The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by skydy View Post
    Mod 3, I won't argue but.. JMHO, what you see as "inflammatory attacks" by some posters, are actually understandable and reasonable responses to the OP.
    Given OP's history, I'd be inclined to agree. I'm guessing that some might find her post the message board equivalent of swimming in kerosene then lighting a cigarette...

6 members found this post helpful.

Mod 3, I think most people would be fine with it being locked if the OP (who IS the topic) were finally banned so her crazy accusatory assaults on the USEF (when she should be at home thanking her lucky stars she wasn't banned for life--sheesh, Tonya Harding should have gone into horse showing, she got banned from skating for a lot less) won't keep cropping up again.

10 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Mod 3, I think most people would be fine with it being locked if the OP (who IS the topic) were finally banned so her crazy accusatory assaults on the USEF (when she should be at home thanking her lucky stars she wasn't banned for life--sheesh, Tonya Harding should have gone into horse showing, she got banned from skating for a lot less) won't keep cropping up again.
    Yes!

3 members found this post helpful.

Mod 3 is probably getting scads of lawsuit threatening PMs from the OP. Lord knows that woman loves to pretend importance through litigation.

FWIW, the OP has admitted to killing the pony. Put him to sleep by accident IIRC. OP has also admitted everything people are quoting back to her, has posted it ad nauseum online and mostly on here.
    Repeating her ignorance and stupidity back to her and then opining that it's stupid and ignorant is a lot less inflamatory than, well, anything she posts.

But totally understand if the thread gets closed due to constant harassment of the Mod by the OP. Heaven knows the OP is unable to clean up her own messes without help.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    Mod 3 is probably getting scads of lawsuit threatening PMs from the OP. Lord knows that woman loves to pretend importance through litigation.

FWIW, the OP has admitted to killing the pony. Put him to sleep by accident IIRC. OP has also admitted everything people are quoting back to her, has posted it ad nauseum online and mostly on here.
    Repeating her ignorance and stupidity back to her and then opining that it's stupid and ignorant is a lot less inflamatory than, well, anything she posts.

But totally understand if the thread gets closed due to constant harassment of the Mod by the OP. Heaven knows the OP is unable to clean up her own messes without help.
    Mods can't be sued for banning a poster. I don't think COTH is worried about that.
    That said, I am surprised that EM is still allowed to participate since she has accused SO many people of doing SO many bad things and has used this forum to do so.

Apparently she hasn't done enough to be banned. I think COTH has the cojones to ban someone whenever they choose to, without worrying about a lawsuit.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by amberhill View Post
    It was a sad situation for all involved but mostly for my daughter and I who had raised Humble and adored the ground he walked on....Our ponies/horses are like our babies and we go above and beyond for them.

As a mother, it is my job to protect all of my children and insulate them from harm and I will continue to do so. I have been known to move mountains when I put my mind to it and will continue to fight for what I believe in.

I haven't really heard ALL of the details since I don't show at big shows like this... but didn't you kill your own pony?

Seriously, for someone who really loves your daughter and your ponies, you'd think you wouldn't be drugging it to death and trying to sue other people for your poor choices... because guess what? No matter what crap you try to spin on everyone else, it's YOUR reputation, and by proxy, your poor daughter's. You certainly aren't doing anything good for her riding career.

Perhaps you should *move mountains*, then go climb up in them and never return.

15 members found this post helpful.

I was thinking that we could have a drinking game everytime there was a "in my opinion" in the article. I didn't read the whole thing, but scanning it I saw quite a few of those.

These seem to be the clearest, more correctly written thoughts I've seen written by her....but still doesn't change the past.....

Quote Originally Posted by amberhill View Post
    Finally, some sanity and yes... Emma can hold her own and I will be right there by her side. I have not sold my daughter out to a BNT and WILL NOT though many have tried.. I can hold my own also. We beat to our own drum and will continue to do so.

