The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mardi View Post
    The GP riders named to our Nations Cup teams are Heather Blitz, Shelly Francis, Susan Dutta and Cesar Parra.

All four of them are involved in "court problems " ?
    Is this a question, or a statement of fact?

And are some of you really insinuating that if something didn't show up on RMHP, it can't possibly be true? Really?

What about - as I have mentioned several times before - the incredibly well known and highly regarded trainer whose sponsor paid $1M to keep another client quiet about the fact that the trainer had defrauded the client in a sale? You will never see that one on RMHP or anywhere else, because it never got into the legal system, the parties involved agreed to never discuss the issue, and other folks who know about it have been intimidated into silence.

So if you folks think CP is the only "scoundrel" in high performance dressage, guess again. The sport is full of them.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by DownYonder View Post
    Is this a question, or a statement of fact?
    I was referring to Ponypappy's post #202:
    "Interesting based on the conversation about Parra and Van The Man, I just read an article that the combination has been put on the Nations Cup Team. They don't have a GP rider available that isn't involved in multiple court problems. I think that is a SAD day for dressage in the US."

My question - All four [GP riders] are involved in "court problems " ? - was directed back to Ponypappy.
    -Amor vincit omnia-

And are some of you really insinuating that if something didn't show up on RMHP, it can't possibly be true? Really?

What about - as I have mentioned several times before - the incredibly well known and highly regarded trainer whose sponsor paid $1M to keep another client quiet about the fact that the trainer had defrauded the client in a sale? You will never see that one on RMHP or anywhere else, because it never got into the legal system, the parties involved agreed to never discuss the issue, and other folks who know about it have been intimidated into silence.

So if you folks think CP is the only "scoundrel" in high performance dressage, guess again. The sport is full of them.
    http://www.eurodressage.com/equestri...issing-million Are you referring to this?

Quote Originally Posted by skydy View Post
    Nope. But that is yet another one...

Both of the horses discussed in the "drama" news are hot and difficult to ride. Casting blame is such an easy thing to do. But that blame making news turns Dressage News into nothing more than a gossip column.

3 members found this post helpful.

I read the article and I am appalled. Please look at the 4th photo. Mr. Braddick states "Unidentified person stopping Van the Man ridden by Cesar Parra from running into another combination after the awards ceremony during the Wellington CDI3* Grand Prix.

Look at the photo! CP is reining the horse back. If anyone thinks the woman with a hand up is going to stop a high performance horse, well, its not going to happen. HP horses among all of that chaos with the Florida wind whipping is a very bad idea on the part of management. It is only through good riding that no one was injured.

http://www.dressage-news.com/?p=20315

Quote Originally Posted by DressageOP View Post
    I read the article and I am appalled. Please look at the 4th photo. Mr. Braddick states "Unidentified person stopping Van the Man ridden by Cesar Parra from running into another combination after the awards ceremony during the Wellington CDI3* Grand Prix.

Look at the photo! CP is reining the horse back. If anyone thinks the woman with a hand up is going to stop a high performance horse, well, its not going to happen. HP horses among all of that chaos with the Florida wind whipping is a very bad idea on the part of management. It is only through good riding that no one was injured.

http://www.dressage-news.com/?p=20315
    Hyperbole abounds.

Also, horse shows must go on despite the wind. Oh and to quote you, "Look at the photo!" There is no wind. Long hair on spectators hanging straight down.

Give it a rest.
    "Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain" ~Friedrich Schiller

1 members found this post helpful.

Look at the photo! CP is reining the horse back. If anyone thinks the woman with a hand up is going to stop a high performance horse, well, its not going to happen.
    HUH? Of course a skilled horseperson can help stop/ stop a horse like this from the ground with enough presence and body language. Otherwise based on that photo in the next frame that woman would have been trampled .

There were no reports of her being trampled ,were there?

Also, no way to know if he's reining back from that photo.

I missed anything which gave that impression. RMHP mostly uses court filings, and while what is alleged in them isn't necessarily true, there are plenty of true scams and inappropriate/illegal actions which take place outside of court filings every day.

