The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Orders from justriding.com (update last post.)

I know there was a poster spamming with ads for this site a few weeks ago.

On Feb 19th, I ordered a pair of Parlanti Miami boots from them. I paid via Paypal in order to not get hit with a currency conversion charge.

Shortly after I googled, which led me to the posts here and made me a little concerned, but I was advised that my boots would be in my hands in 14-18 days from order. They told me even if they had to order from Italy, they would be in the UK within 2 days and shipped to me immediately thereafter-- but they told me my size was in stock so no worries.

I requested a tracking number multiple times from the owner. I was finally provided with one last week. I tracked it. Imagine my surprise when I saw that yesterday, whatever order was shipped with that number arrived in Fort Lauderdale, FL (I live in Massachusetts.)

I wrote to them again this morning, and was provided with yet another tracking number-- this one shipped on the 7th of March (17 days after my order date). So whatever number they gave me a week ago-- my stuff hadn't even been shipped yet.

Update: An order from them has arrived. I will not be home until Friday so I don't know if the order is correct or not.

Additionally, I have had an email exchange with the owner relating to this post, which I will post at the end of this thread.
    Last edited by soloudinhere; Mar. 20, 2013 at 08:43 AM.

Sounds to me like there is a major delay and instead of being honest about it, they are giving you other peoples' tracking numbers. How they think they can dupe you is beyond me. I'd be so done with them by now.

I'd give it until 2 weeks from March 7th and then tell them you are going to apply for a paypal refund.

From my experience with Parlanti, they do take a long time and they are made in Italy. The boots are very well made (in comparison to Derdau which they fall apart)but if you have any problems it takes forever. They are extremely nice but there is always tomorrow with them.

City of delusion in the state of total denial

That's interesting, considering that the person who was spamming with ads about it was mad he got called on it and just got banned.

Sorry about your boots- hope they show up soon.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

1 members found this post helpful.

Interesting. The recently price-matched Equiport just for me (bringing to the total cost of sub-$575 after shipping), but I haven't yet pulled the trigger yet because I have a weird feeling about it, for some reason. The owner has e-mailed me multiple times and said I'll have the boots within 5-9 days but now I'm not so sure...

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...ed!!-by-CHRONO

Interesting considering how up in arms the poster who raved about that website was over getting their posts removed for advertising.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Ridge View Post
    Interesting. The recently price-matched Equiport just for me (bringing to the total cost of sub-$575 after shipping), but I haven't yet pulled the trigger yet because I have a weird feeling about it, for some reason. The owner has e-mailed me multiple times and said I'll have the boots within 5-9 days but now I'm not so sure...
    I will let you know if I get mine. Mine were $558 shipped. (statement removed, an order has arrived)

They told me 1 week, 2 weeks ago and every time I ask they tell me how popular the boots are and they couldn't anticipate the demand.

Fyi-- while their website is in the UK, both tracking numbers I have been given originate in Poland.
    Last edited by soloudinhere; Mar. 20, 2013 at 08:44 AM.

I do think they have a shop or a distribution center in Poland, as the owner's signature has a Polish phone number in addition to the U.K. one.

Quote Originally Posted by soloudinhere View Post
    I will let you know if I get mine. Mine were $558 shipped. If I ever get them, that is.

They told me 1 week, 2 weeks ago and every time I ask they tell me how popular the boots are and they couldn't anticipate the demand.

Fyi-- while their website is in the UK, both tracking numbers I have been given originate in Poland.

Default Thanks for the 'heads up" on this ~ hope you get your boots !

Thanks for the "heads up" on this !

Hope you get your boots !
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

I received an email this morning from the owner of Justriding.com, relating to this post. I can post it in its entirety but essentially, it made light of the issues I have had and threatened that we would be speaking again "after I speak with my investors."

As such, I will be posting the FACTS relating to this exchange I have had with them.

On February 19th, I ordered a pair of Parlanti Miami boots, size 37XL, and I paid via Paypal. I did receive a discount, which, ironically, was something that the spammed ads on here suggested that I ask for.

I paid immediately via paypal.

In the course of ordering, I was informed that the boots were in stock. If not in stock, she said, it takes 2 days to get to the UK and then they'll be right out to you.

Based on this information, on Feb 22 I requested a tracking number and was informed again that the total time to have the boots delivered is 14 days from order if in stock, and 18 days if on order from Italy. I was told that as soon as they shipped I would get a tracking number.

