The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Why is any of you getting amped up to have Mandarino banned or asking her to leave or suggesting that COTH isn't moderating this forum well?

EM hates COTH but keeps posting here. Ergo, it can't be all bad.

You guys read and post sometimes and jack up the google analytics on this website.

COTH charges its advertisers accordingly. They get to decide when some kind of injury to their enterprise has been done. If harm is done to you, *you* get to ask COTH to moderate better. (But you can, of course, not post here and not contribute to the financial success of something you don't like, too.)

As far as I can tell, everyone posting to say that they are quite unhappy with COTH's role in this is, in fact, happy.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

5 members found this post helpful.

EM STOP!!! You could have a video of someone killing your animal and these people would still blame you! They don't care if you did or didn't do anything wrong, they don't like you and wont stop. The are taking out their own shortcomings and miserable existences on you. The truth is meaningless to these people. The posts on Diva are CYA? Videos not about you and the disclaimers? PLEASE. What are you doing behind the scenes. They must be scared.

If the description of horseynj is correct then it's probably a person (or people?) you know that is/are obsessed with you and wants revenge for something you did to them (or her husband) but could care less about your horse. But I bet the poster is totally giving you misdirection, the 15 bullet point post looks like it was written by an educated person trying to dumb it down. In either way, horseynj and EM, stay off the internet. Horseynj if your videos aren't about EM call her and tell her who you are and work it out among yourselves. Otherwise SHUT UP all of you!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kryswyn View Post
    A word graph of my opinion of Elizabeth Mandarino and Amber Hill Farm:

Announcement of Young Rider/BoPeep showing opportunity: 100% positive.

Announcement of Winner of above: 100% positive.

Learning of actual outcome of the above: 60% positive. Because really, maybe the rider was just too young for the opportunity. These things happen.

Learning what actually occurred from people who had inside knowledge: 60% NEGATIVE My source had no dog in the fight, no reason to lie.

Killing Humble. 100% NEGATIVE Right up there with Barney Ward in my mind. People's greed = dead horses.

I can see McLain giving Emma advice on how to survive in the business despite her mother. She's a talented kid; I hope she makes it her career, if that's what she wants.

As for Bo Peep, there are two sides to every story. The little girl was doing really well, despite that I felt and discussed with mother her too high expectations in regard to the child, until she was wined and dined by another trainer who I would never let my pony go with. I sent a pony to this particular trainer on trial (not my pony) against my better judgement, but it was a friends pony and thats what they wanted and it came back so body sore that I shared my concerns with the mother about training with this trainer. FYI... this was the second of third trainer the mother had gone through and was suckered into buying a pony that was qualified at pony finals that the child could not ride and chucked another quite good rider into the jumps. I explained to the mother that Bo Peep needed time off and after a month of training with this said trainer, the child hit Bo Peep in the ring with a crop multiple times on the neck to which I told the mother and child that that was not only against USEF rules but would not be tolerated. Bo Peep had never been hit with a crop as she does not need to be. Thank god Bo Peep did not go to this trainer as good knows what would have happened to her in that month. After being hit mulitple times in the ring and run off her feet to the jumps and chipping, Bo Peep had enough and would not go near a jump. My daughter got on her as it was a red/blue round, and fell off her for one of the only times ever and then did another blue/red round, got her around patting Bo Peep and assuring her all way around the ring telling her it was ok. Bo Peep then was given time off to forget her horrible experience and my daughter has given her back her confidence again and she is as good as new. FYI I paid for every meal (including dinners) and housed the mother and child at QHF and this was the thanks I received.

I do not condone my animals being hit by crops nor on the neck against USEF rules. Bo Peep was so tolerant and did not deserve that treatment. The mother also was naive and believed these trainers. Bo Peep was ready to go for pony finals but the mother chose to go and have another child ride her pony who did not jump around.

