The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

life is good here too found a great place for my mare to foal (sport pony to be on the way!)

my rising 5 yo Connemara is really stepping up to the plate and I am having a great time working with him.... He has a great work ethic and a heart of gold

I am looking forward to the summer and cant wait to see how my pony comes along in his training

great to read so many inspiring stories!

Love this thread! Happyhappyhappy!

My good news is that both mares arrived safe and sound (and I still have all my hair) from their cross country adventure. The OTTB got her shoes pulled and is proving to be the sweetest creature ever. It's proven to be a wonderful breathe of fresh air from Herself, her hatred of the cold, and subsequent yucky attitude.

I also taught Herself the word 'cookie' so I can actually catch her! I'm looking forward to getting them both back to work as soon as the ground dries and we get more than a day of sunshine at a time!

Mare is slightly lame again, which isn't happy, but...

We are confined to walk-only rides of 30-45 minutes. I am even taking a walk-only lesson once a week, and it's SO helpful for both of us Mare is working off a light leg again, I'm getting a lot better at steady contact so she will go along on her preferred contact (light but connected) rather than trying to evade it. We like each other again

Of course I am sad that she is lame, and a bit worried because there's not a clear answer as to why (except that the lame leg is structurally the weakest). The vet is doing one more ultrasound and if that doesn't make things obvious, we'll go to a referral hospital.
    You have to have experiences to gain experience.

Proudly owned by 1998 Morgan mare Mythic Feronia; G-dspeed Trump & Minnie; welcome 2014 Morgan filly MtnTop FlyWithMeJosephine