The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Windshield for Kawasaki Mule?

Does anyone have a Kawasaki Mule 600 (or 610) -- the smallest newer ones?
    I love mine but want to get some sort of a windshield so I don't get wet when feeding in the rain! But I would also like to have something to open for a breeze in the FL summers. Plus I see most are polycarbonate (plastic) and I guess I'm liable to scratch it on a limb.......
    Comments or suggestions?
    www.flyingcolorsfarm.comHome of pinto stallion Claim to Fame and his homozygous son, Counterclaim. Friend us on Facebook!https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Fl...04678589573428

I have a 2005 610 model. What I did is buy a sheet of lexan at Home Depot and some 2" wide olive green velcro at Walmart. I burned two horizontal slits into the top of the lexan, ran the velcro through it and attached it to the top rail of the mule. Did the same on the sides (but vertical, obviously) and attached them to the side bars. Easy on, easy off. I just didn't want to spring for a "real" mule windshield.

I drive mine through the woods all the time and it hasn't gotten scratched up yet. It's kind of hard to see through at night with the water beaded up on it if you drive into a light but other than that, it works fine. I wish I had a picture...
    "Dogs are man's best friend. Cats are man's adorable little serial killer." -- theoatmeal.com

Alabama, That's a great idea. Wonder if anyone local could make something cheaper.,,
    At Red Hills Horse Trials there were some owned by the State of FL that had a solid windshield, with sort of a hole in it for the hood to open........I've not seen those offered for sale. There must be more designs someplace.
    The post above didn't fit mine....those were for bigger mules....
    Hope to get other's comments if they like having a windshield in the south (or heat)
    www.flyingcolorsfarm.comHome of pinto stallion Claim to Fame and his homozygous son, Counterclaim. Friend us on Facebook!https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Fl...04678589573428

I'll try to remember to take a picture of mine home made thing tonight. The nice thing about buying the lexan is that you can cut it to size. I don't think I even had to trim mine, though. It just fit as it came.
    "Dogs are man's best friend. Cats are man's adorable little serial killer." -- theoatmeal.com