As for calling me a pony killer... unless you have proof and can stand behind your statement... i would be very careful. That can not be any farther from the truth and your post is defamatory and harmful. Humble was not right when I arrived that morning and maybe he was bitten by a spider or maybe someone with an axe to grind against me that was there that night did something to him that was not detectable... that was my husbands first thought.. anyone that knew me... knew he was my favorite pony and if they wanted to hurt me and get me back in a very public way.. would that not be the best opportunity.

Its not like this has not happened before...Nora DeToledo did tell me that someone did something to a pony at pony finals to make it test positive when drug tested. The infamous carrot incident.
    Elizabeth Mandarino
    www.amberhillponies.com
    cell 908.397.0977

Quote Originally Posted by Post Trot Jump View Post
    EM STOP!!! You could have a video of someone killing your animal and these people would still blame you! They don't care if you did or didn't do anything wrong, they don't like you and wont stop. The are taking out their own shortcomings and miserable existences on you. The truth is meaningless to these people. The posts on Diva are CYA? Videos not about you and the disclaimers? PLEASE. What are you doing behind the scenes. They must be scared.

If the description of horseynj is correct then it's probably a person (or people?) you know that is/are obsessed with you and wants revenge for something you did to them (or her husband) but could care less about your horse. But I bet the poster is totally giving you misdirection, the 15 bullet point post looks like it was written by an educated person trying to dumb it down. In either way, horseynj and EM, stay off the internet. Horseynj if your videos aren't about EM call her and tell her who you are and work it out among yourselves. Otherwise SHUT UP all of you!!!!!!
    Oooh.. a houseguest!
    Tell your friend(or yourself) to stop drawing attention to herself on the internet. It's really not that difficult. Though we all know that it won't happen..
    EM keeps coming back with bizarre "articles" and rants, and then complains about the negative reaction. For god's sake woman use your brain. STOP.

Seeing someone, with such a disturbed sense of reality, that continues posting here, over and over again, expecting ??????? is exhausting.

7 members found this post helpful.

Wait...wait...wait.... So... am I understanding this correctly.... the xtranormal videos are a form of discrimination against her?? Seriously, I'm confused. My mom has some stories straight from heck about fighting with the civil rights movement in the 60s. That's discrimination. I know of a gentleman, who's gay, got fired from a higher level banking position because the bank didn't think he "represented" the bank appropriately, after being with them since he interned in college and was with them for about a decade. That's discrimination.

Good ol' Amberhill dropped a pony at the end of needle on the crossties at a huge horse show (not that any venue would make it better) and ran like the wind. Since then, she's done NOTHING to help her cause. Nobody is stupid. We've all been around the block enough to know what the score is here. Where's the discrimination?? Weren't they in Gulf Port?? Her farm can still show and was she listed as trainer, without looking it up, right?

Quote Originally Posted by amberhill View Post
    And COTH... stop the feeding frenzy once and for all and start to Moderate this forum properly and not let it be controlled by others.
    THIS I'm clear on. Here, let me the 472342184132041743rd person to help you, Amberhill, with this:

LOG OFF THE INTERNET. YOU CREATE YOUR OWN PROBLEMS. EXAMPLE, YOU STARTED THIS THREAD. NO AMOUNT OF BS SPINNING, ATTEMPTS TO SUE OTHERS INTO SUBMISSION WILL CHANGE THE FACTS. THE PUBLIC ISN'T FULL OF GULLIBLE MORONS.

meh. she won't get it. Okay, until tomorrow, everyone!

10 members found this post helpful.

I thought I had to miss the parade today, but the entertainment appears to have come to me on my couch.
    "Remain relentlessly cheerful."

Graphite/Pastel Portraits

7 members found this post helpful.

Enough already!!!

Reported!
    Some riders change their horse, they change their saddle, they change their teacher; they never change themselves.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp View Post

As far as I can tell, everyone posting to say that they are quite unhappy with COTH's role in this is, in fact, happy.
    Not everyone.

This is a personal vendetta being played out and COTH has a documented track record of not allowing those to continue.

The whole thing is making a mockery of this board. And I agree she seems to be getting far more leeway than most.

