The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lrp1106 View Post
    Thank you for dragging my city/state's corrupt politics into this.
    My favorite story that's come up recently (ya know, besides our most recent ex-mayor being charged with 21 counts of bribery, extortion, etc.):

The husband of an at the time a candidate for the NO City Council seat, who is an assistant city attorney, dropped a loose marijuana joint. It just fell out of his pocket. Like.. What? I still can't get over this. He claims it was "for a client".

I guess stupidity really ain't rare.
    How did I miss that? In a strange way, that is similar to the one that won't be named -- having the ability to come up with a completely random & improbable explanation and refusing to own up to the obvious. To both of them I would say, "Whatever. Jesus knows what you did."

I'm over in Bay Saint Louis, but I watch the WDSU New Orleans news every night and am just in awe w/ my jaw on the floor - every single night.

However, in defense of my post, it was picking on the FEDS who are supposed to be prosecuting the corrupt locals; but they are a hot mess, too.

And, just so you don't feel bad; my understanding is that Mississippi is actually the MOST corrupt state. I'm from the Redneck Riviera, where I am sure everyone is clean and pure
    Disclaimer: Just a beginner who knows nothing about nothing

3 members found this post helpful.

Brings back memories when you all started posting the banned authors. Found one:

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...NED-TO-THIS-BB

Default Bar.ka

I started a thread once in Off Course asking what bar.ka was because so many people had it in the sig line, like "friend of bar.ka." Well, word got out and all the "friends" started posting, the haters chimed in, and it was closed before I could turn around. I had no idea and thought bar.ka was a rescue or something.

The humorous alters like her and Pocket Trainer were all before my time. It sounds like maybe there was some kind of a crack down on that sort of thing.
    A helmet saved my life.

2014 goal: learn to ride like TheHorseProblem, er, a barn rat!

1 members found this post helpful.

I had not put together caballero as mildot. But I disliked both, and now I know why. Dredging up the Colin thread brings back some memories. So much around here really is the same old thing, with different players, isn't it?

Since we are riding the way back machine, what ever happened to Snowbird Acres? (Or just Snowbird???)
    http://www.tbhsa.com/index.html

Originally Posted by JSwan
    I love feral children. They taste like chicken.

Was there a poster called Donkeyman, or something like that?

Snowbird also passed away someone posted a nice memorial thread about her.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Bar.ka banned??? Goodness WHY??????????????

from sunridge1:Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.it is going to be good until the last drop!Eleneswell, the open trail begged to be used. D Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by horsepoor View Post
    Dredging up the Colin thread brings back some memories. So much around here really is the same old thing, with different players, isn't it?
    Very true.

Think of how much has changed in the world in the last decade, but some of the exact same conversations take place on the BB.

Quote Originally Posted by showidaho View Post
    This is when you wish the mods would join the discussion...Sometimes I wonder what they think!
    This has turned kind of fun looking back and remembering good and bad. But, no, we don't need to know who the mods are and what they think. That's what happened to Erin.

She did not hide her identity and participated as a regular poster on Eventing. It got so bad she was afraid some would make good on their threats to show up on her doorstep. Mods have stayed anonymous for the most part ever since and rarely participate even if at least one is no great secret.

That reminds me, I was once suspended by Erin for a week for responding with something not horse related-but it was. She rescinded and apologized. Even CBoylen got one, something about an engagement ring on a PV support trainwreck.

Erin did come back on to say hello a few times. I think poor Colin got into mega trouble at work for posting on her company computers at work after she moved to Salt Lake. Heard from her privately a few times but not for a very long time now.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

2 members found this post helpful.

It is my belief that some of the mods have regular COTH names and post under them, then they log in under their MOD names to make corrections.

They seem to do a good job staying neutral and I certainly wouldn't want anyone to go through the harrasement that Erin went through. Anyone who thinks that calling someone's real life job and asking for them to be fired because they reprimanded someone on a BB is NUTS.

2 members found this post helpful.

Wow! I missed the whole Erin thing...Yikes!

I think the Erin thing really culminated when she shut down the Sport Horse Breeding forum when they sort of went over the top with advertising, seems to me somebody over there was the one who called COTH and demanded she be fired as well as threatening to go to her house. It did get kind of scary.

That did lead the banned to form another board as well as something called The Manure Pile you had to be invited to join-they had/have a forum called The Litter Box where they trashed threads and posters on COTH. It was fun for 20 minutes but got old reading ongoing feuds and name calling back and forth between the same 10 people.

I like it here better and don't go elsewhere, don't like Facebook much either.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by supershorty628 View Post
    Didn't that Caylei girl get banned too?
    I think you're right. IIRC, she came back under a different name at one point and I think learned to behave

Quote Originally Posted by ldaziens View Post
    How did I miss that? In a strange way, that is similar to the one that won't be named -- having the ability to come up with a completely random & improbable explanation and refusing to own up to the obvious. To both of them I would say, "Whatever. Jesus knows what you did."

I'm over in Bay Saint Louis, but I watch the WDSU New Orleans news every night and am just in awe w/ my jaw on the floor - every single night.

However, in defense of my post, it was picking on the FEDS who are supposed to be prosecuting the corrupt locals; but they are a hot mess, too.

And, just so you don't feel bad; my understanding is that Mississippi is actually the MOST corrupt state. I'm from the Redneck Riviera, where I am sure everyone is clean and pure
    Just moved back to NOLA from Mississippi. 'sippi has its upsides! My family has a house in Pass Christian. Spent many wonderful summers there!

Here's the link to the story:

http://www.wdsu.com/news/investigati...e/-/index.html

The wife ended up winning the city council seat... Gotta love NOLA.

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    Snowbird also passed away someone posted a nice memorial thread about her.
    Oh my gosh, I had no idea. She was so lovely to me when I was a kid who knew nothing.
    http://www.tbhsa.com/index.html

Originally Posted by JSwan
    I love feral children. They taste like chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by MyGiantPony View Post
    Oh my gosh, I had no idea. She was so lovely to me when I was a kid who knew nothing.
    She was a wonderful person and touched an awful lot of people in this area.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

REALLY? Snowbird was a wonderful person? Grew up riding there for 20 years, still close with the daughters, and still live in the area. i could say a lot of things, but wonderful, maybe not. and neither could her daughter, at her funeral.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleycane View Post
    Bar.ka banned??? Goodness WHY??????????????

For posting someone's real name. so. no.t. fun.ny.

10 members found this post helpful.

I remember Ambrey as someone whom I could not believe was banned. The main thing about her was that she seemed to post questions to which she already thought she knew the answer, and would thus try to steer the replies towards her point of view. I think that would have been annoying to those who tried to really provide thought out answers to her questions. Seems like it would have been better for her to hash things out with fellow boarders at her barn. But her meanderings didn't seem ban-worth, unless I missed something.

Who was the lady who had the TB that attacked her when she tried to feed it...and had the sort of big son who was "training" it? She was entertaining!
    Only part of me worries...the other part doesn't believe in it.
    Wings of Desire