The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Veneziano - Vivaldi / Donnerhall - mother is a full sister to Don Schufro

I would like peoples opinions on Veneziano (Vivaldi / Donnerhall). His mother Fabinal is a full sister to Don Schufro. I always like a stallion with a strong mother line :-)

From what I see, he is a very modern type with a very good walk.

www.youtube.com/embed/GBHiN_M2xbg

http://www.hengsthaltung-kathmann.de...ng=1&idart=686

I am thinking about him for our mare in Germarny - Prime Time.

http://www.dmwarmbloods.com/Prime_Time.asp

The other alternative we are looking at is Diamond Hit.

Looks like a nice stallion, though canter isn't established yet so can't comment on that.

However, I would never consider such a young and unproven stallion for such a young mare. You have no idea of what either one of them produces.

I'm still just evaluating options. Not decision time yet. Thanks.

Our mare has a very strong canter, so I am not as worried about the stallion having a perfect canter.

Dan

I really like the pedigree and mother line especially . . . . and I wanted to like the stallion more, but after seeing his under saddle performance during the licensing for Danish Warmblood . . I wasn't super impressed. He has that Vivaldi hind leg and hind end and was much less impressive under saddle. I think he moves much better in free movement at the moment, than under saddle. I think there are stronger/better Vivaldi sons, but he does have the great mother line. With more strength behind, he will develop positively; but I would certainly make sure my mare was correct in the hind leg conformation and movement and that trait was something strong in her motherline. Veneziano may end up being a super producer though. Vivaldi and sons definitely seem to improve shoulder freedom and angle/extension. Sometimes the neck set and length can be a bit unpredictable from Vivaldi and sons (this is a huge generalization but just something I have noticed)

I love Diamond Hit and his offspring. Quite reliable in offspring type and movement from what I have seen.

Btw, the Blue Hors Zack offspring at the Danish Warmblood licensing were super in my opinion. Hind leg highlights. Maybe not the prettiest (several big plain bays), but definite upper level potential in many of them. Zack seems to be producing a consistent type/movement.

Quote Originally Posted by kdavies View Post
    I really like the pedigree and mother line especially . . . . and I wanted to like the stallion more, but after seeing his under saddle performance during the licensing for Danish Warmblood . . I wasn't super impressed. He has that Vivaldi hind leg and hind end and was much less impressive under saddle. I think he moves much better in free movement at the moment, than under saddle. I think there are stronger/better Vivaldi sons, but he does have the great mother line. With more strength behind, he will develop positively; but I would certainly make sure my mare was correct in the hind leg conformation and movement and that trait was something strong in her motherline. Veneziano may end up being a super producer though. Vivaldi and sons definitely seem to improve shoulder freedom and angle/extension. Sometimes the neck set and length can be a bit unpredictable from Vivaldi and sons (this is a huge generalization but just something I have noticed)

I love Diamond Hit and his offspring. Quite reliable in offspring type and movement from what I have seen.

Btw, the Blue Hors Zack offspring at the Danish Warmblood licensing were super in my opinion. Hind leg highlights. Maybe not the prettiest (several big plain bays), but definite upper level potential in many of them. Zack seems to be producing a consistent type/movement.
    Great feedback.

I have not been able to find video of Veneziano under saddle yet. Are there any videos on the internet of him under saddle?

Dan

I think Veneziano and Diamond Hit are two very different horses. Love the bloodlines of Veneziano and know that Vivaldi is producing quite a few very good stallion sons. I would think that Veneziano will produce a more "modern" horse with your mare than Diamond Hit and that you would also get a bit more expressive gaits with Vivaldi in the bloodlines. But then you know what they say about opinions...... :-)
    Siegi Belz
    www.stalleuropa.com
    2007 KWPN-NA Breeder of the Year
    Dutch Warmbloods Made in the U. S. A.