The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Ms. Mandarino,

I hope you will read this in the spirit in which it is intended, which is the spirit of kindness and understanding towards a person who is clearly suffering. Whatever happened to Humble, I am quite sure you did not intend to kill him. No one would intentionally kill a pony at pony finals via injection. It is quite possible that you are really the only person on this Earth who knows whether you did anything wrong or not to cause his death. My advice to you is this: make peace with yourself about what happened. If you did something wrong that resulted in his death, admit that to yourself, forgive yourself, vow to do better in the future, and move on with your life having learned a painful lesson. If you did nothing wrong, know THAT in your heart, stop worrying about others, and move on in your life with your head held high.

But I would really encourage you - for your own sake - to find some way to let go of this horrible situation and move on. Find some way to stop coming back here and stirring things up again when most everyone would be happy to move on to other things and stop focusing on you.

Is this really how you want to spend your life? Arguing with people on an Internet forum? Wouldn't you feel better moving forward, away from the past, and enjoying your time and your life with your daughter?

At some point, the only place you can really look for peace is within yourself. I hope that you can find that. I really encourage you not to waste your life on this. Our time here is so short, really. I wish you the best.

37 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by fair judy View Post
    Just to clarify for the record, Mama Mandarino, which police took your false report of a fire/possible arson? was that your NJ property or the florida one?

BTW i never had that little conversation with tucker ESQ. what gives?
    false report... well i have the report and the fire engines were at my farm. Have pics also. I wasnt even in the state when it happened.

not sure what convo you are speaking of?
    Elizabeth Mandarino
    www.amberhillponies.com
    cell 908.397.0977

Quote Originally Posted by Kenike View Post
    She must have a noose around COTH's neck. If any of the rest of us kept acting this way, to include what comes across as a threat to COTH, we'd have been banned a LONG time ago.
    A smart move by COTH. EM is generating a ton of page views/ad impressions for COTH advertisers.

2 members found this post helpful.

There is somewhat of a difference in a young novice rider tapping an animal with a stick on the neck and what the rule was written for, the upper level rider hauling off and beating one on the head and neck. Though we certainly penalize a young rider for tapping a pony on the neck, they generally do it because they have little security of position and can't take their hands off the reins to reach behind the saddle. Not sure of what the Bo Peep situation was, but lets not assume that the child was bashing her over the head. If I am wrong, I stand corrected. This rule came into effect as i recall sometime in the 90's as serious sponsors were being sought, PETA was showing up ath the shows and nobody wanted the bad press. I think a tap on the neck as against USEF rules is overstating the purpose of the rule in general. If that were the case, many short stirrup riders would be eliminated on a regular basis. And actually, Liz, I think if you look at the stats many of the threads that you start get a lot of traction. So again, I say thank you :-)
    www.midatlanticeq.com
    Mid-Atlantic Equitation Festival,Scholarships and College Fair
    November 14-16, 2014

6 members found this post helpful.

Haven't said a word but I will say something to amber hill

I actually was on your website looking at ponies the other day. I had NO ideas about all this craziness. I just googled ponies for sale and saw your site. I looked saw some cute, nice ponies but YOU have brought all this to my attention on this BB. I would have never known all this drama if it wasn't for this and you are not making yourself look better. As someone that has no dog in this fight and knew nothing about this just reading your post, which are confusing, you put a bad taste in my mouth not these posters. I would suggest letting all this go away quietly and not keep bringing it up over and over because you are bringing it to attention to others when you keep on. Others, like myself, that knew none of this.

I will ask though, what drugs did you give the pony? What did the pony have to have? I don't have to give my horses any injections at or before a show so I'm curious to what this pony had to have to be able to show?
    Horses aren't our whole life, but makes our life whole

12 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by FineAlready View Post
    Ms. Mandarino,

I hope you will read this in the spirit in which it is intended, which is the spirit of kindness and understanding towards a person who is clearly suffering. Whatever happened to Humble, I am quite sure you did not intend to kill him. No one would intentionally kill a pony at pony finals via injection. It is quite possible that you are really the only person on this Earth who knows whether you did anything wrong or not to cause his death. My advice to you is this: make peace with yourself about what happened. If you did something wrong that resulted in his death, admit that to yourself, forgive yourself, vow to do better in the future, and move on with your life having learned a painful lesson. If you did nothing wrong, know THAT in your heart, stop worrying about others, and move on in your life with your head held high.

But I would really encourage you - for your own sake - to find some way to let go of this horrible situation and move on. Find some way to stop coming back here and stirring things up again when most everyone would be happy to move on to other things and stop focusing on you.

Is this really how you want to spend your life? Arguing with people on an Internet forum? Wouldn't you feel better moving forward, away from the past, and enjoying your time and your life with your daughter?

At some point, the only place you can really look for peace is within yourself. I hope that you can find that. I really encourage you not to waste your life on this. Our time here is so short, really. I wish you the best.
    Thank you for that and I truly appreciate your kind response. I can not find peace with losing a pony I loved like a child but I my daughter and I were in a good place until the false NY Times article was published and a USEF Board member disseminated those vile and discriminatory videos. It is not I who continuously bring it up and I will not sit back idly when it continually resurfaces and effects my family. The posting of those videos by Mr. Phelps upset my daughter greatly so much that she texted her grandfather who ended up in the hospital and she experienced a panic attack which she had never experienced before. I am fiercely protective of my family and can not allow people to be so malicious and hurtful. I hope my efforts help others so that at least some good will come out of this.
    Elizabeth Mandarino
    www.amberhillponies.com
    cell 908.397.0977

So to summarize the last 7 pages.....
    EM is right. Everyone else is wrong.
    Point Finale.