Where else do we opine?
    ExchangeHunterJumper.com
    Now promoting sale horses from North Carolina to the Netherlands. Follow us on Facebook.

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp View Post
    Why is any of you getting amped up to have Mandarino banned or asking her to leave or suggesting that COTH isn't moderating this forum well?

EM hates COTH but keeps posting here. Ergo, it can't be all bad.

You guys read and post sometimes and jack up the google analytics on this website.

COTH charges its advertisers accordingly. They get to decide when some kind of injury to their enterprise has been done. If harm is done to you, *you* get to ask COTH to moderate better. (But you can, of course, not post here and not contribute to the financial success of something you don't like, too.)

Ah yes, the crux of the problem.

To be truthful I only knew a little bit about Humble the pony, not even the pony's name IIRC, but now that we've had two or three threads started and slanging back and forth and comments about thinly veiled name changes I went to the trouble of googling Humble the dead pony and I'm impressed that the story made it to the front page of the NY times - (above the fold). I found it to be an article that read well and seemed clear.

Now since I'm going to post this, that means the thread goes to the top of the page again so if the OP truly wanted to protect her reputation she shouldn't have started it in the first place.

And, if we Cothers really didn't like talking about it we should all sit on our hands and let it slide to the back.

Then the question becomes is the OP able to keep from posting and dragging her business to the top of the page, or not.
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible

3 members found this post helpful.

Ladies, just walk away. I mean really, if you don't reply then there is no reason for this person to post. Just ignor.
    www.tayvalleyfarm.com
    My other home.

4 members found this post helpful.

The Mods may not be at the desk??

Starting a thread , the same as one that was shut down, is usually frowned upon..

3 members found this post helpful.

As for Bo Peep, there are two sides to every story. The little girl was doing really well, despite that I felt and discussed with mother her too high expectations in regard to the child, until she was wined and dined by another trainer who I would never let my pony go with. I sent a pony to this particular trainer on trial (not my pony) against my better judgement, but it was a friends pony and thats what they wanted and it came back so body sore that I shared my concerns with the mother about training with this trainer. FYI... this was the second of third trainer the mother had gone through and was suckered into buying a pony that was qualified at pony finals that the child could not ride and chucked another quite good rider into the jumps. I explained to the mother that Bo Peep needed time off and after a month of training with this said trainer, the child hit Bo Peep in the ring with a crop multiple times on the neck to which I told the mother and child that that was not only against USEF rules but would not be tolerated. Bo Peep had never been hit with a crop as she does not need to be. Thank god Bo Peep did not go to this trainer as good knows what would have happened to her in that month. After being hit mulitple times in the ring and run off her feet to the jumps and chipping, Bo Peep had enough and would not go near a jump. My daughter got on her as it was a red/blue round, and fell off her for one of the only times ever and then did another blue/red round, got her around patting Bo Peep and assuring her all way around the ring telling her it was ok. Bo Peep then was given time off to forget her horrible experience and my daughter has given her back her confidence again and she is as good as new. FYI I paid for every meal (including dinners) and housed the mother and child at QHF and this was the thanks I received.

I do not condone my animals being hit by crops nor on the neck against USEF rules. Bo Peep was so tolerant and did not deserve that treatment. The mother also was naive and believed these trainers. Bo Peep was ready to go for pony finals but the mother chose to go and have another child ride her pony who did not jump around.

As for calling me a pony killer... unless you have proof and can stand behind your statement... i would be very careful. That can not be any farther from the truth and your post is defamatory and harmful. Humble was not right when I arrived that morning and maybe he was bitten by a spider or maybe someone with an axe to grind against me that was there that night did something to him that was not detectable... that was my husbands first thought.. anyone that knew me... knew he was my favorite pony and if they wanted to hurt me and get me back in a very public way.. would that not be the best opportunity.

Its not like tis has not happened before...Nora DeToledo did tell me that someone did something to a pony at pony finals to make it test positive when drug tested. The infamous carrot incident.
    For the record..

