The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The check is in the mail . . .

Bonnie has a date (later this spring, maybe even early summer) with the very handsome and accomplished Sea Accounts!

After 13 years I'm ready to bring another horse baby into my family for keeps (I foal out mares for other people semi-regularly) and I feel like Bonnie has finally earned her spot in the gene pool by having an outstanding show season last year and by proving herself to be an extremely sound, durable, and just plain easy and fun horse to own and enjoy, year in and year out.

I bred her mama with the mantra of "yes, I'd take another one like her" and the same holds true for this time around. Naturally she's not perfect and one always wishes for this or that feature to be "improved upon", but this baby is for me and I am very excited! Now to actually make it happen!

Wish us luck!
    Click here before you buy.

14 members found this post helpful.

Good luck! How exciting!! What a handsome daddy you've picked out

1 members found this post helpful.

I'm very excited for you - what a nice sounding reson to breed her, and what a lovely choice. I don't breed, but have been admiring Sea Accounts myself, and I am particularly excited to hear about someone breeding to him who I can hear about 'first hand' on this board! Ready to view pics when you have them - ready to see that little dickens come into your family! I'd like to hear a bit more about Bonnie and what she's done, if you care to brag. Nice going.
    Trainer's website - photos of my horse Airborne under About and Francesca Edwards also in media page 1

http://www.patricianorciadressage.com/

Whoo hoooo!!!! How fun!! I am really really enjoying the baby gig Already eying another baby momma and baby daddy....

Yay! Loff Sea Accounts, and loff Bonnie. They'll make a stunning baby!
    Jonah 4:4: And the Lord said, "Do you do well to be angry?"

College football season is HERE!!!

Yeah! I love Cyndi and Sea Accounts Congrats and have a blast!!!
    Emerald Acres standing the ATA Approved Stallion, Tatendrang. Visit us at our Facebook Farm Page as well!

Yippee!!!

You should totally install a nanny cam to catch the momentous occasion (delivery, not conception). What a great reason to have a baby and what a great compliment to Bonnie
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    Cotton would fight.
    http://buildingthegrove.blogspot.com/

Oh my goodness, congratulations! He seems like a great choice; here's hoping for a great foal on the ground!
    PKN

Good luck!
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

I don't know how you'd find a stallion with a better mind
    Last edited by Toadie's mom; Mar. 21, 2013 at 03:00 PM.
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

YAY!!! Another hopeful dreamer taking a leap of faith (again!) and jumping into the deep end by breeding a beloved mare; there is nothing more exhilarating SO excited for you, please keep us updated on everything, and the very BEST of luck--both personally, and from the collective COTH--for a successful outcome!

May the wonderful Bonnie and the lovely Cyriz combine their genes in the best possible way. We can't wait to see the result
    "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

"It's supposed to be hard...the hard is what makes it great!" (Jimmy Dugan, "A League of Their Own")

Cannot wait to see this baby!

This is going to be a great baby! I don't know if you know this, but one of my Holy Trinity mares (the three mares that I stack all other mares against) is a Mountain Pearl baby. I love her to bits and pieces. She could have been anything, but she has settled very well into her life as beloved pet and perfect ammy horse. I have said for years and years that she would be worth breeding. That will probably never happen, but at least Bonnie gets to pass on those great MP genes, and with a fabulous baby daddy. Good choice! Good luck! I can't wait to live through the process vicariously through you!

Congratulations! Lucky you and lucky Bonnie!
    When in Doubt, let your horse do the Thinking!

Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

Yay!!! Congrats. I've been eyeing him as well though I have nothing to breed at the moment but he's a gorgeous hunk of pony for sure. Best of luck to you and to Bonnie.
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike

Oh! The things we do with such enthusiasm.

Good luck!!
    Some riders change their horse, they change their saddle, they change their teacher; they never change themselves.

What excitement for years to come! There was a thread on breeding asking why we do this .... duh.... it's for the love, the dream; the whole satisfaction of the decisions, the plan, the waiting, the cuteness , the waiting, seeing them grow up and evolve, learning who they are, starting them right in life, the bonding, the whole darn adventure. Pretty much the real ultimate in horsemanship.

Hope all your dreams come true! Mine did I now have my 'two' homebreds (my young horse and my youngest daughter) to watch them together and enjoy their partnership to the nth degree! At my age now it's probably my last big hurrah. I can't thank my family enough for being so supportive to let us dream like this. To be so fortunate to be living your dreams in your life, that's fulfillment. But it takes courage and bravery to make the choices to do what makes you so happy in life.

Enjoy each step of the way, you've been there before so you will appreciate it all the more now.
    About the only time losing is more fun than winning is when you're fighting temptation.
    -- Tom Wilson, actor & comedian

Quote Originally Posted by pony grandma View Post
    What excitement for years to come! There was a thread on breeding asking why we do this .... duh.... it's for the love, the dream; the whole satisfaction of the decisions, the plan, the waiting, the cuteness , the waiting, seeing them grow up and evolve, learning who they are, starting them right in life, the bonding, the whole darn adventure. Pretty much the real ultimate in horsemanship.

Hope all your dreams come true! Mine did I now have my 'two' homebreds (my young horse and my youngest daughter) to watch them together and enjoy their partnership to the nth degree! At my age now it's probably my last big hurrah. I can't thank my family enough for being so supportive to let us dream like this. To be so fortunate to be living your dreams in your life, that's fulfillment. But it takes courage and bravery to make the choices to do what makes you so happy in life.

Enjoy each step of the way, you've been there before so you will appreciate it all the more now.
    Beautifully said

Someone on this board said "horsepeople live on dreams", and how true this is!
    "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

"It's supposed to be hard...the hard is what makes it great!" (Jimmy Dugan, "A League of Their Own")

Quote Originally Posted by deltawave View Post
    Bonnie has a date (later this spring, maybe even early summer) with the very handsome and accomplished Sea Accounts!

After 13 years I'm ready to bring another horse baby into my family for keeps (I foal out mares for other people semi-regularly) and I feel like Bonnie has finally earned her spot in the gene pool by having an outstanding show season last year and by proving herself to be an extremely sound, durable, and just plain easy and fun horse to own and enjoy, year in and year out.

I bred her mama with the mantra of "yes, I'd take another one like her" and the same holds true for this time around. Naturally she's not perfect and one always wishes for this or that feature to be "improved upon", but this baby is for me and I am very excited! Now to actually make it happen!

Wish us luck!
    And if you come to visit in Aiken I'll be glad to introduce you to one of the 'Cybabies' who has done well as a Hunter. In 2012 we went three for three in the JC. T.I.P competition. Winning high score hunter every time he showed in T.I.P competition.
    Fan of Sea Accounts

Wonderful choice. Love him. Good luck
    Epona Farm
    Irish Draughts and Irish Sport horses

Join us on Facebook