The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Boarding facilities in central North Carolina

Hi all. I'm hoping to move back to NC in the not too distant future. I'd like to live as close to the Thomasville area as possible to be near my family. Of course I will have to find a house and a job but I need to find some boarding facilities in the area and work from there.

I'd really like to have an indoor as I don't know what my work schedule will be. I'd like to be in a dressage oriented/friendly barn where I can take lessons. No pony parties or huge lesson schedules that will kick me out of the ring/arena. Other than that it's all about my mare......

I need individual turnout. The footing has to be excellent and well groomed. Someone has to live on the property. Prefer a place where someone is usually on the premises. My mare is not always happy outside so she may need to be in a stall more than usual. She can't be left out unmonitored. She is 26 and while I am riding her at this time I wouldn't want to get kicked out if she should have to be retired from riding. I don't want to be too close to main roads. Though she is good about boundaries I'd like wood or other
    sturdy fencing. I prefer a more inclusive fee rather than a lot of add ons. She gets SmartPaks daily and wears Back on Track products several days a week.

I myself am pretty low maintenance. As long as my horse is safe and well cared for I'm happy. I have been at my current facility for awhile and they will give me a reference if needed.

If anyone can refer me to some suitable stables and/or point me to places online to search I'd be very greatful. Thanks for reading.

Sorry I don't know of anything in that area, but you might want to try looking at NCDCTA.org website. You could possible get some idea of who to call in the central NC area. I would be willing to be you will have a difficult time finding an indoor in that area as well.

Google NC horse news as well. They have a new bb called The Square, I think.