9 members found this post helpful.

You know, when I start getting irritated by the drama in the Arabian horse show world, I can come onto the COTH H/J forum and feel instantly better... EM, the best thing you can possibly do for yourself is move on and continue onward while making as few waves as humanly possible. When you move on quietly, you don't add fuel to a raging forest fire. What you're doing right now is the equivalent of driving a fuel tanker into the middle of an inferno. It's not doing you any favors, and since so much of the horse show world is built on reputation, you would be FAR better served by ignoring the negative, and endeavoring to be the consummate professional. Continued posting is truly doing nothing for you.

Reading this thread has only exacerbated my migraine, so I'm off to try to get rid of it.

2 members found this post helpful.

This thread and the OP has proven one thing to me... You really can't fix stupid
    Who say's your best friend has to be human?

8 members found this post helpful.

So the police changed your statement after the fact? Is that how it works now!

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by rabicon View Post
    Haven't said a word but I will say something to amber hill

I actually was on your website looking at ponies the other day. I had NO ideas about all this craziness. I just googled ponies for sale and saw your site. I looked saw some cute, nice ponies but YOU have brought all this to my attention on this BB. I would have never known all this drama if it wasn't for this and you are not making yourself look better. As someone that has no dog in this fight and knew nothing about this just reading your post, which are confusing, you put a bad taste in my mouth not these posters. I would suggest letting all this go away quietly and not keep bringing it up over and over because you are bringing it to attention to others when you keep on. Others, like myself, that knew none of this.

I will ask though, what drugs did you give the pony? What did the pony have to have? I don't have to give my horses any injections at or before a show so I'm curious to what this pony had to have to be able to show?
    This has all been posted on RMHP but take what they post with a grain of salt as they slant articles and in my opinion target certain individuals.

Any animal I sell or lease is sent on trial to ensure it is a good match for the rider and I as I have many repeat customers because of my matchmaking skills and the authenticity of my ponies, I let the ponies sell themselves and do not use "hard" selling techniques and am very honest about my ponies.

Most of the therapeutic substances I use are preventatives and all are approved by my veterinarians. I am anti-injections and try and give my ponies lots of paddock time with their friends when they are not showing. I am also very particular about where my ponies go. My ponies do not come with a list of instructions.
    Elizabeth Mandarino
    www.amberhillponies.com
    cell 908.397.0977

"I will ask though, what drugs did you give the pony? What did the pony have to have? I don't have to give my horses any injections at or before a show so I'm curious to what this pony had to have to be able to show?"
    Has this ever been answered? Inquiring minds would really like to know!

11 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ponypappy View Post
    So the police changed your statement after the fact? Is that how it works now!
    No, that is not what I said. The police officer taking the report was not familiar with horses and corrected the report to correctly reflect what occurred. Again the police as called as a result of the false accusations on the internet as the internet was running amuck.
    Elizabeth Mandarino
    www.amberhillponies.com
    cell 908.397.0977

Quote Originally Posted by carasmom View Post
    "I will ask though, what drugs did you give the pony? What did the pony have to have? I don't have to give my horses any injections at or before a show so I'm curious to what this pony had to have to be able to show?"
    Has this ever been answered? Inquiring minds would really like to know!
    Asked and answered numerous times.
    Elizabeth Mandarino
    www.amberhillponies.com
    cell 908.397.0977

The police report is not meant to "correctly reflect what occurred".

The police report in this type of circumstance would merely reflect what you told them.

Quote Originally Posted by amberhill View Post
    No, that is not what I said. The police officer taking the report was not familiar with horses and corrected the report to correctly reflect what occurred. Again the police as called as a result of the false accusations on the internet as the internet was running amuck.

11 members found this post helpful.

Thank you Goldie locks, finally someone gets it. Here is where the problem lies.

"injectable drugs for therapeutic needs or under the supervision of a vet."

4 members found this post helpful.

Let's all please stop this nonsense and not fuel this fire! Unless anyone was there at Devon or on their property or whatever forum members shouldn't speak about what did or did not happen and honestly it's been hashed out so many times before...Children read this forum, we are all behaving like them... Let's all put this to rest ... It's Sunday night, there is good TV on - which is harmless!

1 members found this post helpful.

Here is an example of how you are loosing your credibility. You said earlier this

i thought I hit Humble's carotid which I did not which is stated in the necropsy.
    You thought you hit his carotid UNTIL the necropsy which would have been AFTER the police report.

Then you say this

And now it's that the police were not familiar with horses. Do you EM see what you are doing?
    If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennywell Bay View Post
    I can not recall one person on this BB saying one bad thing about your daughter....ever. She is a lovely rider, both on ponies and now- the horses.

I wish we could leave the child out of it, instead of dragging her into the posts. I imagine this whole situation, from Devon to this minute, carries a huge emotional toll on her.
    Yes it does and there have been horrible things said about her which were deleted by COTH and things said about her on other sites. One mother even falsely called child services.
    Elizabeth Mandarino
    www.amberhillponies.com
    cell 908.397.0977

No I thought I hit his carotid until the pathologist called me when he was in the middle of the necropsy. You are making assumptions that you know all of the facts when you do not. I merely stated the necropsy confirmed that carotid was not involved. Very different. This is why internet speculation is so harmful.
    Elizabeth Mandarino
    www.amberhillponies.com
    cell 908.397.0977