The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Interesting based on the conversation about Parra and Van The Man, I just read an article that the combination has been put on the Nations Cup Team. They don't have a GP rider available that isn't involved in multiple court problems. I think that is a SAD day for dressage in the US.

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ponypappy View Post
    Interesting based on the conversation about Parra and Van The Man, I just read an article that the combination has been put on the Nations Cup Team. They don't have a GP rider available that isn't involved in multiple court problems. I think that is a SAD day for dressage in the US.
    Are you an alter for Rate my Horse Pro? A quick look at your posts shows that they are almost exclusively based on reports on their website.
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

1 members found this post helpful.

No, but I am a fan. I like the fact that there reports are backed up by hard facts. I have followed them in another case that I do have personal knowledge . The case of Parra raised some real issues that I have with this industry. There are honest, hard working, ethical people in the equine industry, but they don't have a chance to be successful when the sport encourages and supports the behavior of people like Parra and his organization. If you read and believe 1/2 of what has been charged against him then the sport of Dressage has to take a hard look at what they are allowing to be overlooked. This type of behavior soon becomes the norm, where everybody looks away. Kind of like the abuse of drugging in the hunter/jumper world. I only speak of that because that is my experience. So Carol, I appreciate your interest in me personally but I challenge to be more concerned about what is a sport you must have great interest in based on over 10,000 post.

3 members found this post helpful.

No, but I am a fan. I like the fact that there reports are backed up by hard facts. I have followed them in another case that I do have personal knowledge . The case of Parra raised some real issues that I have with this industry. There are honest, hard working, ethical people in the equine industry, but they don't have a chance to be successful when the sport encourages and supports the behavior of people like Parra and his organization. If you read and believe 1/2 of what has been charged against him then the sport of Dressage has to take a hard look at what they are allowing to be overlooked. This type of behavior soon becomes the norm, where everybody looks away. Kind of like the abuse of drugging in the hunter/jumper world. I only speak of that because that is my experience. So Carol, I appreciate your interest in me personally but I challenge to be more concerned about what is a sport you must have great interest in based on over 10,000 post.
    yes, I do have a lot of posts,on a wide variety of issues.

I've never seen CP and if he is anything at all like his reputation I certainly wouldn't like or defend him. However harping on untrue allegations does nothing to improve the credibility of his detractors
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

2 members found this post helpful.

I saw Galant du Serein quit on Cesar Parra at the World Cup Las Vegas.

The last time I saw Furst Fabio was at Dressage at Devon. The horse was distressed and rebelling and they had to retire from a test.

Some friends tried to watch one of Parra's rides at Devon last year (I opted to stay at the warmup) and the later told me that whatever horse we was riding had stopped and refused to go, and he had to excuse himself.

4 members found this post helpful.

Exclamation Rate My Horse Pro

I originally thought the same thing and I noticed that on their page they said that they welcome news and other relevant information pertaining to horse news. I posted a positive article pertaining to one of the trainers that they had previously posted a negative article about and my post was immediately deleted and I was blocked from posting anything. At first I thought it was a fluke so I asked one of my friends to post the article and the same thing happened to them. So although at first I thought they were an unbiased source It is completely evident that they like to skew the news towards their biased opinions.

Just a warning

6 members found this post helpful.

The GP riders named to our Nations Cup teams are Heather Blitz, Shelly Francis, Susan Dutta and Cesar Parra.

All four of them are involved in "court problems " ?
    -Amor vincit omnia-

Thanks for that information, Dressage 320. I take anything from RMHP with more than a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Helicon View Post
    Some friends tried to watch one of Parra's rides at Devon last year (I opted to stay at the warmup) and the later told me that whatever horse we was riding had stopped and refused to go, and he had to excuse himself.
    It was Van the Man on Sunday. I was there.

Quote Originally Posted by dressage320 View Post
    I originally thought the same thing and I noticed that on their page they said that they welcome news and other relevant information pertaining to horse news. I posted a positive article pertaining to one of the trainers that they had previously posted a negative article about and my post was immediately deleted and I was blocked from posting anything. At first I thought it was a fluke so I asked one of my friends to post the article and the same thing happened to them. So although at first I thought they were an unbiased source It is completely evident that they like to skew the news towards their biased opinions.

