The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by clevershoes View Post
    One small correction... Townsend won the first 1st years class at Devon last year. Not that that takes away from her success or beautiful rounds.

For clarification Rapunzel showed in the Green conformation division at Devon. She won 3 of the 4 o/f and 2nd in the other. She also won the U/S.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
    For clarification Rapunzel showed in the Green conformation division at Devon. She won 3 of the 4 o/f and 2nd in the other. She also won the U/S.
    For even further clarification, she jogged in on top in all four jumping classes. She was moved back to second on the conformation judging in one class when the model winner jogged in second.

Quote Originally Posted by llsc View Post
    Rapunzel.

She won every class at Devon last year in the 1st years and is now doing the Juniors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK2w4X6mSgA
    I was responding to the bold statements both of which are incorrect and you quoted earlier and did not correct. Good day

Inclusive and Castle Rock could come home with me

I'd take Miss Lucy over any of them... have loved her since I saw her go in the Derby finals a couple of years ago. Her jump is just breathtaking, has a huge easy step, and she looks like she actually has a little life to her. Maybe not as "cute" to watch go across the ground as the ones who look like giant over-stuffed ponies, but uses herself over the jumps so much better, IMHO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFwIdnrD0lw

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    I'd take Miss Lucy over any of them... have loved her since I saw her go in the Derby finals a couple of years ago. Her jump is just breathtaking, has a huge easy step, and she looks like she actually has a little life to her. Maybe not as "cute" to watch go across the ground as the ones who look like giant over-stuffed ponies, but uses herself over the jumps so much better, IMHO.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFwIdnrD0lw

I have always loved Miss Lucy. Watching that video, you can even see that she jumps Jen a little loose over a few - I know I would be on the ground riding that mare! Really glad she won the derby. I think this will be her year.

Quote Originally Posted by circus peanuts View Post
    I have always loved Miss Lucy. Watching that video, you can even see that she jumps Jen a little loose over a few - I know I would be on the ground riding that mare! Really glad she won the derby. I think this will be her year.
    And what a shame her breeding is "unknown" so that no one has any idea how they can make another one. Absolutely pathetic.
    "No matter how cynical I get its just not enough to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    I'd take Miss Lucy over any of them... have loved her since I saw her go in the Derby finals a couple of years ago. Her jump is just breathtaking, has a huge easy step, and she looks like she actually has a little life to her. Maybe not as "cute" to watch go across the ground as the ones who look like giant over-stuffed ponies, but uses herself over the jumps so much better, IMHO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFwIdnrD0lw

I was wondering when someone would mention Miss Lucy. Such a fabulous mare!

**Oops! Double post!**
    Last edited by Ms Red Britches; Apr. 2, 2013 at 01:19 PM. Reason: double post

Amanda Steege is riding a nice string of hunters.
    Balou
    Kingpin
    Duval
    Majestic
    Charm
    to name a few....

I just... JUST figured out that "Clearly" is "Kost to Coast." I THOUGHT he looked familiar and couldn't put my finger on it. I wouldn't say this is an unusual standout year for him or anything but I like that horse a whole lot. Odd to change the name of a horse that as on the A Circuit doing nicely with the (IMHO rather nice) old name but I guess it's done.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Garfield still remains my favorite. He seems to nail his courses with Alex and Scott, (and his knew owner who is doing her first year in the juniors) plus win the hack and the conformation.

I have to agree that Jen's eq is distracting, but the judges don't mind, so there's no reason I should

The only thing I find distracting are the flapping coat tails in the derbies.

Love Miss Lucy!
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse

Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateHooves View Post
    Garfield still remains my favorite. He seems to nail his courses with Alex and Scott, (and his knew owner who is doing her first year in the juniors) plus win the hack and the conformation.
    He's certainly pretty but while I've only seen a few rounds (Cap Challenge, I think?) I kept hoping he would actually go somewhere. I know, I know...this isn't suppose to be that kind of thread and I probably angered a number of you, but I'm gonna say it anyway.
    Keith: "Now...let's do something normal fathers and daughters do."
    Veronica: "Buy me a pony?"