On Feb 26, I asked again, and was told that my ticket was being handled on that day or the 27th, and the boots would be on their way "within the next few days."

On March 1 I spoke to a representative on their chat system who advised me the boots had shipped on 28th Feb, but she did not have tracking information. On Mar 2 I requested that tracking information from the owner directly. He advised me that he could not retrieve warehouse information on the weekend but that my boots were on their way to me.

On March 4 I asked again for a tracking number and the owner advised me he would contact the warehouse and get it to me.

I requested one on chat and was given the number that arrived in Fort Lauderdale on March 8.

When I contacted them again on March 9 to advise that the tracking number provided had been delivered to Fort Lauderdale, I received another tracking number that had shipped on March 7.

I received a package to my house yesterday bearing that tracking number. Total time from order to delivery was 27 days, and not either 14 or 18 as promised.

As I stated, I would have been fine with a delay, but not being told my order was being handled multiple times, and that it had shipped, only to find that it did not go out until 7 March.

I have removed my comments from the original post and changed the title to protect myself.

Additionally, I was under the impression that the individual "Cy Coleman" I was communicating with was the owner, however the most recent email I received indicates that an individual with a female name is the "sole proprietor" of justriding.com
    Last edited by soloudinhere; Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:38 AM. Reason: censored again

After I speak with my investors? WTF does that even mean? Seriously? In Poland?

Seems like this is the worst unpaid for advertising a spammer could ask for. Threatening customers who merely ask where their orders are is seriously bad form.

Did you at least get the right boots?

2 members found this post helpful.

Ha. Glad you finally got your boots!

I, too, just got an e-mail from Victoria Miszczuk regarding my comments on this thread (and my order that I did not fulfill). They promised me that the incident with you was an "isolated incident" and that you agreed to change the title of the thread.

I obviously didn't (and likely won't) order from them, despite the cost savings, because I don't feel like giving someone a false tracking number or spamming a board with promotion is a wise way to do business.

Quote Originally Posted by gumshoe View Post
    After I speak with my investors? WTF does that even mean? Seriously? In Poland?

Seems like this is the worst unpaid for advertising a spammer could ask for. Threatening customers who merely ask where their orders are is seriously bad form.

Did you at least get the right boots?
    I don't know yet if I got the right boots. I am about 900 miles away from home on a business trip, returning late tomorrow night.

I was advised that was not her concern and therefore I had to amend the post to indicate my order was received-- so I did.

PS: Equiport in the UK was totally accomodating, honest about when the boots would arrive, and totally willing to refund me when I couldn't wait that long. I would have happily plugged justriding if their service had been good-- but I'm really disappointed in their response to the issues I had.

Now I just received another e-mail:

"I wrote to you in confidence and didnt give you permission to enter my details onto a public forum, I have already requested that "Soloudinhere" remove my and my colleagues names from her posting as she also does not have our permission.

I am dissapointed that you feel the way you do, again you appear to be someone who posts what they want to post and not what is actually said. Why dont you go ahead and post my email in its entirety (without my personal information which you do not have my permission to use) to give a more balanced view?

Yours Sincerely"

All because I didn't order a pair of boots from them. Really?!

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Ridge View Post

"I wrote to you in confidence and didnt give you permission to enter my details onto a public forum, I have already requested that Ms soloudinhere remove my and my colleagues names from her posting as she also does not have our permission.
    Actually I do have their permission. I asked if they would like me to post the emails I received and she gave explicit permission for me to do so.

However can you please take my last name out of your post? I'm very upset that they gave that to you, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by soloudinhere View Post
    Actually I do have their permission. I asked if they would like me to post the emails I received and she gave explicit permission for me to do so.

However can you please take my last name out of your post? I'm very upset that they gave that to you, actually.
    Done, sorry about that. Yes, I'm surprised they gave your name out too.

They gave you the name of another customer? Wow.

5 members found this post helpful.

I know, I'm astonished. I have complied with her request to remove her name from my post but not the other "owners" name as that is public information from the domain registry.

Before anyone say anything I dont work for Just Riding I am in fact a full time soldier. I just wanted to say something for the other team, lol

I have ordered loads of products from them for my wife, mostly Animo to be fair I havent ordered Parlanti. But I can say that all my stuff came on time and at really good prices, all in all I had a good experience with those guys. It seems like you guys are going off at the deep end for some boots that arrived late??