The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default QH Mare Outer Banks NC Free to Good Home

1991 bay Quarter Horse Mare 14.3hh chunky old school type. Not registered. Comes with contract. Located in Grandy NC. Also available for a lease on farm. My father currently pays her bills as I cannot ride anymore and do not need the temptation plus my wallet cannot handle the stress. My father has asked me to place her as his funds are dwindling due to the economy. She is a VERY easy keeper, needs little grass or a muzzle. Does not like goats. Rides english or western. Barefoot and tough hooves. Loves kids. Does good with the green riders, tries to protect them by shifting her weight to accommodate their "leaning". has shown and done trails. Has not been ridden more than 10 min in the last 2 years. My fiancee who is a green rider rode her bareback for 2 min before begging for a saddle cause she is losing her topline, luckily I could borrow one She did good. Has no tack other than halter, lead rope, cooler, blanket. Old barn she was in the barn owner disappeared in the middle of the night and took all tack with her including my horses tack. has a good western pleasure headset and a jog you can sit all day. will try to get pics this weekend that are current. Looks young for her age.

Ok so I have pics but they are on my phone and I cannot post them as I am at the library since my computer decided it had enough. Friday I am hoping to get it back or replace it and then I will post pics. She had her feet done today, and that is one thing I meant to post. She does need to be on a supplement for her arthritis. Farrier thinks with something to help with the stiffness and excercise (more than just 24/7 turnout ) she will be fine. Barn owner/manager told him she was only 15 as she keeps forgetting that she is actually 22. I told farrier that she is in fact 22 and he cannot believe it! She is aging gracefully No gray hairs, no sagging back, nope she looks like she could pass for a 10 year old! So pics on Friday. Also I have to give the barn up to 30 days notice before she moves but they will work with me on that. She gets along great with other horses. She really has mellowed out in her age. Currently in with an older belgian type mare, was in with a dominante paint and a needy young quarter horse and did fine with those.

ok not the greatest pics but these are only two, trying to get more uploaded but my phone is being a pickle. I took them in the pasture, so she wasnt really cleaned up nor standing perfect but they were cleaning the barn and I did not want to disturb anyone. She was great about standing untied no leadline while I took off the blanket for the photos and was great for having her blanket put back on again with no lead or being tied.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

by the way here is her sires bloodlines:

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/gray+bell+boy
    Last edited by OBXPony; Mar. 22, 2013 at 04:07 PM.