The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

This is when you wish the mods would join the discussion...Sometimes I wonder what they think!

1 members found this post helpful.

Yes, COUNTY!!! I was confusing them!
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Quote Originally Posted by cloudyandcallie View Post
    ...And we worked in the same office in Atlanta. No turning her off there, except when I'd be called to help her in court. TV cameras actually left her courtroom due to the arguing and fighting...........no not witnesses, but Nancy and defense lawyers. Oh wait, Nancy is rich and I'm not. so her method of trying cases by ranting was obviously better that mine.
    On a related note -
    My understanding is that there is a lawyer involved, and I keep wondering what kind of lawyer would let his client continue to engage in this behavior - which is really professional & social suicide. I guess a client who is off the chain and having an ongoing public meltdown is lucrative - all those billable hours cleaning up the mess / threatening to sue people, but I sure couldn't do that job and sleep at night. To a degree it seems like enabling / encouraging the train wreck meltdown behavior??? I guess that's why I am not a lawyer ;p.
    Disclaimer: Just a beginner who knows nothing about nothing

2 members found this post helpful.

You get banned when you call the Mods really ugly names to their 'faces' in PMs. That's an invitation to get booted. That was Thomas' downfall. Don't cry for Thomas- he asked for it. And then turned around and got kicked off The Mane Street, too. The common denominator? Thomas.

County died- I don't recall him being banned?
    Mildot was just a straight up gun nut wing nut. Welcome to Connecticut
    Ambrey was harmless but failed to comprehend her own inability to comprehend. That'll do you in after you drive an entire board to distraction and repeatedly drag threads into waitbutwhataboutme moments. I can think of a few posters now doing a jam up interpretative Ambrey dance. Jam Up.

The best are those who vanish on the tail of a single, long, tail bone and then resurface sometime later under a new name. It's too simple, really, how adventurous they become in padronizing the establishment, jumping on the bandwagon with a new, high performance name.

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine View Post
    Mildot was just a straight up gun nut wing nut. Welcome to Connecticut
    Was Mildot from Connecticut?? If so, I'm much more concerned in retrospect. I imagined him out west somewhere with no neighbors for 100 miles.

6 members found this post helpful.

Katarine, I do believe, you are spot on... lol.

Don't think County got banned, sadly died, on Thanksgiving or something? Holiday season, IIRC, sad really.

And Ambrey, yes, agree on driving COTH to distraction.... She posted Way. Too Much. How did anyone have that many hours in the day?
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.

I know one poster, who seems to be a very nice woman, who told me she stayed off of coth for 6 months when Thomas1 chewed her out. She said she cried,and her husband finally said not to let someone on the internet bully her. And she lived pretty near where Thomas1 lives. Yet when he was banned, that poster actually took up for Thomas1. Which makes her a very nice, but sensitive, person.

i think katarine was pretty spot on on her assessment of the bannings of some cothers.

I know that when you do cross some of the coth favorites, even when you are correct, you get flamed. but eventually, people find out that you do know what you are talking about. I've seem a good number of bannings since I joined coth. I think most of them were justified, although I think Ambrey was pushed into getting banned, based upon what I read on TOB.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudyandcallie;
    ...It's hard not to use the same phrases and terms and expressions when you are accustomed to doing so...
    I'm not an internet expert, not even a little bit, so people tell me they can create an alter when banned, by using a different computer and therefore having a different IP address? But as they say, a leopard cannot change his spots, corny phrase, but a poster cannot change his/her manner and phrases and wording and way of posting...
    THIS. Forensic Linguistics. There was just a big old scandal at the U.S. Attorney's Office in New Orleans, because prosecutors were going online and commenting about ongoing cases. One of there targets hired a forensic linguistics expert (and former FBI agent) who was able to determine the identities of the posters.

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.s...announces.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/07/us...igns.html?_r=0

Using a VPN is a smart thing to do for security. COTH moderators aren't the only people who can track IP addresses ; )
    Disclaimer: Just a beginner who knows nothing about nothing

Yes, I did not remember the NO case, but I now remember reading it in the NYTimes. I was a prosecutor for over 28 yrs, but did not have time for the internet, much less commenting on cases. Besides, we did everything out in the open, on camera, in Atlanta.

When, oh I forget the name, cabsllero? was it? Was posting on a thread I asked someone if that was mildot. Apparently it was as cabsllero, if I got that right, was banned.

