The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

jingling really really loud. I am so close I am sure you can hear them. Please update us. We are worried.

1 members found this post helpful.

worrit worrit worrit

jingle jingle

AO AO

Just got back from the vet. There is swelling in her adbomen. The vet checked for fluid with a needle and nothing came out. But fluid could still be building. We did pull blood to check her counts again.

She stopped eating completely yesterday, so today I cooked her a roast beef in desperation. She ate some of it for me, thank God.

At this point it comes down to quality of life. There have been several times in the last 3 days I thought I would have to euth. I think now every day she is here is a gift.

Some pictures from today when I could get her up and out.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...pse202484a.jpg

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...psff8ff61f.jpg

I just wanted to add a huge THANK YOU to coth for all the support. Sorry to leave guys hanging. I was really hoping to come back on and say it was just my imagination and nerves

Oh cnigh, I'm so very sorry. Hugs to you and Shade. This was my fear when we decided on surgery for Bonnie (15 yr old cocker). Thankfully, she pulled through just fine. Bonnie and I are jingling away!
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

still jingling for you!

Quote Originally Posted by threedogpack View Post
    still jingling for you!
    Me too! This rollercoaster of ups and downs is the WORST! I'm hoping you are on to the straightaway soon.

I'm going to sleep jingling for Shade and you.

Oh cnigh, Im so sorry you are having to go through this. PLEASE ask your vet to get an ultrasound of her. Clearly there is something going on. Ultrasound should be very diagnostic at this point. If you want to continue, I would recommend a second opinion my a boarded internist to get you an answer fast, as many reglar vets have good intentions but have minimal ultrasound training. God, pyometera's suck Jingle jingle jingle.

still jingling loud... (((hugs))) to you.

Thanks Squishthebunny, but a second opinion isn`t necessary. She`s not getting better despite everything we have tried and now we don`t have the $$ to try other options.

There are more things we should have done, like not taking her home and keeping her on fluids for at least another week. But it just wasn`t possible for us.

It was MY choice to bring her home. I knew the risks. Exploritory surgery has been mentioned, but I think it would be cruel at this point. I could have asked for an ultrasound, but didn`t bother. We all know the swelling is a very very bad sign.

I am still praying that she starts getting better. I won`t stop trying until she lets me know its time. It is teariing my heart out, not being able to heal her. She deserves so much better, damn it!

You can only do what you can do.

Pyometras can be tough, our vet used to really dread them.
    Results could be all over the place.
    You could not say what the outcome may be until it was over, no guarantees with them.

Jingling the swelling will resolve yet without complications.
    Thank you for the updates, I know this is extremely hard for you.

I can guarantee you she is much happier at home.

I've been through a similar thing with one of my dogs, it is awful. I felt like I was holding his front paws and death was holding his back paws and we were each trying to pull my dog to our side . . .

You have been doing the very best you can do for Shade, and that's all anyone can do.

Continued Jingles for Shade!

Oh cnigh, my heart is with you and Shade. Still jingling for a recovery, but if that's not possible, let her passing be easy and surrounded by those she loves.

Laura
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

I'm so sorry that your update isn't better. But maybe today will show some improvement - even a little will be a good sign. The fact that she ate some of her yummy roast beef is excellent.

Hang in there, and think positively. We're all jingling extra hard for Shade.

Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    Oh cnigh, my heart is with you and Shade. Still jingling for a recovery, but if that's not possible, let her passing be easy and surrounded by those she loves.

Laura
    My thoughts also. I'm now jingling for a swift answer for you and Shade.

Quote Originally Posted by cnigh View Post
    Thanks Squishthebunny, but a second opinion isn`t necessary. She`s not getting better despite everything we have tried and now we don`t have the $$ to try other options.

There are more things we should have done, like not taking her home and keeping her on fluids for at least another week. But it just wasn`t possible for us.

It was MY choice to bring her home. I knew the risks. Exploritory surgery has been mentioned, but I think it would be cruel at this point. I could have asked for an ultrasound, but didn`t bother. We all know the swelling is a very very bad sign.

I am still praying that she starts getting better. I won`t stop trying until she lets me know its time. It is teariing my heart out, not being able to heal her. She deserves so much better, damn it!

You can ask your vet to let you have some Ringer's solution and needles to give her fluids subcutaneously. It's easy to do, and only takes a few minutes. Sorry you're going through this.
    Don't tell me about what you can't do. That's boring. Show me what you can do. - Mom

Blood counts came back higher again. She won`t eat anything at all.

I think tomorrow or the next day she will be PTS. For now she is sleeping in our laps and we are giving her all the love we can.

dang... I'm sorry, cnigh, for all of you.