The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Quote Originally Posted by amberhill View Post
    s a result of the false accusations on the internet as the internet was running amuck.
    False accusations? So you'd say it's false that you injected your pony with an unknown substance, it died within minutes, and you left the show? Hmm.. interesting.

6 members found this post helpful.

Yes it does and there have been horrible things said about her which were deleted by COTH and things said about her on other sites. One mother even falsely called child services.
    Sorry you daughter has had to go through any of this. Loosing a pony in the barn was bad enough but you are not helping her! You comments are all over the place and so many people are asking more questions now especially about drug use and you are not answering them, you are detouring the conversation to your daughter.

This is really awful.
    If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.

10 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by gumshoe View Post
    The police report is not meant to "correctly reflect what occurred".

The police report in this type of circumstance would merely reflect what you told them.
    No that is incorrect... compare the two reports and you will understand. All your speculation is incorrect.
    Elizabeth Mandarino
    www.amberhillponies.com
    cell 908.397.0977

Quote Originally Posted by iEquitate View Post
    False accusations? So you'd say it's false that you injected your pony with an unknown substance, it died within minutes, and you left the show? Hmm.. interesting.
    All speculation... that is not what happened.
    Elizabeth Mandarino
    www.amberhillponies.com
    cell 908.397.0977

Quote Originally Posted by EML1960 View Post
    Let's all please stop this nonsense and not fuel this fire! Unless anyone was there at Devon or on their property or whatever forum members shouldn't speak about what did or did not happen and honestly it's been hashed out so many times before...Children read this forum, we are all behaving like them... Let's all put this to rest ... It's Sunday night, there is good TV on - which is harmless!
    I agree... speculation without knowing all of the facts is a exercise of futility.
    Elizabeth Mandarino
    www.amberhillponies.com
    cell 908.397.0977

Wow. So which part did not happen?

1. Did you inject the pony with a substance?
    2. Did the pony die minutes after the injection?
    3. Did you leave the show after the pony died?
    Triple J Ranch Sporthorses
    www.triplejsporthorse.com
    Member - OMGiH I LOFF my mare(s) clique

12 members found this post helpful.

All speculation... that is not what happened.
    So what of that didn't happen? You've fully admitted that you injected the pony with something. I think we all know it died. You've also admitted to leaving the show. It's not speculation, these are all things you've admitted; this is what happens when you start these threads, lawsuits, police reports, etc.

9 members found this post helpful.

I guess the question is , when was the report corrected? After, you had the autopsy report.

2 members found this post helpful.

And which substance. "Preventive approved by vet" is not really an answer. What preventive needed to be given to this pony right before it went into the arena, exactly?

8 members found this post helpful.

Since the mods are clearly away, trying to enjoy a Sunday evening, thinking they shut down 1 amberhill rambling thread, SURELY she won't start another on the same topic.....

Don't take the bait and comment on the poor child. She only brings her up to bait all of you into commenting to on her attempting to probably create ammo for her next lolsuit she wants to file. Smdh. We all feel for her. We all know she has talent. We don't need to mix her into this shitshow, even if its in support of her (and her alone).

2 members found this post helpful.

No I thought I hit his carotid until the pathologist called me when he was in the middle of the necropsy. You are making assumptions that you know all of the facts when you do not. I merely stated the necropsy confirmed that carotid was not involved. Very different. This is why internet speculation is so harmful.

First, I have never heard of a veterinary pathologist calling anyone in the middle of a necropsy.

Second, the only facts I have are those YOU are writing here! You should read what you write or figure out how to be more clear.

This is NOT internet speculation you said i thought I hit Humble's carotid referencing other posters saying you admitted to killing Humble in the police report.

I feel very sorry for you because you just don't see the damage you are doing to yourself and your business.
    If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ponypappy View Post
    I guess the question is , when was the report corrected? After, you had the autopsy report.
    The police report was corrected when we read it and it was stated incorrectly.

This has all been discussed over and over and there was no wrongdoing. I try and be forthcoming and this forum just continues to twist words. If something was awry, the temporary suspension would not have been lifted and the Hearing Committee would not have dismissed ALL charges and based on your baseless speculation I would be in jail.... I have NEVER had a positive drug test in over 10 years and I have NEVER used a USEF BANNED SUBSTANCE at a USEF sanction competition on any animals under my custody and control. I also have NEVER USED Carolina's Gold. I have signed a sworn affidavit to this effect and given that I have had a child die I would NEVER put my child NOR any other child in harms way. PERIOD. Any statements to the contrary are false and malicious.
    Elizabeth Mandarino
    www.amberhillponies.com
    cell 908.397.0977

I am not speculating about anything. I'm sorry that you don't understand what I am saying but I don't know how to make it any more clear.

