The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Tiznow (TB) babies--bragging thread

Well, I was busy and away from the computer for a few days, and came back to see that more people had posted on the Equibone thread about how awesome their Tiznow babies are. So rather than hijacking the Equibone thread any longer, I'd make a new one for just the Tiz-zys.

This might go better in a different forum, but I thought since it started here in Horse Care under Equibone, it would get the attention of the people who were posting there.

So for anyone who has a horse by the great Tiznow, post away. And links to pictures are a requirement. Just kidding, but, seriously, pictures are really, really strongly requested.

We have a stallion by Tiznow. I've posted about him anytime anyone has asked, but I never get bored talking about him. I just adore him. His name is Tiz Brian, but his barn name is Sparky. We actually bought him for breeding race babies (my husband's passion is specifically racing), but once we got him home and fixed him up a bit, he had been in pretty bad condition, he turned out to really have dressage quality movement (which is more my passion). He has the BEST disposition and is super athletic. We bred him to 4 mares last year, so have 4 babies by him due this year. The first two are due the second and third weeks of February (SOON!) and the last two are both due the 3 third week of May. I'm so excited. The one due the thrid week of Feb. is out of my favorite (heart horse) mare. My husband keeps threatening to get my doctor to prescribe me Xanax for that one. LOL

I ride him sporadically, since we don't have anywhere with really decent footing, and he is always awesome, even if I haven't ridden him in 3 or 4 weeks. I can't wait to actually have him in regular dressage training one day soon! In the meantime, we do a little ground work, hack around the farm on the days that the weather and time gods coordinate, groom, and hand graze.

Here's links to his pictures on my Facebook page.
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/se...6450921&type=3
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6450921&type=3
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6450921&type=3

So who else has Tiznow babies? What's their dispostion like? What do you do with them? Pictures?

Sheila
    Sheila Zeltt
    Chestnut Run Stable & Zeltt Racing Stable
    www.Zeltt.com
    Standing "Tiz Brian" at Stud, 16.1 h bay TB by Tiznow

1 members found this post helpful.

I love love love Tiznow babies. I work the sales in KY on the track and I have absolutely LOVED everything Tiznow. They typically have good brains, like 'their job', and are usually sweet natured. Last November we had at least 2 Tiznows that we showed to potential buyers as if he had done it his whole life. And every day at 2pm one colt would nicker and go down for a nap and you could go curl up with him for his nap time.

2 members found this post helpful.

I have a Tiznow mare, now coming 5yo. I bought her as an eventing prospect. She's got a fabulous brain- very smart and figures things out and extremely sweet! I think she'd like to curl up in my lap sometimes! She's quite athletic, too. I was out hand walking her about a year ago and walked her up to bank jump so I could check the footing. I completely didn't expect her to jump up the bank, but before I knew it, she sat down and sprung up the bank all on her own!! This past summer I started jumping her a bit under saddle and she was so quick to figure things out and was absolutely foot perfect! I'm taking her training very slow, and fixing her feet, so we haven't done much, but I think she's got great potential! I'll have to post some pictures of her.

1 members found this post helpful.

Everyone I've talked to about Tiznow and his babies, the first comment is without fail about how incredibly kind AND smart they are. All of the ones I've personally met were really athletic too.

Sheila
    Sheila Zeltt
    www.Zeltt.com

Ahh I'm glad to find this thread because the one tiznow I raised was a mental basket case. I'm glad to hear he wasn't the norm. The interesting thing is that we ended up keeping him up until kee apr and once he got into a training regimen he buckled down and we started getting good comments from the conditioner. He was a big beautiful ATHLETIC individual. He's made one start so far, showed some potential.

Shelia, I met your guy before he left the track & absolutely adored him! Can't wait to see his babies in the spring.
    ~ A true friend knows all there is to know about you and still likes you. -E. Hubbard

Hi Mia! Did you look at buying him or were you involved in the racetrack world? Just curious.

His first two babies are due Feb 16 and Feb 23, so could arrive as early as Feb 2 and Feb 9. I'm so excited I just can't see straight! The foal due on the 23 is out of my heart horse mare, so doubly excited on that one.

Sheila
    Sheila Zeltt
    www.Zeltt.com

PM sent!
    ~ A true friend knows all there is to know about you and still likes you. -E. Hubbard

We just had our first foal by our Tiznow stallion, Tiz Brian. It's our mare, Polly's, 3rd foal. Here's pics of the filly, barn name Sophie.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/se...6450921&type=1

Sheila
    Sheila Zeltt
    www.Zeltt.com

She is lovely!

Quote Originally Posted by Mia412 View Post
    She is lovely!
    Thank you, Mia. We are pretty excited. Hoping his next two are just as nice.

Just as an aside, since you knew Tiz Brian before, I just measured him the other day, and he's now 16.1 hands. He was just a shade under 16 when we bought him.

Sheila
    Sheila Zeltt
    www.Zeltt.com

It's funny how some of them grow. Mine was just under 15.2 when I brought him home, that summer he grew 2 inches.

Can't wait to see the photos of the next two! If you don't mind, I'd like to share the baby pics with a friend who also met your guy at the track & liked him as much as I did.

Sheila and Mia- How old is Tiz Brian and Mia- your guy? My girl is coming 5 and I think 16.1. I'm hoping she tops out at 16.2 before all is said and done. (I'm tall)

Well, Tiz Brian's second foal was born Friday am! Out of my favorite mare. I'm so excited. I just really love this horse. So far his babies are getting his "Tiznow disposition". Here's pictures!
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=39f55ad035

VTShale, I didn't see your question before. We bought Tiz Brian as a late 4 year old (December). He was just a hair under 16 hands. I remeasured him just a couple months ago, as a late 5 year old, and he was a hair over 16.1. I just remeasured him again a few weeks ago, as early 6 year old, and he's close to 16.1 1/2. I really don't expect him to grow anymore than that.

Sheila
    Sheila Zeltt
    www.Zeltt.com