2 members found this post helpful.

And the NY times article... its not like Ms. Brayman did not have an axe to grind against me and was cited for drug infractions herself. I was at HITs and she was going to give her green pony banamine and bute (the only reason I knew was because she wanted to borrow it from me and I asked her what the pony had been given.... ooops) until I stopped her telling her it was against the rules... good thing bc her pony was tested the next day and that would have been her second infractions. Oh yes, she is quite a reliable source for the NY Times.
    Elizabeth Mandarino
    www.amberhillponies.com
    cell 908.397.0977

Just to be clear on who can sue whom here. I am not a lawyer but have worked in communications and have been trained on this stuff.

EM complained in another thread that her First Amendment rights allowed her to post on this board. Wrong. The First Amendment does not protect your right to post on a privately owned internet website. The First Amendment ONLY protects you against censorship by the government, which is not happening here.

EM has also complained that statements made about her are defamatory. Please tell her to get in the long line of people losing lawsuits over "defamatory" content on a web forum. The legal bar for proving this is very high. I won't get into particulars as I haven't actually watched the famous videos, but just because something is distasteful doesn't mean it isn't allowed. The Westboro Baptist Church, for example, has been allowed by the Supreme Court to protest the funerals of soldiers. It is VERY DIFFICULT to suppress speech in this country. Unless, of course, you're writing on a privately-owned website as we all are. Then COTH is within its rights to ban whomever it pleases. Why EM hasn't been banned is beyone me, but I have to admit I am enjoying this sad little sideshow.

29 members found this post helpful.

There are so many levels of crazy with this wacky wannabe and her houseguest, that its just sad.

6 members found this post helpful.

Discrimination?! Granted, I haven't watched hnj's xtranormal videos in a while, but IIRC there was nothing on there that was racist/sexist/etc. And since s/he specifically stated that they are a work of fiction and any perceived similairity to real persons/events is coincidence, good luck with taking that to trial. It's called freedom of speech.

And I'm still gobsmacked over the fact that EM keeps threatening lawsuits over people saying she killed her pony, when she recently made some pretty serious accusations about the whole "bee sting incident." Maybe being on the other end of a lawsuit would be exhilerating for her? Goodness knows the Gates have enough $$$$. Then again, they also have class, plus way more important things to do than trolling COTH and threatening to sue everyone.

2 members found this post helpful.

Its not like this has not happened before...Nora DeToledo did tell me that someone did something to a pony at pony finals to make it test positive when drug tested. The infamous carrot incident.
    So now it isn't the lung disease?

11 members found this post helpful.

I have often heard people say that Taylor Swift should write a song called "Maybe I'm The Problem". You should listen to this song, Ms. Mandarino...

6 members found this post helpful.

Reasons many others have been banned from here:

Arguing endlessly on the same subjects
    Getting multiple threads locked
    Restarting topics that were locked
    Threatening Coth
    Accusing others without proof
    Dragging arguments from other BB there
    Being purposely inflamatory repeatedly
    Having houseguests

And FTR: having a house dropped on you means to get banned...it's a euphemism. It's not a threat of any type, not to mention no terrorist has ever made any house dropping threats ever. It's merely common internet lingo.
    Thinking someone really wants to drop a house on you or put you in a choke chain or whatever nonsense you come up with next is the same as thinking the LOLCats actually can talk.
    Please consider consulting with any of your attorneys before posting...not just for legal help but also for understanding the written English language. You seem to have serious issues with that.
    Still wondering how you're still on here...maybe let go of the short hairs a bit because this BB has banned tons of others for doing 1/10 of the crap you pull on here.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

16 members found this post helpful.

As for calling you a pony killer, according to the police report that you made, you admitted to killing the pony. The report is a public record http://www.ratemyhorsepro.com/news/m...nys-death.aspx
    "Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?" Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    Rainy: http://tinyurl.com/kj7x53c
    Stash: http://tinyurl.com/mmm3p4e

15 members found this post helpful.