The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default David Mullinix Photography- if you haven't received your pics, see pg 3, post 45

Ordered pics in Nov at Poplar, still haven't received them, emailed Donna, left countless messages and emails, etc etc.

Just posting his name on this message board again for good measure.
    Last edited by eponacowgirl; Oct. 4, 2013 at 12:30 AM.

Send me a PM with your info. I will be announcing at Poplar and Rocking Horse this month, and I shall march over and ask in person.

13 members found this post helpful.

I do not get why he is used... The photos are adequate (sometimes good, usually mediocre) but his customer service is HORRIBLE. It took me sending an email (after MANY emails) to both he and Donna saying that if I did not have an answer and/or my photos by the end of the week I'd be sending a letter of complaint to both the cc company and my attorney. THAT got him to call me with some non sense about how he hadn't been able to respond to me sooner because he didn't know how to use his new smart phone. (kid you not) I know Donna isn't using him for the dressage shows anymore, wish she wouldn't use him for the events too. Good luck! (and I'd threaten him with the credit card and/or attorney - that was all that worked for one of my friends too).
    Emerald Acres standing the ATA Approved Stallion, Tatendrang. Visit us at our Facebook Farm Page as well!

I had the same trouble with them after Poplar in 2011. Did finally get my photos but it was months later after many, many phone calls and emails.

1 members found this post helpful.

eponacowgirl is offline Grand Prix Premium Member
    Original Poster

Quote Originally Posted by FlightCheck View Post
    Send me a PM with your info. I will be announcing at Poplar and Rocking Horse this month, and I shall march over and ask in person.
    Empty your inbox, when you get a chance! Thank you so much!!

Sorry for you. There have been numerous threads about him on here, he is horrible to deal with. I've quite buying pics at Poplar. I did have to complain to Donna a few times, and he usually got it together after she must've contacted him.

I don't know why they don't give him the boot, she said last year (2012) was his last chance. Alas, nothing has changed.

I run my first Intermediate there next week, and I'm already sad that I won't be able to buy any pics!!
    Fade to Grey Farm
    Eventing, Foxhunting & Connemaras
    *NEW* website:www.fadetogreyfarm.com

Original Poster

I just sent him another email.

Found out one of my trainer's owners has not received hers yet, either.

*sigh* I just want pictures of my horse!!

Yeah, well a least he TOOK your picture, and you probably will get them someday. I somehow managed to be invisible on XC at Poplar.

Original Poster

Quote Originally Posted by subk View Post
    Yeah, well a least he TOOK your picture, and you probably will get them someday. I somehow managed to be invisible on XC at Poplar.
    http://davidmullinixphotography.phot...5&g=0BEF00HX2M

He is so keen and cute on XC!!!

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by eponacowgirl View Post
    Cool! When we checked that weekend they didn't have any jumping photos just the dressage.

Original Poster

Quote Originally Posted by subk View Post
    Cool! When we checked that weekend they didn't have any jumping photos just the dressage.
    Too bad you can't order any photos. Or maybe you should, so you can hound him with Melissa and I. It's a fun game. Really...

or something.

After multiple phone calls and emails with absolutely no response I actually got him on the phone three weeks ago. He told me he would print and mail my pictures that day. I am sure all will be shocked to know that I still have no pictures - that I ordered and paid for in November.

Similiar experience here, contacted him about buying a few photos in January after our horse made his debut with his new rider. It would about a guaranteed sale as one can get. Never even bothered to respond. Emailed Donna as well.

Seriously folks - I know people that took more than a year and didn't get their photos, one girl gave up. IME, he won't bother till you get others involved (and while I always cc Donna, I don't only include her - I don't think he cares if she knows or not - it is when the credit card companies and lawyers get involved).

I did order photos on site one time (Poplar last May) and did get the photos after about 4 or 5 weeks, BUT it is hard to use them for anything to actually promote my stallion as I can't get photo release rights from him although I've emailed and called several times for that. I finally just gave up, am using them on FB/website and use my other photos from all other photographers when it comes to ads and promotion with my breed reg etc.
    Emerald Acres standing the ATA Approved Stallion, Tatendrang. Visit us at our Facebook Farm Page as well!

I've never ordered from David Mullinix, but had the same problem with Jeffrey Nye at Xpress Foto. Ordered (and paid for!) a CD of photos over a year ago now, and still have not received them. Cannot get any response to repeated e-mails, calling, or submissions through the "customer service" part of the website. I've been as polite as I can but it's incredibly frustrating! I sympathize with the fact that horse show photography is not really an easy way to make a living, especially in the digital age, but handling customer service this poorly certainly does not help them.

Just FYI, David Mullinix photography is now the show photographer for some of the Florida horse trials as well, which is new this year.

This sounds awful. I am so grateful that Shannon Brinkman is at so many shows and is fabulous.

Inbox is emptied...send me your info and I will personally ask at the next 2 shows.

David Mullinix is the WORST.

Bought pictures from him once, took a year for them to show up, after numerous phone calls, emails, etc. Gave him a second chance...8 months with no pictures, and they didn't "magically" show up until I got lawyer and credit card company involved. Many, many people have had the same experience.

Makes me wonder if he makes money by taking in funds and only sending out pictures to the people who make it clear they won't drop the issue.

Original Poster

It astounds me that Donna, who runs a very nice, professional, well attended horse trial at a facility that specializes in running equine events... allows someone to sell their goods/services on the property that has required multiple people to CONTACT THEIR ATTORNEY to get what they paid for.

Has anyone actually talked to Donna about this?! Emails responded to? This is insane.

Why would you keep inviting a photographer like this back?