The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default WEF- hunter derby

Hey Everyone-
    I swore I saw the big hunter derby finale on the calender for WEF for March 30. I just looked again and its not there. Does anyone know if it was rescheduled or cancelled?
    Last edited by wondrlnd77; Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:38 PM. Reason: edited for my atrocious typing.

Not sure where you are looking, but yes it is still on. First round on Sat. in grand hunter ring @ 2 pm. Handy in the stadium Sun. @ 1pm. Per Showgroundslive.com. Plus I am in Wellie world & work for a barn which has a couple of horses entered.

It was a great class last year. Fun to see the second round out on the grass field down on the corner. I'm sorry to say I won't get to see it this year due to other commitments. I wish they would do a live feed of it.

OP were you referring to the USEF Network site?

I think I may have seen it there as well. I could be mistaken.
    It isn't listed now however so no livestream..

Quote Originally Posted by skydy View Post
    OP were you referring to the USEF Network site?

I think I may have seen it there as well. I could be mistaken.
    It isn't listed now however so no livestream..
    I was looking at the equestrian sport productions site and didn't see anything. So 1pm Sunday at the stadium?

Heard at the barn today that round 2 will NOT be at the stadium. In the grand prix ring instead.

1 members found this post helpful.

Ok ..... now I hear round 2 WILL be in the stadium. Rumor is that some riders protested the stadium location because they have horses that do not want to jump around over there.

Quote Originally Posted by fossiloverfences View Post
    Ok ..... now I hear round 2 WILL be in the stadium. Rumor is that some riders protested the stadium location because they have horses that do not want to jump around over there.
    I cannot shake my head enough at this...if its true.
    "IT'S NOT THE MOUNTAIN WE CONQUER, BUT OURSELVES." SIR EDMUND HILLARYMember of the "Someone Special To Me Serves In The Military" Clique

1 members found this post helpful.

I wouldn't be so sure. For some reason most of what was scheduled over at The Stadium has been cancelled and moved backed to the showgrounds this year. Not sure why. Probably technical or political

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Janeway View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure. For some reason most of what was scheduled over at The Stadium has been cancelled and moved backed to the showgrounds this year. Not sure why. Probably technical or political
    So any news? It was so great to watch the hunters go at the stadium last year. The bank and all those long gallops! Some horses didn't love it, but it was still great to watch.

So did anyone watch/compete today? Any thoughts? I thought Tori Colvin's trip was breathtaking. It was a bummer to see Taken having an off day, but lovely to see how Kelley handled it. What did everyone think of the course?

I didn't see it, but so very glad Jen & Miss Lucy won. I *love* that mare. Such a spectacular jump on her.

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

add me to the Miss Lucy fan club, I'm really glad she won this one.
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

I'm also a member of the Miss Lucy fan club, and super stoked for my friend, Maggie Boylan, whose horse "Medalist" was 4th in his first derby ever!

I was there both days & saw all of the rounds. It's such a beautiful setting for round 2 and the weather was great. Miss Lucy deserved the win, but my personal favorite was Inclusive & Tori Colvin. Love the hunters that go around without the rider ever picking up the reins.