The judges see her ride all day long, help other pony kids and have judged her since she was six years old... they have seen us come up the ranks and our record speaks for itself. We are a winning team and not because we bring home the blue... because we do it together and enjoy doing it together, whether we win or lose. We love training green animals and figuring them out. Emma has NEVER had a made pony without a hole we had to fix and we have made many many successful (not "winners" but successful because they love their jobs) and will continue to do so.

As to all the haters... we are living well, doing what we love and that is the best revenge.
    Then WHY are you here complaining, again?

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by MyssMyst View Post
    This post makes me want to ask if there's a monopoly on the good anti-psychotics...
    Or maybe even a monopony.
    A helmet saved my life.

2014 goal: learn to ride like TheHorseProblem, er, a barn rat!

Look in the mirror and you may just see the biggest problem with "your" pony market. In my opinion just because you can create excel charts and send a barrage of skewed market propaganda does not make what you say true.

In the last six months alone we bought two division ponies with the help of our trusted long time trainer. The truth is that we have skipped right past all of your ponies as possible options. These are ponies that if listed with a different barn or agent might well be considered but the thought of working a deal together just puts me off.

Luckily, in my opinion at least, it seems that you have a healthy financial cushion and are in position to carry the cost of all these animals for some time

Not selling many ponies Ms. Mandarino? Don't blame anyone but yourself.

19 members found this post helpful.

Mod 3 has it right: The topic is the OP's opinion, the content of what she has said here, not the OP as her reputation stands now.

Many of the complaints in that first post have been made by COTHers and others with less infamous reputations. It is possible for Mandarino to be in the moral minority in some respects and not others.

I "get" that she'll be vilified early and often here. But COTH is right to not wish to go out of its way to support that.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

I'm simply SHOCKED that the USEF doesn't have a red phone on the desk just for you to communicate with them. After all, you have been nothing but a patient, kind, honest, upstanding, helpful, caring, rational, supportive, quiet and calm member of their organization.

I swear at this point they are only refraining from revoking your membership so they can keep a close eye on your disastrous antics. I can't imagine any other reason they haven't kicked you to the curb. I sincerely feel bad for your daughter at this point, being saddled with you as her role model.

No amount of nonsensical rambling articles of self promotional will make anyone here forget you killed your pony. And then had the nerve to collect insurance money for it.

And it is a seriously screwy world when people like you are the ones who get it all and can play in the big sandbox while kids like mine who are equally as talented as yours not only have to watch a parent slowly suffer and possibly die but also lose what they love to do in the process. There is no justice. I usually don't let it twist me up because there is no peace in that, but lady you push the couple buttons I have left.

Now let me see.....where did I leave my bag of sympathy for your difficult time getting ponies leased and sold, and your troubles losing clients to real trainers? I know it was here somewhere.....

Quote Originally Posted by mvp View Post
    Mod 3 has it right: The topic is the OP's opinion, the content of what she has said here, not the OP as her reputation stands now.

Many of the complaints in that first post have been made by COTHers and others with less infamous reputations. It is possible for Mandarino to be in the moral minority in some respects and not others.

I "get" that she'll be vilified early and often here. But COTH is right to not wish to go out of its way to support that.
    The OP complained that USEF "slaps the wrists" of pony trainers and does not suspend them for long enough.

I think the irony of that statement is certainly worthy of comment, as is the complaint about the market for ponies. I think the OP's pony sales may be down a bit, I also think that blaming USEF for it, is absurd.

This is only one more self serving rant by the OP and I see nothing wrong with the fact that people recognize (and comment about) it.
    Last edited by skydy; Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:37 AM.

In an effort to keep this thread on track...

If you look around the pony rings in Zone 2, you'll see stinking rich kids riding ponies they own but don't know how to groom or bandage. You'll see grooms w/o college education doing complex weight/dosage calculations so that the very expensive ponies of the stinking rich kids go around with their noses on the ground so the kids don't fall off.

Then you say you're surprised that these kids don't go onto become amateurs? Good lord. By the time they're 17 most of them are too stressed about getting into the right Ivy League school to consider riding. It's not like most of them are going to schools with riding programs (although occasionally it's fun to see a Medal/Maclay rider showing Novice/WTC at an IHSA show).

