The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Looking for Polite Trail Horse in NJ

Looking for bombproof trail horse under 16H. Prefer free lease. Older adult rider with two brand-new knees who cannot risk a fall but wants to ride again. Nice farm, great turnout, excellent references. In Hunterdon County, NJ - but will travel for the right horse.

Quote Originally Posted by JanWeber View Post
    Looking for bombproof trail horse under 16H.
    I know of an older standardbred looking for exactly this kind of situation. He's in Pittstown. He's taller than 16hh, though. Is that a deal breaker?

Saddlebred Rescue (www.saddlebredrescue.com) has several horses in now that are proving themselves to be lovely trail horses. You might contact them. I trail ride saddlebreds, they are great trail horses. They are also located in NJ.
    Last edited by Anon40something; Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Adding more

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...-for-a-new-job
    Someone just posted a trail horse looking for a home. A good friend of mine personally knows the horse and can vouch for him.

Taller IS a deal-breaker since I just had both knees replaced and my range of motion is not and will never be enough to get on a bigger horse. I have a quiet 17H one in my barn I could ride if I could get on! harnessphoto, I spoke with the owner of that horse - he sounds lovely, but she's really looking more for a permanent situation for him and I am not able to commit to that for some time until I see how the knees work out.

Ive had both knees replaced and use a 3 step stool to get onto my 16:2 horse. Works great for both of us. Dismounting I grab the right stirrup leather to help slow down my descent and avoid impact.