It's hard not to slip up when you are an alter. But alters are allowed as long as you aren't banned. Which makes the secret santa threads fun, and the helping out of people on off topic a good thing if you want to be anonymous.

Quote Originally Posted by MHM View Post
    Was Mildot from Connecticut?? If so, I'm much more concerned in retrospect. I imagined him out west somewhere with no neighbors for 100 miles.
    LOL. Yup, scary.

Quote Originally Posted by MHM View Post

No, I believe he was from Ohio. That guy was a freakshow. In both his incarnations.
    According to the Mayan calendar, the world will not end this week. Please plan your life accordingly.

6 members found this post helpful.

Caballero was mildot? That explains a lot.
    A helmet saved my life.

2014 goal: learn to ride like TheHorseProblem, er, a barn rat!

I obviously have not been paying attention that much, because while I remember Colin very well, I have no idea who Mildot is. Will have to search for their name.

And IIRC, was all the Aefvue Farms stuff about Erin's departure? I never quite got that or the "friends /w Barka" references.

Barka is unrelated to banning. That's someone's alter (I think at one point I knew but now I forget, Coreene?!) I lot of people found it hilariously funny. Lots of jokes in slang talk, referring to boobs as "peaches." It was one of those "humor" alters like Aunt Ester's purse etc.

IIRC Aefvue was a bunch of people all in on some inside joke where they took roles on a farm and then added that to their user names. I no longer have any recollection of why or when.
    ~Veronica

Quote Originally Posted by ldaziens View Post
    THIS. Forensic Linguistics. There was just a big old scandal at the U.S. Attorney's Office in New Orleans, because prosecutors were going online and commenting about ongoing cases. One of there targets hired a forensic linguistics expert (and former FBI agent) who was able to determine the identities of the posters.

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.s...announces.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/07/us...igns.html?_r=0

Using a VPN is a smart thing to do for security. COTH moderators aren't the only people who can track IP addresses ; )

Thank you for dragging my city/state's corrupt politics into this.
    My favorite story that's come up recently (ya know, besides our most recent ex-mayor being charged with 21 counts of bribery, extortion, etc.):

The husband of an at the time a candidate for the NO City Council seat, who is an assistant city attorney, dropped a loose marijuana joint. It just fell out of his pocket. Like.. What? I still can't get over this. He claims it was "for a client".

I guess stupidity really ain't rare.

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    Barka is unrelated to banning. That's someone's alter (I think at one point I knew but now I forget, Coreene?!) I lot of people found it hilariously funny. Lots of jokes in slang talk, referring to boobs as "peaches." It was one of those "humor" alters like Aunt Ester's purse etc.

IIRC Aefvue was a bunch of people all in on some inside joke where they took roles on a farm and then added that to their user names. I no longer have any recollection of why or when.
    Thongpends, dead prairie dogs, and Barka was/is NOT Coreene!
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
    W. C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by lrp1106 View Post
    The husband of an at the time a candidate for the NO City Council seat, who is an assistant city attorney, dropped a loose marijuana joint. It just fell out of his pocket. Like.. What? I still can't get over this. He claims it was "for a client".
    Didn't Paris Hilton try a similar line a few years ago? The drugs were in her "friend's purse," which she had picked up "by mistake."

Quote Originally Posted by katarine View Post
    You get banned when you call the Mods really ugly names to their 'faces' in PMs. That's an invitation to get booted. That was Thomas' downfall. Don't cry for Thomas- he asked for it. And then turned around and got kicked off The Mane Street, too. The common denominator? Thomas.

County died- I don't recall him being banned?
    yep, and I wouldn't count County amongst the trolls. Maybe he was an opinionated annoying "I'm always right" kind of poster, but I don't think he ever intended to be a "troll" and somehow I think his IQ was far superior to one of an average troll.
    Last edited by MILOUTE55; Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:28 AM. Reason: spelling

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Eye in the Sky View Post
    Thongpends, dead prairie dogs, and Barka was/is NOT Coreene!
    It's some loooooooongtime poster. I knew at some point. Wait, not Coreene, she's Aunt Ester. It's the poster with a couple of pinto horses. I am totally blanking on her name. I am bad with names tonight?!
    ~Veronica

Tidy Rabbit!
    ~Veronica