The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Loudoun Stabling ???

We really would like to enter Loudoun but $100 for one night stabling is a little hard to justify. We would like to bring two Nov horses for Sun. Is anyone competing on Sat only and would be interested in sharing a stall or two? We wouldn't have to be stabled together. OR does anyone live close who has a couple of stalls to rent for the night.

A savings of $50 per horse would fill my truck ONCE

If anyone is interested please send me a PM

Thanks

Jackie

I would have loved to since I am bringing two horses and have the same dilema but unfortunatly both mine are coming 5 yr olds and doing novice as well. Maybe someone else will answer

I copied this from the Rubicon website. Last year when I thought about going to Loudoun or Morven, I went looking for alternative stabling. It stated that Rubicon was 7 miles from Morven so these should be close.

Need stabling for the Horse Trial? Here are some options for you:

Faith Like a Mustard Seed Farm - RIGHT NEXT DOOR!! contact Patricia Glaeser at 401 523 2474
    Idyll Time Bed & Barn � Approximately 2 miles from Rubicon � contact Gina Blake at 703 443 2992
    Cill Dara Farm � Approximately 20 minutes from Rubicon � contact Diann Landau at 540 822 9052
    Copper Ridge Farm - Less than 3 miles from Rubicon - contact Greg LaFave at 703 626 0085. Rooms/Stabling/Camper/Trailer parking with electric only.
    Kristin Noggle - Middleburg, VA; Approximately 35-30 minutes from Rubicon - contact Kristin Noggle at 540 272 6374; center aisle barn has rubber matted stalls; bring your own bedding; cost is $30 per night with turnout option; also has apartment to rent at $75 per night; cannot accommodate tractor trailer sized rigs.
    Sandy McCormack - 21450 Evergreen Mills Road, Leesburg; approximately 17 miles from Rubicon; lovely guest room with bath and a stall; $130 per night. - contact Sandy McCormack 703 307 8259
    Dee Givens - Approximately 30 minutes from Rubicon Farm. I have stall(s) and room(s) with house privileges for competitors. Flexible turnout with board fencing. Reasonable rates. Contact Dee Givens at 301.371.7988 or dee.givens@comcast.net for details.
    1. Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.

Thanks Horsecents, that gives me somewhere to start since I haven't heard from any competitors who want to share.

JFS - I keep my horses at my dad's very close to Loudoun (I am on Oatlands Road right off of rt. 15). I have two stalls you can use if you'd like? My guys are in the field with the stalls but if you are okay with that I am more than happy to help you out. Just PM me. The trailer ride from my place to the event would be about 5-10 minutes.

1 members found this post helpful.

I sent you an e-mail as I don't often check this page. Thanks so much.

Jackie