The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Does anyone have contact info for Gary?

I bought a pair of lined Perri's leathers and they are all shaggy on the sides from the nylon. They are also difficult to pull through if changing the stirrup length. They do the job but I would like to know if all nylon lined leathers shed like that and are they all fatter and thus hard to pull through.

Quote Originally Posted by KateD View Post
    Does anyone have contact info for Gary?
    gleather@rtccom.net
    I heard a neigh. Oh, such a brisk and melodious neigh as that was! My very heart leaped with delight at the sound. --Nathaniel Hawthorne

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
    Thanks Dewey!

Love my GM leathers! I've had them for over a year and they are holding up very well.

Another Gary Mundy fan. I have 5 pairs of his fine leathers and will only ever buy from him.
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

Prestige. I love them.

I need a pair of GM leathers, for sure, but I've also been very happy with my M. Toulouse leathers.

Hmmmm, sounds like I'll have to contact him!

What are the price of the M.Tolouse leathers??

Thanks!
    "And my good dreams? They all come with a velvet muzzle and four legs. All my good dreams are about horses."--In Colt Blood

COTH Barn Rats Clique!

Quote Originally Posted by PNWjumper View Post
    I love the Beval flat buckle stirrup leathers. They don't stretch (because they're nylon lined), last forever, and best of all, come in a "short adult" size which means no having to cut down the leathers for me!
    I've had these for 6 years and I love them.

Quote Originally Posted by TatteredDaydreamer View Post
    Hmmmm, sounds like I'll have to contact him!

What are the price of the M.Tolouse leathers??

Thanks!
    They're $91 from SmartPak: http://www.smartpakequine.com/m-toul...ers-4427p.aspx

They're quite soft—I'd compare them to any of the much more expensive calfskin leathers.

Quote Originally Posted by trafalgar View Post
    I bought a pair of lined Perri's leathers and they are all shaggy on the sides from the nylon. They are also difficult to pull through if changing the stirrup length. They do the job but I would like to know if all nylon lined leathers shed like that and are they all fatter and thus hard to pull through.
    This hasn't happened to me with my Bates, and I've actually only had it happen with a very old pair of leathers that were obviously on their last legs. They are easy to adjust and take on/off the saddle. I am about six years in and there are no loose threads or anything.

Gary Mundy for sure! My daughter has 1 pr and my son has 2 prs. Amazing quality, amazing price, and there is just something special about having a custom made item with your initials! My kids have had very little stretching and the leathers still look almost brand new after a year of hard use!

Gary hands down. I have a leash, collar, two pairs of leathers, and a lead from him.his stuff is great!

Stubben fancy leathers: http://www.marystack.com/stubben-fan...FQTqnAod8TsAMQ. I have a pair on my dressage saddle that's going on strong with 5 years of regular use, and they still look lovely. I have the Bates on my jumping saddle, but they are getting kind of "squishy" and when i replace them, I will buy some more Stubben ones. Plus, I like the finished ends.

Those of you with Gary Mundy leathers, do they scratch up a calfskin saddle? My Devoucoux is calfskin and regular leathers will rub pretty badly, which is why I use calfskin leathers.
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

So, the Zen Buddhist says to the hotdog vendor, "Make me one with everything."