are instantly shot down and the poster insulted.

I was instantly accused of having some radical agenda and being a plant for PETA or something, despite the fact that anyone could search for my user name and see that I usually just post on the "Horse Care" thread. I posted the video because it popped up on my FB feed that morning and I found it disgusting. I still do.

The responses here have been enlightening, to say the very least. In particular, a couple of users who were quick to jump on others for insults, had NO qualms whatsoever about insulting me.

This whole idea that anyone against horse slaughter must be secretly working to end all pet ownership is absurd. Talk about paranoid conspiracy theories. No doubt I want to take away all your guns as well.

The majority of Americans are against horse slaughter, which is why the proponents (and by proponents I mean those actively lobbying on its behalf) have to dress it up as some kind of charitable endeavor instead of the profit making enterprise it really is.

Seriously, this thread has made me WANT to join the Humane Society if this is the kind of lunacy they are up against.

Oh boy, Here we go,
    First and foremost! the guy shooting his horse in his yard and butchering it is within his own rights! While none of us would probably shoot and dress out our horses, that single video has nothing to do with slaughter in general.
    So he's an ass and video taped it. So what? there are a lot of idiot things videotaped on you tube.
    And seriously where do you get your facts from OP? The majority of americans are against horse slaughter? Did you personally take a poll and run the numbers?
    Your posts well, let's just say you have not been very consistent in your responses.
    Your last line tells a whole lot about you.
    And for what it is worth, suggestions, try over 8 plus years of threads on here, for a giggle you might do some searching, the threads are almost carbon copy.
    Just curious, did you actually have a point when posting the year old Video with your dramatic title?

[QUOTE=Fairfax;6902655]Sorry but youi are wrong. HSUS have repeatedly stated they are FOR horse ownership as so many of their employees own and actively ride horses. QUOTE]

You can't have it both ways. Meaning you can't say Animal rights groups are going to take away all our animals and in the next breath claim they all own animals.

If we take your words, then Bluey should have no fear of all our animals being confiscated, or whatever, within the next generation. Because animal rights groups all own and love animals

Scrapple...and I love it. Next time my husband ventures anywhere close to MD or PA, it's on his list to bring home. Goetta doesn't even come close.

And seriously where do you get your facts from OP? The majority of americans are against horse slaughter? Did you personally take a poll and run the numbers?

"A national public opinion survey found that 69% of Americans are against killing horses for human consumption. The findings come just a week before the U.S. House of Representatives is scheduled to vote on a bill that would end horse slaughter for human consumption."

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...#ixzz2OeEwWD88

OMG...69% of Americans are RARAs!