The ones you do see continuing to ride either a) have more money than God and don't need to go to college, even to find a future mate, or b) turn professional and try to make it. There is always a small number of riders for whom horses are everything and they would work with horses whether they got paid or not. They.simply.must.ride.

The cycle has always been for young girls to show ponies, then junior hunters, then Big Eq then go to college, work for a few years, make a society match, then bring their offspring out in lead line within 6 years of graduation.

For the rest of the show ring population, who aren't made of gold, they sell their horses and go to college, or eek their way through school riding as often as they can hoping to land that well paying position that allow them to spend their money on board rather than rent in the hope that, one day, they'll be able to show again.
    ~Kryswyn~ Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo
    Check out my Kryswyn JRTs on Facebook

"Life is merrier with a terrier!"

20 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by plainbay22 View Post
    Here we go again! Popcorn anyone?
    Has anyone ever tried the bacon and caramel popcorn recipe? I'm thinking of trying it out this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by SnicklefritzG View Post
    Has anyone ever tried the bacon and caramel popcorn recipe? I'm thinking of trying it out this weekend.
    No, but you have to send a link or just paste the recipe. I love bacon.

Also, is anyone interested in pursuing a class action personal injury lawsuit for the chronic neck pain caused by excessively shaking your head???

Lastly, there is a "disgust" emoticon, but it doesn't fully capture the feeling
    Disclaimer: Just a beginner who knows nothing about nothing

1 members found this post helpful.

I have "The Bacon Cookbook" by James Villas (two time James Beard Award winner etc.. etc..)
    It's an excellent book, and it does have a recipe for Bacon Chedder Popcorn..

In any bacon-popcorn recipe it is important to use bacon fat, instead of vegetable oil or butter, in the popping of the corn.

Quote Originally Posted by skydy View Post
    I have "The Bacon Cookbook" by James Villas (two time James Beard Award winner etc.. etc..)
    It's an excellent book, and it does have a recipe for Bacon Chedder Popcorn..

In any bacon-popcorn recipe it is important to use bacon fat, instead of vegetable oil or butter, in the popping of the corn.
    Disclaimer: Just a beginner who knows nothing about nothing

@horseynjwarrior

What hurts Emma most is your vile, defamatory and racist videos. After the USEF BOD posted them to his Facebook page and Emma learned of them, she texted my 80 year old father who was so upset by her texts that he had chest pains and couldn't breathe and ended up in the hospital for a good period of time. Thankfully, he has recovered fully. I am so glad you took so much time to cause pain to my daughter. If you post racially slurred videos on the Internet I can only imagine what goes on in your home.

@ all

And for the record, I did think I killed Humble at first because the only possible reason for his death was if I had hit the carotid artery. I was beside myself and reacted as any loving owner would. I was not thinking of myself... I was thinking of Humble. I wasn't concerned with anything else but Humble and my daughter. The next day when the pathologist called me to inform me about his diseased lungs I was shocked but in hindsight it made sense. Not that it made Emma nor I feel any better about losing him, but at least we had closure in that regard.

@ all

22 animals have died at competitions last year and the only one focused on is the one that has a necropsy and toxicology performed by one of the top clinics in the nation clearing any wrongdoing. Humble was tested for over 1100 substances. In my opinion, animals are dropping ringside and in schooling areas and BNTs who don't sign entry blanks get away with claiming it was a "bee sting". I am pushing the USEF hard for investigations and/or necropsies to be performed on EVERY animal that dies or drops at a USEF sanctioned competition. I am also pushing hard for due process rights for all USEF members so that another member does not get temporarily suspended without a hearing because of a false protest based on ulterior motives filed against them. If anything comes out of the loss of Humble it should be these two rule changes/additions.

@COTH
    Your continued platform for disparagement is obscene. This post is about the pony market and the monopolies in the hunter jumper world and that you even allow such distasteful posts is a telling.
    Elizabeth Mandarino
    www.amberhillponies.com
    cell 908.397.0977