The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Cool Has anyone been banned or suspended since Erin left?

I just wanted to know.

I was always on Erin's short list

1 members found this post helpful.

Yes, people have been banned since then. One just recently in fact. They weren't a regular poster, but a new one who was advertising..

Its not nowhere, but you can see it from here

Quote Originally Posted by NEEDS A NAP View Post
    Who was the lady who had the TB that attacked her when she tried to feed it...and had the sort of big son who was "training" it? She was entertaining!
    Mah Navu. I think she is on some ghost hunting bbs. I really liked the TB she had. She ended up admitting she came on here to rile people up IIRC
    From AliCat518 "Seriously, why would you NOT put fried chicken in your purse?!"

Quote Originally Posted by rustbreeches View Post
    Mah Navu. I think she is on some ghost hunting bbs. I really liked the TB she had. She ended up admitting she came on here to rile people up IIRC
    She was just trying to make people think she wasn't really that stupid. I think she was.

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    She was a wonderful person and touched an awful lot of people in this area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clear sailing View Post
    REALLY? Snowbird was a wonderful person? Grew up riding there for 20 years, still close with the daughters, and still live in the area. i could say a lot of things, but wonderful, maybe not. and neither could her daughter, at her funeral.
    She had her moments I'm sure but I only had nice encounters with her. Not to mention, seems a little gauche to speak ill of the dead.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

10 members found this post helpful.

Mah Navu! That was her. Another person who didn't really want her questions answered.

She also seemed to have something going on on another BB where she was flirting with young men online. Heaven help me that I was that bored at work that I read all that, and her, that she put it out there!
    Only part of me worries...the other part doesn't believe in it.
    Wings of Desire

I remember Ambrey as someone whom I could not believe was banned. The main thing about her was that she seemed to post questions to which she already thought she knew the answer, and would thus try to steer the replies towards her point of view. I think that would have been annoying to those who tried to really provide thought out answers to her questions. Seems like it would have been better for her to hash things out with fellow boarders at her barn. But her meanderings didn't seem ban-worth, unless I missed something.

Who was the lady who had the TB that attacked her when she tried to feed it...and had the sort of big son who was "training" it? She was entertaining!
    Well, imagine you were active on a dog board. And one day, someone showed up and wanted to talk about her parakeet. On many threads, many times a day. For months, and could not and would not be dissuaded from doing so. Sure, you could overlook the keet, but after a while there's millet all over the floor and birdpoop on your glasses. It gets old.

12 members found this post helpful.

REALLY? Snowbird was a wonderful person? Grew up riding there for 20 years, still close with the daughters, and still live in the area. i could say a lot of things, but wonderful, maybe not. and neither could her daughter, at her funeral.

My last post was responding to this, I goofed up the quote.
    ~Veronica

Good illustration. I remember at the time she was banned she was answering some post about the size of a pony and that seemed pretty innocuous.
    Only part of me worries...the other part doesn't believe in it.
    Wings of Desire

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    My last post was responding to this, I goofed up the quote.
    Just because someone has passed away does not change what they did in life. Sorry to offend.

5 members found this post helpful.

I got banned once for asking where people looked when buying young horses, other than just their trainer (i.e., websites with for sale ads). I meant it as a legitimate question, and got banned for "advertising".
    "A goal without a plan is just a wish."

How does one know when someone has been banned? Do they just not show up again? Is there an announcement of some kind??

Quote Originally Posted by tricolor View Post
    How does one know when someone has been banned? Do they just not show up again? Is there an announcement of some kind??

It says below the name. Like on your post, it has "training level" below your name, but would be replaced with "banned" if you were.

Quote Originally Posted by horsepoor View Post
    It says below the name. Like on your post, it has "training level" below your name, but would be replaced with "banned" if you were.
    Thanks for explaining!!

I think one thing a lot of the more narcissist types seem to assume is that we all frequent all available sites therefore know who said what to whom on what board and are "in on" every real or perceived accusation and retort anywhere in cyberspace. After all , why wouldn't we follow their every step?

That explains why she who will not be named led off one of those threads slamming "you" like it was each of us and we participated along with the rest of the world against them.

That is something they all seem to have in common.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

4 members found this post helpful.

Thanks for the explaination!

COTH is the only BB in which I participate and some postings have made me wonder what I had missed. Now, I understand.

Mah Navu! That was her. Another person who didn't really want her questions answered.

She also seemed to have something going on on another BB where she was flirting with young men online. Heaven help me that I was that bored at work that I read all that, and her, that she put it out there!
    That's interesting, especially since she had a young European guy show up here as a newbie, knew nothing about horses, but defended her often and strongly.

Thinking it was the same person. Were they talking about meeting up and it sounded like he was trying to get a free ticket to the states? Because that's what I recall.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by lrp1106 View Post

I guess stupidity really ain't rare.
    Lol, work in tech support and you'll get some good ones. A teeny sample of the ones I've heard over the years:

I know it's open 24 hours a day, I just want to know when it closes.

Why won't the system let me use capital numbers?

X-ray starts with an E, didn't you go to school?

Quote Originally Posted by CAJumper View Post
    I got banned once for asking where people looked when buying young horses, other than just their trainer (i.e., websites with for sale ads). I meant it as a legitimate question, and got banned for "advertising".
    There was a period of rather harsh culling of threads and suspensions of posters over "pricing" and "where to look for a new horse" threads. pricing threads were seen as subtle (or not so subtle) adverts and where to look posts prompted folks with horses to sell to come out of the woodwork. Seems to me that the breeding BB has been little more than an a "Breeders Craigslist" for as long as I can recall. So many threads are "Who should I send my mare to?" followed by 5 pages of "MY STALLION!!!"
    F O.B
    Resident racing historian ~~~ Re-riders Clique
    Founder of the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique

2 members found this post helpful.

Just because someone has passed away does not change what they did in life. Sorry to offend.
    I'm not offended. And I only knew her at horse shows, we were hardly close personal friends. So if she was horrible at other times, I wouldn't know. I do remember her being nice to me at shows. Here's the thread someone started, more than a few people seemed to have fond memories of her...

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...t=Vikki+Siegel
    ~Veronica