Have yourself a fantastic evening.

No that is incorrect... compare the two reports and you will understand. All your speculation is incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndyrgal View Post
    AmberHill,

Here is a completely free piece of "you don't have to pay your lawyers for" advice.

Regardless of who, how and why, a pony in your care, custody and control, died in a very public place and everyone knows. Even if you were/are totally innocent of any wrongdoing, your single biggest mistake, in fact, the mistake you keep making over and over again, is... wait for it........

Opening your mouth and/or posting things in your defence. You see, dear, it would be different if you understood the position of the others, or if you had a very good, really convincing, concise argument.

You don't. Every thing you utter, be it verbally or worse, on the internet in print for posterity, makes you look like a guilty fool at the least of it, boarderline crazy and paranoid most of the time.

What everyone is trying to tell you, and no one is getting through is the following.

#1. You did a bad thing. Whether you think so or not 99% of people made up their minds of that the second that pony hit the ground. No matter what you say, do, or sue, you cannot EVER change that perception. There are still people who think AT was responsible for Le S's death, God rest her soul. And she was about a million times better horseman than you could ever hope to be. You cannot fix it. Ever.

#2 Everyone thinks your daughter is a damn talented kid in spite of you. There is one very important thing every teen or pre teen daughter wants from her mother. It's for her mother to not embarrass her in public and ruin her life.

The best thing you could do for her, really, is stay very very quietly out of the spotlight. Make sure she has a couple of nice ponies to ride and a couple of friends whose parents aren't scared to hang out with you, try not to overshow the buggers because, you care about the year end stuff, if she's honest, she doesn't so much, she just loves her ponies.

For the next few years (or decades) give every horse/pony in your care the following things, only:

Hay
    Oats
    Water
    Turn out
    Time off
    Love

If you do the above, keep your nose clean and your mouth shut, you will be successful.

Perhaps by the time your grandchildren are ready for their ponies, if you are quiet and well behaved, we'll all be old and no one will care.

AMEN.
    Watermark aka "Cleo" - 5 year old Warmblood cross
    Foxtrot aka "Raven" - 5 year old Hanoverian
    Simon Says aka "Sprout" - 4 year old Welsh pony
    Canadian Eh

3 members found this post helpful.

6 members found this post helpful.

Ms. Mandarino,

I can well imagine that this whole thing has been stressful for you and your family. I still don't really know what you hope to gain from continuing on the path you are on. Honestly, in life, you can't control what others say or think of you. You can only control who you are and what you think of yourself. I guess what I'm saying is, why spend so much time and energy focusing on a NY Times article, etc. that you assert is false? Fighting in general, and lawsuits in particular, will suck the life out of a person and turn a person into an embittered, unsettled soul. What I was kind of getting at in my prior post was that, hey, people are going to think whatever they are going to think. Don't let it define who you are, and more importantly, don't let it define who you become. What matters is what you think of yourself - the rest will follow and fall into place. Rise above this and encourage your daughter to do the same. It's a healthy step to take, and part of being human.

13 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie locks View Post
    First, I have never heard of a veterinary pathologist calling anyone in the middle of a necropsy.

Second, the only facts I have are those YOU are writing here! You should read what you write or figure out how to be more clear.

This is NOT internet speculation you said i thought I hit Humble's carotid referencing other posters saying you admitted to killing Humble in the police report.

I feel very sorry for you because you just don't see the damage you are doing to yourself and your business.
    I was called by the pathologist because of the emerging lung disease that was found and asked if Humble showed any symptoms which in hind sight he did. I did think I hit his carotid as there was NO OTHER EXPLANATION for his death until the pathologist called and explained his findings. Regardless, it did not make me feel any better about losing a pony I loved so dearly.
    Elizabeth Mandarino
    www.amberhillponies.com
    cell 908.397.0977

The police report was corrected when we read it and it was stated incorrectly.
    Okay lets start from the top, WHAT WAS stated incorrectly?

That you admitted to killing Humble by hitting his carotid? Because that is what is in the article and police report.

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/14264860/come-to-jesus

i have to admit to a distasteful attraction to this train wreck. i feel compelled to comment. so i will post this link as a reminder of the true nature of this insanity, and in future when i am unable to resist scratching this itch i will just post a row of asterisks with an appropriate emoticon.

13 members found this post helpful.