Just a warning

[edit],

You were banned for spamming Rate My Horse PRO's FB page with Cesar Parra "stuff."

You previously threatened our FB users through private messages (last year) who were expressing their opinions regarding another Parra article. You told them at that time you were Parra's secretary.

This is all documented.

Additionally, your father [edit] is / was partners in Apex Stables International which was involved in the below lawsuit.

http://www.ratemyhorsepro.com/equine-court/civil-matters/piaffe-performance-inc-and-apex-stables-inc-plaintiffs-vs-everglades-dressage-llc-defendant.aspx

We are a bit biased at Rate My Horse PRO - we stand for integrity and the truth.
    Last edited by Moderator 1; Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:57 AM. Reason: remove another user's real name

14 members found this post helpful.

rATE my horse pro articles appear to be primarilly based on linked court documents so perhaps tend to be more objective and credible than posts from anonymous and clearly biased (both ways) posters on bulletin boards. Your mileage may vary,etc etc

Yes and in spite of dressage 320's denials of being connected with CP, it's very easy to confirm with rudimentary search skills that dressage 320 is the same KS mentioned by RMHP and that she rides with CP. ;-)

4 members found this post helpful.

I shouldn't be snickering. But I am.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

11 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by dressage320 View Post
    I originally thought the same thing and I noticed that on their page they said that they welcome news and other relevant information pertaining to horse news. I posted a positive article pertaining to one of the trainers that they had previously posted a negative article about and my post was immediately deleted and I was blocked from posting anything. At first I thought it was a fluke so I asked one of my friends to post the article and the same thing happened to them. So although at first I thought they were an
    unbiased source It is completely evident that they like to skew the news towards their biased opinions.

Just a warning

dressage 320, you just proved my point.
    Last edited by ponypappy; Apr. 2, 2013 at 03:37 PM.

Y'all realize that continuing to post someone's real name after the mods have gone in and edited it will likely result in the thread being locked, right?

That said, I have trouble believing the poster who claims no connection to RMHP is "just a fan" and do think that RMHP can be selectively negative about individuals who may or may not deserve it. I also think that, even with the mistake in the article linked to start this thread, it's easy enough to draw correct conclusions here, bias or not.
    My horse is a dressage diva so I don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine
    If you have a fat gay horse that likes Parelli, you're really screwed

Netg, Don't make this about me. That is clearly an attempt to deflect from the issue of dressage320's posting. If you are concerned about information being provided inaccurately, then you should be concerned about what was attempted by Parra and his camp. Do you condone allowing young people to be used as pawns for adult trainers. Additionally, there were attacks made on the the rider involved in the incident and online publications. The reason I like RMHP is they provide facts. Making a judgement against the facts is for the courts and the reader. My own judgements are based on reading the facts and are my opinion!

You do realize ponypapy that complaints just contain allegations. They cannot be called facts until the court finds them to be true.

But I do believe that where there is that much smoke, there is usually fire.
    "Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain" ~Friedrich Schiller

ponypappy and dressage 320 = opposite sides of same coin.

7 members found this post helpful.

No crockpot, I am not a liar but it does seem every time someone on Coth makes a statement certain individuals don't agree with then ,they are attacked. If this is what you condone, more power to you.

ponypappy, the smoke you're blowing out your backside is a funny color. Nothing I said was an attack on you, but you are most definitely a suspicious poster with some sort of bias based upon your pattern of posting.

If you paid attention to anything I said you'd realize how little your post in response to me made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Eclectic Horseman View Post
    You do realize ponypapy that complaints just contain allegations. They cannot be called facts until the court finds them to be true.

But I do believe that where there is that much smoke, there is usually fire.
    Yep, RMHP just posts court filings, and it's a fact they've been filed. I have zero problem with that, and agree that even if they aren't true in some cases, when there's THAT much related to one individual I tend to believe at least some of it has basis in actual happenings.
    My horse is a dressage diva so I don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine
    If you have a fat gay horse that likes Parelli, you're really screwed

Ponypappy reminds me of someone. Hmmmm.

Just waiting and observing...