The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Looking for an amateur friendly barn in Norther VA..

I just moved to the Stafford VA area and am looking for a barn to ride. I can travel to the Warrenton or Fredericksburg area. I am getting back into it after a few years off and no longer have a horse of my own to ride. So I need a place that would be able to accomodate a adult amateur rider who would be able to ride one of their horses or part lease something in the barn...any ideas? Thanks!

I ride at the most wonderful place---Rosemount Farm in Spotsylvania, VA. This is the best facility around with the most amazing trainers, staff, riders and shows! I am an Adult Amateur as well and love it here. The facility offers a large indoor arena, two big outdoor rings with great footing, hills to ride on, and great boarding and leasing options for everyone. Check out www.Rosemountfarm.com I have made some of the best friends while riding at Rosemount. Everyone is really friendly and a great team. Everyone supports each others goals. I can't say enough about this place. It really is the best place around. I work at Stafford hospital and it takes me about 25-30 minutes in the evening after to work to get to the farm. I just love it! Please get in touch with me if you have any other questions or would like to come check things out!

1 members found this post helpful.

Thanks so much! I had that one on my list to check out.

Hi, I too will second the above for Rosemount I've ridden at many places around the Fredericksburg area and it's the best by far that I've been at! I currently own a horse that is boarded there and there are lots of opportunities to ride and lease or part lease if you don't currently own something or are just getting back into it The trainers and staff are great and really do a great job of tailoring to individual needs. I am a re rider of sorts, took 6 years off while having children and have come so far while being back riding with the help of Ann and Mary-Ashley I too am an adult amateur and can speak for the community that is there, children and adults both! Come check it out

2 members found this post helpful.

We have a large hunter barn on the south side of Warrenton and offer VHSA/BHSA local shows as well as traveling to many local and rated shows. There are three different instructors here and a multitude of school/show horses that are fantastic. We also offer full and partial leases. We are a very family, fun and professional environment. Please feel free to call or email for more info or check out our site at www.picturesquefarm.com And I second that Annie at Rosemount does a very good job too

I'm in Culpeper, but I've heard great things about Rosemount. Erin Grampp at EKG Stables is also very nice, a good instructor, and she does go to a lot of local shows. http://www.ekgstables.com/

Southern Heritage Farm is off of Rt. 17 in Fauquier. It's super close to Stafford/Hartwood. I know the girl who manages things over there and it seems like a really cool environment for Ammys! They are getting ready to start their own hunter show series (vhsa approved!) as well as a few dressage shows! I'll attach a link to their website but you can also look them up on Facebook!

http://www.southernheritagefarm.com/