I think allegations on RMHP should be taken with a grain of salt because they are only allegations, and in civil suits are definitely written in a way to help the parties filing the suit. At the same time, it's the closest one can get to a fact for a lot of the situations. But as said earlier in the thread - where there's smoke, there's fire, and once one trainer shows up with too many lawsuits against him, even if some are false, that's an AWFUL lot of smoke for there to be no fires...
    My horse is a dressage diva so I don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine
    If you have a fat gay horse that likes Parelli, you're really screwed

© working hunter, I've seen a few really good trainers flattened by trying to stop a horse. And yes, he is reining the horse to stop it from going forward. His seat is dead center of the saddle and he his pulling back on the reins.

@ netg, you might add to your list that horses slam into each other in warm up. Riders are so focused on their interaction with their horses, they don't look where they are sending them. At least we agree on RMHP. Allegations do not make a guilty verdict....but they make for outstanding gossip.

Quote Originally Posted by DressageOP View Post
    @ netg, you might add to your list that horses slam into each other in warm up. Riders are so focused on their interaction with their horses, they don't look where they are sending them. At least we agree on RMHP. Allegations do not make a guilty verdict....but they make for outstanding gossip.
    What list? I have plenty of lists, but none related to CP or RMHP, and none of them have horses bodyslamming each other on them.

I'm so confused by the low count posters on this thread who seem to think they know things where I have absolutely not clue what they're talking about...
    My horse is a dressage diva so I don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine
    If you have a fat gay horse that likes Parelli, you're really screwed

In that photo, everyone nearby had turned to look at Van the Man. Knowing that he can get pretty "disturbed" at times, I wouldn't be surprised if he had gotten a bit wild during the victory round, and was still "up" when exiting the arena. And the horse in front of him while exiting had either stopped dead or come to walk, so Van came close to running into the horse.

Also, as pointed out before, DN stated that CP had caused a ruckus during the warm-up for the GP. The photo they published showed an incident AFTER the awards ceremony. So they used a photo of an unrelated incident to support their insinuation that CP had deliberately tried to rattle Mikala's mare during the warm-up. (And then, because they saw the TD "speak" to CP, made the assumption that she had given him a verbal warning.)

As stated before, it was bad journalism.

Like many other folks, I read DN to get updates on what is going on in the dressage world. But this has really driven home the fact that the DN principal has an agenda, so I now wonder how much of the OTHER DN stories are accurate, and how much are "spin".

7 members found this post helpful.

[QUOTE=DressageOP;6920780

If anyone thinks the woman with a hand up is going to stop a high performance horse, well, its not going to happen. HP horses among all of that chaos with the Florida wind whipping is a very bad idea on the part of management. It is only through good riding that no one was injured.

And again I say "Dressage is about training, right"?
    "I've spent most of my life riding horses. The rest I've just wasted". - Anonymous

Interesting thread from 2007:

Originally Posted by kkj

"Ok Siegi that is a reasonable complaint. Also you are not hiding behind an alias so I don't think you are just coming on here to stir so much. If he is indeed a arena hog, that would annoy me too. There are much worse crimes of course, but at least I can understand the frustration.
    Arena hog, ok I can understand that too. There are definately worse things he could be doing."
    "I've spent most of my life riding horses. The rest I've just wasted". - Anonymous

CFFarm, Thanks for the past perspective. Apparently, this is nothing new. I found the following post interesting:

Regarding Galant, they definitely seemed to be at each other's throats quite a bit. If you watch the video on dressageclinic.com of Hubertus schooling them he probably tells Cesar 20 times to not fight with him.
    I'm sure Cesar will have plently of horses back in his barn in no time.

What is the story of "plenty of horses back in the barn in no time"

Maybe we should have a fund raiser for Caesar's education. I know of some instructors in Germany that would ride right up next to him and lay the whip into the rider, not the horse.

4 members found this post helpful.

See those flying monkeys? They work for me.

Congratulations, to the Parra team they are such great representatives for the US. I appreciate that Dr. Parra is not in the sport for Fame, Money or Ribbons according to his interview with eurodressage.

I don't think Cesar Parra has horns, as his enemies say, and I don't think he's a saintly person who just does it for the love of horses, as his sycophants say. As usual, the truth is somewhere in between. For today, congratulations on a job well done

6 members found this post helpful.